SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Watch related.
Caught a few minutes of John Wick last night.
What's with wearing the watch face down (on the back side of the wrist)?
Have noticed our CEO at work wears his that way as well.

I sit at a desk all day & it definitely wouldn't work for me. I could maybe see it for a driver, as you could reference the watch without much/if any movement of the hand/wrist needed.

I had this conversation with my manager recently, as he'd seen a military watch recently where the dial was rotated clockwise 90 degrees. I wondered what the purpose of that would be, and his theory was this: "Say you're holding a rifle, and you need a quick glance at the time." Makes sense to me, whether the dial be traditional or rotated the way his example was. Also, any lume in the dark would be easier for you to see and harder for a threat to see when worn this way. Personally, that's about the only use I can see for it beyond some sort of individual preference.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
Catching up after a few days away.

vthoky, Congratulations! You must be thrilled!

Thank you, I am!

I took the blue NATO off it this morning and put on a black one (thank you, David Truong!). I think I like it better, but I'm not sure. I'll wear it for a few days. The nice thing is that the NATO straps are easy to change out. Cool

I'm trying to talk myself into waiting another week before ordering the stainless bracelet from Strapcode....

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've not figured it out.

Our nephew (cop) wears his watch face down.My husband just started wearing his face down as well.

That would never work for me. It's weird.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
That would never work for me. It's weird.

Yeah, I've tried it a time or two and found it extremely uncomfortable. Too much pressure on the tendons. That's also the part of the bracelet or strap that seems to accrue wear the fastest, so it seems to me I'd be scratching up my watches wearing it that way. I'll stick with the usual way.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My Citizen F150 is far too case heavy for wearing in that way as well. Too thick & too heavy, just feels awkward.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Not to mention I would think the crystal would get all scratched up wearing your watch upside down.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Depends on your wear habits, I suppose. If you're at a desk all day, I could definitely see some crystal wear.
If you're on you feet all day, it could work, with the right watch.

Still awkward to me, either way.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Hey, that's how John Wick wears his, so it's therefore totally badass for any assassins spending time at the Continental.

Perhaps if you do a lot with your hands and bang into stuff, it might protect the crystal.

My modest little collection has matured a bit over the past couple years. I've added a few budget-friendlies, including a couple Deep Blues, which I think are a high value watch.

Might have to check in here more often.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Catching up after a few days away.

vthoky, Congratulations! You must be thrilled!

Thank you, I am!

I took the blue NATO off it this morning and put on a black one (thank you, David Truong!). I think I like it better, but I'm not sure. I'll wear it for a few days. The nice thing is that the NATO straps are easy to change out. Cool

I'm trying to talk myself into waiting another week before ordering the stainless bracelet from Strapcode....

I think buying straps, bands and bracelets can be equally addictive as hunting down the next watch!

Buy a watch, start thinking about things like NATO, or bar mounted. Color (with a particular set of clothes)? Material? Clasp finish?

Heck, I have one band that I only wear on one watch, to match my cowboy boots. Big Grin

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've been curious about trying a new band, but having a hard time visualizing how it would look.

Was browsing Strapsmith & saw some i like, but can't see it on the Citizen F150.

Thoughts? I'm assuming that the case hugging bracelet lugs would have a gap with a leather, or other, strap instead.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think buying straps, bands and bracelets can be equally addictive as hunting down the next watch!

I'm thinking on this, because I'm sort of a traditionalist:

Though I believe there's a fella 'round here with little tiny sunburn marks on his wrist from wearing one with holes in it like this:

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
A fresh beer and a old Coke...

Posts: 11386 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like a good pair, sir.

God bless America.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
In the early 80's when I got my first job out of college, I worked as an engineer on an oil and gas research ship owned and operated by Mobil Exploration and Producing out of Dallas, TX. Funny, a ship operated out of landlocked Dallas. But it was a great first job and I saw much of the world including lots of third world shitho....I mean countries. Travel is a great educator. But on this ship were lots of scientists and technicians along with us marine crew and many of them had very nice watches. Maybe it was a Dallas/Texas thing. One that caught my eye in particular was an Omega Seamaster. I'm not sure I'd say it was my grail watch, but I finally got one from a forum member who was great to deal with.

I'm sure this won't be the end of my watch journey, but it sure has scratched an itch!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a gorgeous Seamaster! Congrats.

I thought I was more or less not going to buy any watches for a while but Steinhart is tempting me badly with these two new releases.

Blue or white? Hmmmm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Beer and Coke does look like a great combo!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm not big on the rose gold, but think the white face looks better with it.

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Though I believe there's a fella 'round here with little tiny sunburn marks on his wrist from wearing one with holes in it like this:

Big Grin

Hah! You got me vthoky Wink Although I have this bracelet on another watch right now and have a NATO on the SKX.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I would have never mixed a beer and a coke, but, it sure looks great!

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
6guns, congrats! I never realized the black dials had the wave pattern also. Looks great! I’m looking to scratch that same itch, just trying to actually decide which one I want to go for. Soon. Very soon.

Sitckman, you know it’s got to be that white dial, man. No contest, IMO. Big Grin