SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MusProd:
I have a tracking number showing my DuoTone is due at my FFL in 2 days. This being Thursday, Saturday should be a fun day.

MP

I got my tracking number also. Donna doesn't waste any time. It won't be long now my Friend.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Just got in line for the Duo last weekend with Donna...good to hear they are inbound

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thomjb:
Just got in line for the Duo last weekend with Donna...good to hear they are inbound

Congrats to you and seaswol on the Duotones.
I should have mine by Sat.. I'll post a couple of pics when it comes in.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jackson leather makes both OWB and IWB leather holsters for the subCompact

How much the Jackson leather IWB cost? do you know? thanks

Posts: 103 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by syhwig:
quote:
Jackson leather makes both OWB and IWB leather holsters for the subCompact

How much the Jackson leather IWB cost? do you know? thanks

"my holsters are NOT watermolded! They come tight and will loosen with use. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!

They are also oiled and soft!"

This is formation is quoting an e-mail from John Jackson when I asked him how his holsters compared to a Milt Sparks VM-II.

MP

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Jackson IWB is $93 shipped.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sickafance
Picture of mikencP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WVsigP228:
quote:
I've had a sub compact on order for over a month. My LGS has been telling me that Sphinx has been running a large contract for military/police and won't ship additional subcompact units until the contract has been fulfilled.

I do not know if this is true or not but I can tell you from first hand knowledge that the sub-compact has had teething issues. I have seen reports of quiet a few going back to the factory due to the gun locking up with multiple brands of ammo.

Mine went back and had the barrel, slide lock, guide rod and the pivot pin. They also replaced the rear sight for me which had a tooling mark. The customer service side was great. IIRC it was door to door with a call tag paid for by them in 15 days.

It would not surprise me if some of the parts for the subcompact are a bit too tight and cause the pistol to be out of spec. This could have delayed shipping on more sub-compacts but that is all speculation.

Since mine has returned it has been 100%. It is dead on accurate and came back from Kriss with a DA pull that is 8lbs 13oz avg of 5 pulls and the SA is 4lbs 12ozs again avg of 5 pulls. IT is super slick! Need about another 500 round out of it and it will go onto my belt.

One thing I have noticed about holsters for the compact and the subcompact. All of the holsters I have tried that fit the compact also fit the sub-compact perfectly. I have a Bravo Concealment Kydek OWB, Safariland Kydek and a Milt Sparks VMII. The sub compact rides a little short but it is snug and I would not think twice about using it in a compact holster.

Mine finally arrived this past Wednesday. No teething issues here. Probably put about 400 rounds down range so far, FMJ and JHP both. No issues at all. Loving it. My wife now gets her 938 back.

-----------------------
No confíe en esta administración el mal!

Posts: 7476 | Location: Triangle @ 760 | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My SDP subcompact arrived last week, and over the weekend I try to strip it down and took a look. Something about it bothers me. Under side of its slide has some scratch mark, and its barrel some marks on it too. Here are pictures I took. Does it looks like a Factory new pistol?

Posts: 103 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Others will know more, but I think that is normal from the barrel locking in the slide when racked or test fired. All my Sigs and HK's show that also.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

posted Hide Post
I am told by the dealer I purchase it from that each Sphinx new pistol is tested fire with 4 magazines. Still this amount of marks is too much to me, although I don't have any other new pistol pictures to compare to

Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
I picked up my DuoTone Compact from my FFL today, Labor Day.

It looks like a piece of sculpture.

Then I found:
1) The magazines would not lock in place
2) With a mag in, the slide would not lock back
3) With a snap cap loaded into the mag, it would not chamber when the slide was released.

On closer look the problem was that they packed Subcompact mags with my Compact pistol. A really easy answer, but dumb error.

Donna and I have already exchanged e-mails, and she's on it now. I'll be traveling for several days, and I wouldn't have been able to shoot the pistol in any case. Hopefully all will be resolved by the time I return.

MP

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
My SDP subcompact arrived last week, and over the weekend I try to strip it down and took a look. Something about it bothers me. Under side of its slide has some scratch mark, and its barrel some marks on it too. Here are pictures I took. Does it looks like a Factory new pistol?

I just field stripped my brand new DuoTone Compact, and the barrel and slide look nearly identical to your posted pictures.

I wouldn't be at all concerned.

I hope you enjoy your Sub as much as I enjoy my Sub. I wouldn't have purchased a another Sphinx if I had any quality questions (expect them packing the wrong mags Smile ).

MP

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:

Then I found:
3) With a snap cap loaded into the mag, it would not chamber when the slide was released.

On closer look the problem was that they packed Subcompact mags with my Compact pistol. A really easy answer, but dumb error.

Donna and I have already exchanged e-mails, and she's on it now. I'll be traveling for several days, and I wouldn't have been able to shoot the pistol in any case. Hopefully all will be resolved by the time I return.

MP

How many magazines shipped with your pistol, MusProd? I ordered my Compact Alpha from Bud's before I realized how awesome Donna is. It only shipped with 2. I've watched a few YouTube reviews where they said it ships with 3.

I was not able to pick up my Duotone because my FFL was closed over the Labor Day weekend. I ordered 5 extra Compact magazines.

-- George Orwell

Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:

Then I found:

MP

How many magazines shipped with your pistol, MusProd? I ordered my Compact Alpha from Bud's before I realized how awesome Donna is. It only shipped with 2. I've watched a few YouTube reviews where they said it ships with 3.

I was not able to pick up my Duotone because my FFL was closed over the Labor Day weekend. I ordered 5 extra Compact magazines.

It shipped with 2 as did my Sub. I did not order any extra mags with this DuoTone.

MP

Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am told by the dealer I purchase it from that each Sphinx new pistol is tested fire with 4 magazines. Still this amount of marks is too much to me, although I don't have any other new pistol pictures to compare to

Yes, they are test fired. Not out of the ordinary wear marks. As thomjb pointed out, it's not an unusual thing comparing to other guns. Please keep in mind these guns have tighter manufacturing tolerances. I think you'll enjoy your gun. Let us know how it does when you take it out.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just field stripped my brand new DuoTone Compact, and the barrel and slide look nearly identical to your posted pictures.

I wouldn't be at all concerned.

I hope you enjoy your Sub as much as I enjoy my Sub. I wouldn't have purchased a another Sphinx if I had any quality questions (expect them packing the wrong mags Smile ).

MP

Thank you for helping me ease my mind. This subcompact has lots of good things going for it so far, I got a little too exited. Can't wait to go out to test it.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Looks just like my Compact. I've dry racked it numerous times (25+) and still have not fired it and has wear marks on barrel, top of hood, and bottom of slide similar to wear I have on my sigs after 500 rounds.

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
quote:

Then I found:

MP

Glad to Report this morning that I talked to Kriss/Sphinx -- and they advised they will be sending a return label for the wrong mags that were in the duotone box -- and sending him the correct ones!
Usually we would catch this sort of thing -- but with minimum handling of any firearms here ---
(I don't like my personal firearms handled too much)
We plain missed it. Frown

Our Sales Rept is a really good guy and jumped right on it. Big Grin

I also asked about the Defiance sights for the SPHINX guns and was advised -- there is NO ETA for these.

If and when I get any new info -- I will pass this along.

Thanks Guys!

Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tundrav84wd:
I was curious as to what Donna thought now that she handled the duotone.

Hey Guys!
Sorry - it has been crazy here!
We had the week leading up to "Mississippi's 2nd Amendment - Tax Free Weekend" and it carried right thru Sunday!
Not to mention my first Shipment from Kriss-USA /Sphinx Direct!

Well .. remember -- I am a Female so my views are leaning that way.
I have always loved "Black" guns.
Never been much on Two-tones and night-sights.
Just Me .....I guess.

The Duotone is Absolutely Gorgeous!
As already noted -- not a very light gun but -- knowing that going in.
It is a real beauty!
I am not good with technical breakdowns -- but hubby ran a list of things on the gun that were outstanding.
Because we do not Tear one down or rack the slide
when they come in... I cannot speak directly to that part.

We had one friend who ordered the compact in Grey Wolf.
As already noted -- being a "black gun" person .. I cringed when I ordered the Grey one for him. Eek
Upon the arrival on Friday -- I fell in love! Eek
I would go so far as to say -- If I could afford one -- I personally would order the Grey wolf model. Smile

It is my understanding that this model is a special run -- and would not be offered all the time. Frown

The tolerances on the Sphinx guns has seemed amazing. They are TIGHT.

I had the one customer pick up a compact and another one with the wolf Grey Compact --- that actually broke them down while here picking up.
From the factory ----- hubby noticed that the barrel had been throated and polished and so had the feed ramp and glide rail.
It had zero vertical or horizontal play ...
but still in spite of that fact -- you can tell it was hand fitted because it felt like it was running on smooth glass or ball bearings.

That is exceptional for a factory gun --- almost like a semi-custom pistol.

On the guns that our customer broke down -- when trying the triggers -- they broke clean -No Creep --
Did not think to use our trigger gauge to check the poundage -- before they took them home.

Really great pistols from any stand point!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I am not more technical --- but am well pleased with the pistols we are seeing come thru.

Gonna start saving up to buy "Donna" one.
Hope they have a Grey Wolf model left --- when I get my funds gathered up.

Thanks to all!
Most Sincerely,
Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
As Donna has posted, a Sphinx rep has been in contact with me. He will be sending directly to me 2 correct mags along with a shipping label with which to return the 2 incorrect mags.

A really dumb error on their part, but super customer service to correct it.

MP