SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Yea last night was fun. I'll be on late tonight (12est-ish) so if you guys are on before then someone let Nala know I made 4 metal sheds last night and stuck them in that middle safe.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Kevin - you're not allowed to have codes to doors anymore, as you can't be trusted to close and lock doors.

You left all the doors in the base on #2 open. Last week you disregarded me and did the same thing in the base on #1.

You jeopardize everyones hard work with your carelessness.

Do not. Do not leave doors unlocked.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
So, last night was fun. Tried to clear out sector HF after the server restart. Took like 5 hours.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
So, last night was fun. Tried to clear out sector HF after the server restart. Took like 5 hours.

How was the loot? Mostly rifles from what I saw up there last time.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8851 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:

How was the loot? Mostly rifles from what I saw up there last time.

If you make it all the way to the end, there are just crates of really nice stuff. The thing is set up like a maze that you have to fight through to get to the pot of gold at the end.

Lots of guns and bags off of the dead AI too.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Were they able to make it out alive? I had to go to bed after the restart when you were AFK Joe because it was closing in on 5am and I had to be up at 10 :P

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Oh, no. Never stood a chance.

They loaded up their bags. Grabbed some epi-pens, and tried to jump over the wall so that their bodies and loot would be outside of the base and they could come back and collect it.

Died the moment they stepped outside.

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Anyone heard from ASG? I'm not playing DayZ, but what with the mudslides and all, just curious.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Anyone heard from ASG? I'm not playing DayZ, but what with the mudslides and all, just curious.

Yea he's been on, no mention of mudslides or anything.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous. I've been wanting to run up to the AI base ever since last time we made a run several weeks ago.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8851 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
So we did the Sector HF base again. Took us a couple of hours, but we cleaned it out.

Solid run, and I had a fair bit of fun.

It gets easier once you learn where the .50 gunners are.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
So we did the Sector HF base again. Took us a couple of hours, but we cleaned it out.

Solid run, and I had a fair bit of fun.

It gets easier once you learn where the .50 gunners are.

I'm gonna start running a chopper when we're up there, make shit a lot more timely so we can take our time and clean out the crates instead of cherrypicking. If I pick up the dead and get you guys back quick we'll smoke it.

Also, our base is going to be fucking MAGNIFICENT now.

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I'm actually excited for helping out with one of these HF runs. Even though I didn't get on until you all were done, I could tell you were having fun.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be on some today during the day. Anyone down for some raids?

posted Hide Post
I've been messing around in the Standalone, but I'm seriously considering grabbing the mod now. The standalone is fun from a "Dear God this is tough" perspective, especially since the Zombies are of the 28 Days Later sprint-faster-than-you flavor of late. And eyesight like HAWKS.

It's horrifying. I finally found a water pump, heard that tell-tale screech/yell, and a dozen Zombies come sprinting out of the woods and overtook me in seconds...I was laughing and a bit terrified all at the same time.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post

What you are looking at there is a small shed, it has windows on three sides, a locking garage door on the fourth and a metal roof. It contains a plot pole. It is not our plot pole though, or rather it wasn't, until Throbert encased it in a completely impenetrable fortress of cheap plywood and automotive glass. But that's getting ahead of the story.

We picked up a new guy, named Dakoko which everyone mistakes as "Dakota," turns out that's his real name, so of course I had to make fun of his white trash parents. Anyway, he's been invited into the fold for whatever reason, so Throbertina and I went to help him move from his shitty barn base to our glorious castle, The Keep. He, Dakoko, had a falling out of sorts with the gents he used to play with and they sort of murdered him and took most of his gold, still he had enough gear that it took a couple trips back and forth with my Land Rover and Arc's Toyota with PKM mounted to the roof of the cab.

It was on one of these runs we discovered by accident, that if you enter the wrong combo into a padlock there's a chance 50 sprinting zombies will just beam in and start gang fucking you, so be aware of that when you fat finger a combo, you might have to go rock and roll to escape. Otherwise it was a fairly uneventful trip, just using it to get to know Dakoko, trading terrible jokes that would get us fired from our jobs for like nine different kinds of insensitivity. Except Throberella, since he just quit his job to focus on his real passion in life, Star Trek and masturbation. It's hard to get fired from that.

About the time we got back from cleaning out Dakoko's house, Godsmoke returned with a goddamned F35. Yes, you can now purchase air superiority fighters, they haven't got missiles or bombs, but they do have cannons. We watched as he tried to land this $150million marvel of modern engineering and technology on our landing pad, wiggling and wobbling about like a drunk toddler is in control. However, unlike a drunk toddler, he somehow managed to land the plane without leveling the entire base and killing everyone within 500 meters. It was a miracle.

None of that really has anything to do with the story, I just wanted to let everyone know we've got a fighter jet now, it also introduces Godsmoke to the adventure. He had a powerful need to go out and ruin someone's day and everyone knows the best way to do that is with an LAV25, which he happens to own from all the frequent trips to the weed farm. Kids, the next time someone tells you that crime doesn't pay, punch them in the face. And steal their wallet, because if you're gonna go for assault you might as well make it robbery too.

Our mission was reconnaissance/scaving (always scavenging), we wanted to find people's bases so that we could assault them at a later date, but for now we would just mark them and destroy/liberate any equipment they had laying around. While doing this a building supply crate spawned, we were nearby so we took the opportunity to go see if anyone had foolishly decided to acquire it's contents.

We rolled across the field, cresting a small hill, directly in front of us was the crate with a car parked next to it, it looked abandoned until I looked through the scope of the LAV's Bushmaster and saw a gentleman in ghillie suit next to the crate and another sitting in the driver's seat, both of them seemingly completely oblivious to the 13 tonne death wagon blasting across the countryside at them. Their inattentiveness earned them a swift, loud and fiery death. And then Godsmoke gutted them because apparently he's RPing Jeffery Dahmer.

I felt a little bad about the whole thing, I mean here's these dudes out here, riding around in their shitty commie car just trying to make it in this new world filled with the walking dead, and then some asshole rolls up and puts a dozen 25mm cannon shells into all their worldly possessions. It wasn't that long ago that was me, skittering around the countryside, terrified by anything that vaguely sounded like a motor in the distance, just trying to scrape enough together that we don't starve to death, just having a couple magazines between three of us for defense. Hard times, brother, I lived 'em, and here I am reenacting it for these poor schlubs, except this time I'm the one with power. Terrible, corrupting power. What kind of monster have I become? What has this world done to me? I used to be a cop, I put monsters like me away for a living!

But then Dakoko said those were the guys who stole his shit, so fuck 'em. It's not often you can do a good deed with a chaingun.

Fast forward some, I tell Godsmoke to take us down the coast, some chud has built a base at an airfield down there, got him a couple choppers just sitting there, a building all boarded up, good loot spawns too so we can go harass his equipment and get some beltfeds and anti-material rifles. Drive in, waste his MI-8 and quad parked on the tarmac and drive around looking for more. Just poking above the edge of his boarded up building is one of them little Bell M*A*S*H* style helicopters, all I can see is the rotor. So of course that's what I shot at, it explodes and suddenly the building starts melting in the ground like it's made of snow and cardboard, just crumbling apart, leaving all the player built stuff hanging in the air like magic.

We go over to inspect it and find the plot pole, two stories up floating next to the roof of a shed built inside the now collapsed building. A plan was formed, quickly and drunkenly. It called for a helicopter and several crowbars and toolboxes. We were going to steal that plot pole.

Skull Leader flew over in his Mi-8 (why not the Little Bird, goddamnitjesuschrist?) and picked up Dakoko so he could gingerly flop out of the helicopter onto that floating shed, hoping to not break his legs and bleed out in the process. It took a couple tries, him jumping out and falling four stories, somehow surviving, us bandaging him and sticking him with enough morphine to kill Hunter S. Thompson a dozen times over.

Unfortunately while up there he broke his crowbar, so Throberella now had to jump down, his crowbar broke too, so I got up there, only to find that for whatever reason I no longer had a crowbar on my belt. None could be found in the floating sheds either, and server restart was just a few minutes away. There's no time to go back and get more tools, so we decide to stay in the base, worst case on server restart we're trapped in there until we either starve or the guy shows up he lets us out. We could dump his sheds too.

Server comes back up, we log in and the building has respawned, we're trying to figure out if maybe we can jam a backpack through a door and pull gear out that way, or maybe hover a chopper next to a window. Either way we're not giving up, not yet, but none of these ideas are working. So Godsmoke opens up with that 25 and brings the building down in like nine shots, apparently it's just made of paper mache like a third-grader's science fair project, I don't know what kind of science he's studying with a model of shitty Soviet style apartments, but whatever, he's trying.

Of course we weren't prepared for this, so we all got dumped on the ground, breaking legs, squirting blood, all that good stuff. But now we can actually try to pull off the operation again, as we originally planned it, although "planned" is a very strong word for what's going on here. We've got a pile of crowbars, a pile of toolboxes, Throbertina, Dakoko and I pile into the Mi-8. We go up and gently, ever so gently slide into place, getting as close as he can, Skull Leader parks the chopper perfectly allowing Dakoko to climb onto the shed roof and access the helicopter's inventory. If he breaks a tool he just reaches up and grabs another.

Before you know it, boom, we got the plot pole. Mission is a success, Throberella replants it just out back and encases it in that wooden fuck you. The base now belongs to the NGA, we can't really get into it without combinations, but whoever had it also can't maintain it, eventually it'll start decaying and then we just have to maintain the shed to keep a 50 meter circle around it free of anyone else's base building attempts.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Lolz.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
That is so much awesome.

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Took some weed to the dealer and now I gots me a safe!!

Now, since I gliched the scrap metal and engine parts I had, I have to run 14 Km back to Balota. Hopefully I'll be on again tonight and someone can come pick me up in Klen.

I also see that Godsmoke hasn't managed to destroy the base by crashing his jet yet. That's always a positive.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
The F35 is alright. I used it last night to take out the AI chopper over the weed dealer for Godsmoke and Dakoko. It only has 300 rounds though, is insanely fucking fast, and takes for fucking ever to land.

Not sure the pros outweigh the cons...but if you need to cross the map in like 30 seconds, it'll do like 900 whatever speed measurement they use (meters per second?)

It takes longer to land the F35 than it does the giant ass Osprey.