SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The texturing on the aluminum frames is gorgeous too. Love my SDP, even if it's 1/3 plastic.

Psalm 144:1

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
My Subcompact from Donna is due to be at my FFL tomorrow and I just got my Onyx shipping notice. Only a week from order. Stoked! Smile

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I picked up my Sphinx Compact Alpha this afternoon. When I got to the house, I broke the pistol down,inspected and lubed it.
I grabbed a almost full box (40 rounds) of IMI 124 gr. FMJ and stepped out in the back yard.
My first impressions of the pistol are very positive. All my shooting was done at 15 yards.
Here are my final 10 shots (at a fairly quick pace) with 2 of the 10 shot double action. I must say this pistol is a real pleasure to shoot and easy for me to shoot well. I'm looking forward to more range time.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
My Subcompact from Donna is due to be at my FFL tomorrow and I just got my Onyx shipping notice. Only a week from order. Stoked! Smile

Don't be surprised when you find the Sub to be tight as hell with a slide release that is near impossible to work (slingshot works well). Just shoot it and it will loosen up.

MP

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
Jupiter,

Very nice all around; pistol and target.

MP

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MusProd:
Jupiter,

MP

Thanks MusProd.
I have a Compact Duotone on order. I'm sure the all steel version will be amazing.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
I have a Compact Duotone on order. I'm sure the all steel version will be amazing.

I have been in contact with Donna about a Compact DuoTone, and she told me she has two coming in and that one is sold. Yours?

MP

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have been in contact with Donna about a Compact DuoTone, and she told me she has two coming in and that one is sold. Yours?

MP

Yes.... It's a Small World my Friend! Wink
Donna is the BEST!

-- George Orwell

posted Hide Post
I finally got my Milt Sparks Versa Max holster for my Compact. It is a perfect fit.

Posts: 640 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: June 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LittleGun:
I finally got my Milt Sparks Versa Max holster for my Compact. It is a perfect fit.

I think the VM-II is the best leather holster made. I have one for my P239.

MP

posted Hide Post
what is the duo tone compact going for from Donna if I may ask?

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Jupiter,

MP

Thanks MusProd.

I've owned and handled many custom 1911s, and you'll find the fit of the rails / frame on these can compare to the custom 1911s. Very tight and well fitted. Don't expect the gun to cycle reliably if you use weak ammo for the first 100 - 200 rounds. Mine coughed several times until about the 150 mark when I was using PMC Bronze. After that, it ate anything that I threw at it. The weight of the gun makes shooting it effortless. Accuracy is superb, as with all the Sphinx handguns. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Cool

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:

Don't be surprised when you find the Sub to be tight as hell with a slide release that is near impossible to work (slingshot works well). Just shoot it and it will loosen up.

MP

Thanks for the heads-up!

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rhart:

I'd be uncomfortable giving out what Donna might consider confidential information. Why not send her an e-mail asking for a quote... DBFlanagansGuns@BellSouth.net

MP

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tundrav84wd:
quote:
quote:
Jupiter,

MP

Thanks MusProd.

I've owned and handled many custom 1911s, and you'll find the fit of the rails / frame on these can compare to the custom 1911s. Very tight and well fitted. Don't expect the gun to cycle reliably if you use weak ammo for the first 100 - 200 rounds. Mine coughed several times until about the 150 mark when I was using PMC Bronze. After that, it ate anything that I threw at it. The weight of the gun makes shooting it effortless. Accuracy is superb, as with all the Sphinx handguns. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Cool

They really are precisely fitted. There is almost no discernible play between the Slide/Frame/Barrel. It feels very solid. I expected no less based on everything I'd heard.
I gave mine a generous amount of lube before I shot it. IMI ammo is definitely hotter than most of the target ammo I see and it functioned flawlessly.
I feel like the pistol is capable of placing shots on top of each other at 15 yards if I did my part. Time will tell as far as reliability but I'm not expecting any problems.
It's everything you described.

-- George Orwell

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rhart:

I'd be uncomfortable giving out what Donna might consider confidential information. Why not send her an e-mail asking for a quote... DBFlanagansGuns@BellSouth.net

MP

+1

Rhart,

I think you'll find her prices very competitive and her service top notch.
There is a reason she is becoming the GOTO dealer for these fine pistols.

-- George Orwell

Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tundrav84wd:
quote:
quote:
Jupiter,

MP

Thanks MusProd.

They really are precisely fitted. There is almost no discernible play between the Slide/Frame/Barrel. It feels very solid. I expected no less based on everything I'd heard.
I gave mine a generous amount of lube before I shot it. IMI ammo is definitely hotter than most of the target ammo I see and it functioned flawlessly.
I feel like the pistol is capable of placing shots on top of each other at 15 yards if I did my part. Time will tell as far as reliability but I'm not expecting any problems.
It's everything you described.

Just to clarify....the Duotone is the one I'm speaking of. The subcompact is a real jewel, and it's tight fitting, but the all stainless duotone takes it to a whole different level. You'll see what I'm talking about when you disassemble it then go to put the slide back on.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rhart:

MP[/QUOTE
Thanks for the contact info

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I have some subcompact mags on the way from Donna who's business practices have impressed. Not only are her prices fair AND competitive but she is detail and customer service oriented. Truly a go to person for Sphinx.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optical Delusion
Picture of BNW
posted Hide Post
I've been trolling this thread all summer, I'm getting the itch. I think I will wait for a larger version for the range as it would be hard to put down my P01. Hoping they come out with a STR. Big Grin

Posts: 2092 | Location: Maine | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post