SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your favorite non-1911 45?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite non-1911 45? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I started this thread last year. Just to follow-up, I purchased a plain-Jane P220R and couldn't be happier.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Nightstand - P220ST with TLR

Exactly my choice. I've realized I'm setting my wife and her tiny hands up for failure on grabbing that in a panic if I'm away tho, and may need a second option right next to it.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
My P220 Langdon.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16516 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either a P220 or a HK45c would get my vote. I have both and would be hard pressed to choose between them.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats 4x5 on the P220R!!! Won't be your last!
My first P220 came in 94, then another in 98, then the LTT custom P220ST, then a Langdon P220ST, and finally my P220 Carry SAS! Sorry no pics...
Love and shoot them all but the Carry SAS is my primary, unless on official duty.
My EDC come retirement!

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say my '95 P220, although my latest two tone acquisition is a close second...

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PennSig
posted Hide Post
HK USP Fullsize - 12 with 1 in the pipe.

George Washington did what was right. Now it is our time to do the same. Restore the Republic!

Posts: 806 | Registered: October 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
Now that I have swapped out the magazine springs, in the P227 (14 rounders).I have again made friends with my P227 Nitron Carry.
I used the Para Ord. 14 rd. Springs ,from Brownells , cuz I needed the 3 pack anyway.
There is less love for the P227, than I would have first thought. Only 10 round standard, and not that different than P220. ¿ Any other reasons ?

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 183 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like my KF P220 and P220BR, the CZ97 is a close second.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ScubaSig
posted Hide Post
My S&W 4516 is a pleasure to shoot and accurate very accurate.

Posts: 724 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plain Glock 30sf with 3.5 lb connector.

Conceals well, shoots well, etc., etc.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
S&W Performance Center Shield .45

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've chosen a Glock 41. Most of the time it has a TLR-2 installed.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
I like my ole P245 just fine.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Still at #1: PPQ 45

...with a bullit!

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
In a "non 1911 platform" I only have a couple of .45 Cal guns ... (2) West German P220's, and a .45 Shield. And I love them all.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 227, WG P220, G21, and a 4586. I prefer my 1911s. Probably the 220 next.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK USP Compact

Posts: 50 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
My HK USP45 Tactical LE.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post