SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your favorite non-1911 45?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite non-1911 45? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Kriss SBR Smile

After that, X6. But I have no idea why the recoil spring is so damn heavy in that thing.

I have a P220 Carry SAO I'm pretty fond of too....

I like the HKs, but I still prefer all-metal guns if I'm not carrying them all day.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 41. The slide is narrower than the G21. Mine is a nice shooter.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
Walther PPQ

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Mine is the HK-45c, 'Lite LEM' trigger.

Posts: 6161 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
P220ST
Followed, in no particular order: HK45, USP45C.
Then a good bit lower, XD45 & Glock, just don't shoot them as naturally as the Sig & HK & would put a 1911 above those 2.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Favorite is the FN-45 Tactical.

Posts: 1 | Location: Southeastern Pennsylvania | Registered: April 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by poppag:
My Favorite is the FN-45 Tactical.

Kind of you to join us, after 3 years of lurking. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger P90 , until Ruger makes a GP100 in .45acp

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54642 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W 4506

Posts: 2059 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
I really like my 4506, I love my Mk. 23, and I just bought a new and unfired S&W 945 Performance Center Lew Horton from the late 80's-early 90's with box/papers/mags/etc. I'm curious to ruin the collector value and see how it shoots!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220, MK23 and MK24

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our gen 3 Glock G21 is our pick, although it is too large for us to conveniently carry. The best shooting non 1911A1 we own is our CZ 97B. These are relatively rare and tend to be pricey. Also much too large and heavy to conveniently carry. We also own a P320C in .45 that is a good shooter. Recommend you try one of these before you make a final decision.

We trudge on.

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
It is hard to pick a favorite as I love all things 45 and there are so many. So here are the ones that I have photographed. I will start with the obvious . . . The SIGs

45s are like Lay's potato chips, you always want more than one

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W 25-2

Posts: 56 | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
This is probably my favorite non-1911 .45 ACP

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I like my P220 and P227 a lot, buy my favorites would be my 3rd Generation S&W .45's.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
S&W 4506, for gettin' on my inner Sonny Crocket...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TexasRaider,

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
For you 4506 guys, you can mail your slide to Trijicon and they'll install a fresh set of sights for you at a very reasonable price!

I bought mine a year or two ago, no box or papers, but with extra mags in great condition. The factory night sights were toast.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
This is probably my favorite non-1911 .45 ACP

Very nice! What model is that?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post