SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    First rock concert you ever attended.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First rock concert you ever attended. Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
White Zombie on the Astrocreep 2000 tour in 1995 at Lawrence Joel coliseum in Winston Salem, NC. Best show I ever saw.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
Three Dog Night, 1969 at the Pittsburgh Civic Arena

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Chicago. Early enough that Terry Kath was still alive.

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1978. KISS Alive II Tour. MSG (Madison Square Garden), NYC.

Holy Shit!!

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Not really "rock", but that would be Simon & Garfunkel, or Linda Rondstadt and the Stone Poneys. Both around 1966-1967, in Durham NC.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another one for Motley Crew's Shout at the Devil and Ozzy's Bark at the Moon Tour at the Richfield Coliseum.

For those of you that said Night Ranger, I finally got to see them this past Friday at Ohio's Bike Week. They were F'n Awesome! It is their 35th anniversary tour.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marcushoss:
Another one for Motley Crew's Shout at the Devil and Ozzy's Bark at the Moon Tour at the Richfield Coliseum.

For those of you that said Night Ranger, I finally got to see them this past Friday at Ohio's Bike Week. They were F'n Awesome! It is their 35th anniversary tour.

I saw them play as an opener for a NASCAR race at RIR a few years ago,

I was up in the Bubba Burger Suite, and they latter came thru and chatted with everyone,

nice group of guys

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
First concert I ever saw was Rush with Gary Moore opening up for them, 83"

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Giants Stadium
June 17,1979

Boston,Outlaws,Todd Rundgren & Utopia,Poco

The only love that money can buy is a dog

Posts: 176 | Location: Space Coast Florida | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by specter77:
I went to see Electric Light Orchestra in 1976. Once my girlfriend and I sat down at the concert she informed me that she had to be home by midnight Mad The opening act was the Outlaws and they were great. Then I took her home.

They didn't have public transit?... Wink

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Alice Cooper 72

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
ZZTop in 1975. That was before they started using sequencers and doing dance-beat songs. Don't get me wrong - I'm not talking down the tunes like Legs and such - they were great. But, I always preferred their original sound a bit more, and in 1975, they still had that sound. Even then, in 1975, Billy Gibbons had aftermarket wiring and signal amplifiers installed in his guitars. The tone was omnipresent!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
ZZTop in 1975.

Nice! I saw them at Edmundson Pavilion at University of WA. in December '75. I remember because I got the tickets for an early Christmas present from my girlfriend. Tres Hombres had just come out.
It was a great show, nothing like some Jesus Just Left Chicago to get a crowd goin!
This thread is just bringing back some great memories....

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Jean-Michel Jarre's Rendez-vous Houston, April 5, 1986.
http://www.chron.com/news/hous...60.php#photo-1188882

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was either ZZ Top or INXS. Circa 1984...

Memory is a little hazy from that time period. Wink

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The Who at Forest Hills Tennis Stadium around 1969.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Crosby Stills & Nash fall of 1967. Later on I saw CSN&Y.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Springsteen, Giants Stadium, 1985, Born In USA tour....I was 8 years old.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Who knows? Might have been Chicago. Or Tower of Power. Or War. I know it wasn't Clapton, or Leon Russell, or The J. Geils Band. Couldn't have been Santana, or America, or Peter Frampton.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
^^^^^. You were there too? Man, it was hotter than hell that day. I remember they were cooling us down by spraying the crowd with the fire hoeses.

Yep, it was hot as he'll and I do remember the fire hoses. Unfortunately, the Rubber Bowl is in shambles now Frown

quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Monsters of Rock, 1988. Van Halen, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken & Kingdom Come. I was 14 and that was one hell of a concert!

I wish I could roll back time! That's the stuff dreams are made of!

Yes it was. Being my first concert, I had no idea the magnitude of it all but looking back, that was a monster lineup.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post