SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Very satisfying Ep5.

Danny had enough of the subtle bullshit and decided to BE A DRAGON.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
I'm holding out for Tyrion the Targaryen and his bride Sansa sitting on the throne, after Dragon Lady tries to roast him and it doesn't work, perhaps aided by Arya the Unsulllied behind the newly-insane Witch Queen with her trusty VS dagger. After Jon is DQ'd for the second time, permanently, in some grisly fashion. With Sam as his Maister, holding the astrolabe at the beginning of the show and remembering because all of this already happened, Davos his Hand, and Bran the Chronicler. But I could be wrong....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Peter Dinklage is a hell of a good actor, I'll say that

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by detroit192:
Anyone who thought there would be a happy ending has not been paying attention. Think Hamlet but with more death and insanity.

"Titus Andronicus" is the one you are looking for.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing satisfying about this episode was the Cleganebowl...and the scene between the Lanister brothers. Dinklage deserves some kind of acting award.

Horseshit that Euron washes up after his ship gets blown-up.
Horseshit that Dany becomes a sociopath 24-hrs after Jon turns her off. Lannister army surrenders, bells ring and she flips a switch? Every.Single.Street.Destroyed.
Horseshit that Arya gets all the way to the Red Keep, then turns around and we get 15-minutes of her wandering around, dodging falling masonry
Horseshit that Cersei dies in the basement of the Red Keep.

This episode made zero sense. Proof that the Double-D's are done with this series. Battle of Winterfell had it's moments but was largely underwhelming, pushed over due to poor cinematography choices, this episode is the cherry on top of an underwhelming jet-packed season.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Supposedly the Lannisters all make it to the final episode so the collapse may not have finished them off.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's been pointed out online that this is the fulfillment of the vision Dany had back in Season 2.

At the time, it was assumed that she was walking into a destroyed throne room covered with snow. Because "Winter is Coming" and all.

Instead, it's ash and dust from the ruins of the city, like Arya ends up covered in at the end of the episode.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Supposedly the Lannisters all make it to the final episode so the collapse may not have finished them off.

That would be stupid. And a waste of a good scene

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
My favorite online comment so far:

Tyrion should now call himself "Tyrion the Tall" as he is the tallest Lannister alive.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
My thoughts.

Cleganebowl was well done and ended as it should have.

Euron was a fun character and even his last line was fun.

I am glad Jaime did not have a fully redemptive arc. He almost got there and then bell back into his old self. Not everyone makes the transition from evil SOB to good person. It was fitting for him to reach Cersei and they die together as they were inextricably linked.

The hound reminded Arya of her humanity. She was well on the path of being a robotic killing machine and the hound showed her the consequences of her path. Her decision to stop and help innocents showed her starting to become a human being again.

I don't like making Dany the mad queen but they have been pushing her in that direction this season. Missandei and then Jon's rejection were the final staws. Emelia Clark's face when Missandei was killed is a master class in acting. Go back and watch the scene.

I don't see how Tyrion survives unless he never sees Dany again. Obviously there will be a showdown with the still standing good guys vs mad Dany. The biggest question in my mind is Drogon. I can't see him allowing Dany to die while he still draws breath except for maybe Jon somehow.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I think Arya goes back home and reconsiders hooking up with Gendry Baratheon.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I think Arya goes back home and reconsiders hooking up with Gendry Baratheon.

If someone other than Dany ends up on the throne, he may not get to keep the last name and title he was granted by Dany. He'd revert back to simply Gendry Waters, the bastard blacksmith, since Dany's legitimization of him likely wouldn't have any effect across the Seven Kingdoms as a whole unless she actually takes the throne. So whichever new monarch would have to follow Dany's lead and formally legitimize him. If it ends up being Jon or someone from Dany's circle, they would be a no-brainer. But if not...

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am glad Jaime did not have a fully redemptive arc. He almost got there and then bell back into his old self. Not everyone makes the transition from evil SOB to good person. It was fitting for him to reach Cersei and they die together as they were inextricably linked.

Once it became apparent that Jamie was not going to kill Cersei and she wasn't going to make it out alive, it made sense for them to die together. However merely embracing and having the building collapse on them left a lot on the table. Once they both knew they were about to die, why not have Jamie say something to the effect of "you should die as a queen, a queen I love" while he takes out his dagger and kills her just before the building collapse.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I thought similar. That they should have been close to capture and knowing what Dany would do to them, have Jaime put a blade through her heart.

Posts: 11165 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I never knew dragon fire was so powerful. It cut thru masonry like a diamond blade.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
I never knew dragon fire was so powerful. It cut thru masonry like a diamond blade.

Historically, the Targaryen dragons easily devastated castles they attacked.

Harrenhal (the ruins where Arya, Gendry, and Hot Pie were held captive by The Mountain and Tywin Lannister back in Season 2) is the most notable example. It was the largest castle in the realm, and was believed to be impregnable, but the walls were destroyed and the towers literally melted by the Targaryen dragons during their conquest of Westeros.

posted Hide Post
I loved that episode. My only gripe would be that a filler episode would have been nice to really set up the "Dany goes crazy" plot line, but whatever. Next weekend will be crazy for sure, all kind of fan theories out there, and allegedly multiple endings were filmed to throw off any leakers.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
The hound reminded Arya of her humanity. She was well on the path of being a robotic killing machine and the hound showed her the consequences of her path. Her decision to stop and help innocents showed her starting to become a human being again.

To me Arya seems to be the primary protagonist all of a sudden, and Jon just a role player. I take the white horse vs. the black horse she rode into King's Landing on, to be a metaphor for her transition from dark to light. I don't dislike it, but it does seem to be at the expense of other arcs. Jon has been of little consequence so far this season.

Regarding Jon, I got the feeling the moment he (finally) told his men to retreat he was realizing he needed to preserve what fighters he could for the sake of taking on Dany. I'm wondering if we're going to see a moment when Dany tells Drogon to Dracar-Jon's-ass, but he doesn't do it.

As far as Tyrian goes, it's hard to see how he can get any redemption for all his bad decisions at this point. He seems destined to a tragic, pointless death, which would a bitter for one of the best characters of the show.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post