SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your favorite non-1911 45?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite non-1911 45? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Late 80s-early 90s Sig P220?

Ruger P345. Always think of it as a sleeper.

ASAI OnePro .45. Big problem=parts. Quite a few find the trigger problematic.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Probably my "One of 75" Sig Custom Shop P245:

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
This is probably my favorite non-1911 .45 ACP

Very nice! What model is that?

It's a S&W Model 625 customized by Kent Miller.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SVTNate:
I really like my 4506, I love my Mk. 23, and I just bought a new and unfired S&W 945 Performance Center Lew Horton from the late 80's-early 90's with box/papers/mags/etc. I'm curious to ruin the collector value and see how it shoots!

The 945 shoots outstanding, just as nice has my higher end 1911s (Wilson, Ed Brown, Les Baer, etc.)

Sigs
S&Ws
Walthers
H&Ks
and a few others

Posts: 399 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Wait, wut? There are 45 ACP pistols that aren't 1911s? I may have to check into this fad..... Cool

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
DAO? How much weight did they get the trigger down to?

quote:

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
Another P90 fan here. Back in the day I WORE ONE OUT. And trust me, that ain't easy to do. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The 945 is an awesome instrument, you won't be sorry..
quote:
Originally posted by SVTNate:
I really like my 4506, I love my Mk. 23, and I just bought a new and unfired S&W 945 Performance Center Lew Horton from the late 80's-early 90's with box/papers/mags/etc. I'm curious to ruin the collector value and see how it shoots!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
P220 Equinox carry. Love it. 2nd choice on a non 1911 would be the Glock 21, gen 4.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
Any old school 220, HK 45C, and Smith and Wesson 457. The 457 was a neat pistol. It carried light and shot easy for a lightweight .45

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
DAO? How much weight did they get the trigger down to?

quote:

It's still DA/SA, but with the hammer bobbed so it won't snag on anything, for practical purposes it's DAO.

I bought it used and I don't have a trigger scale, so I don't know what the actual trigger weight is.
To guess, it's about half of what a standard S&W revolver from 20 years ago would be.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I like my 30S, or the slim 36FGR

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chem Geek
posted Hide Post
I need to take some better pictures, but this is definitely my favorite .45, if not my favorite gun overall at the moment. It's one of those contract over run P220 Carry SAO from a while back. Essentially the Carry Elite SAO, without front slide serrations. I missed them when they first came out, and finally got one from a member on here a little while ago. Really glad I did. Smile

Model # 220BR3-45-BSS-SAO

Just put new sights on it, Ameriglo Hackathorn setup, though I had to order the sights individually to get the #6/#8. Now I'm just trying to decide between Hogue G10 grips or Nill grips to finish it out.

When life closes a door, open it. It's a door. That's how they work.

Posts: 2451 | Location: Riverview, FL | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Glock 30s

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KPSquared
posted Hide Post

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 805 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
I had a chance to inspect the 945 on Friday. I bought it sight unseen due to the rarity of one in cA, let alone NIB condition.

It's an incredibly nice pistol. The factory metal Performance Center case is also in new condition, 3 mags, trigger lock still in the wrapper.

I field stripped it... the bushing isn't too difficult to figure out.

I'll get to shoot it in a couple of weeks.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I just sold my only 1911, and now find myself looking to replace it with another 45 that *isn't* a 1911. I'm considering some variant of a Sig P220, but would like to hear what else is out there that I should consider. I've handled an HK45, and while nice, it was a little too big for me.

Other than the 220 my favorite owned .45 was the H&K .45 USP Compact.
I also had the full size H&K .45 USP at the same time but much preferred the Compact to it and shot it much better.

Posts: 36 | Registered: January 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
What's your favorite non-1911 45?

The tank, Ruger P90.

That's mine to KP90DC. It can hit quarters at 7 yards all day long.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 MSE, followed by a standard P227.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
glock 30S

Posts: 5596 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post