SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I was given a glock recently. I have owned Glocks for 16+ years. Sigs come and go but the Glocks just hang around.

However, my family and I were invited to a friends celebration of his doctorate. At the party he gave an emotional speech and gifted me a G23 with five mags. (the three it ships with and two G22 mags)

I carry this Glock with me daily now and it is bar none my favorite handgun.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugarwater:
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:

I am trying to like Glocks, but they just do not fit me well. I could get a free Glock or XD/XDm right now, but I really cannot warm up enough to either to "pull the trigger" on that deal.

"Free"? Then what is the hold up. Get it, try it out and then if you don't like the feel then sell it off. I was "anti" Glock (not really anti, I just had no interest) until the Gen4 came out. At that point it changed the feel for me. Do I still like Sig more? Yes. But Glocks are great tools and toys for gun fans. Again, you said "free", so give it a try. You will probably end up enjoying it.

I went back to the gunshop yesterday with the intent to pick up either a G20 or G21. None in stock. Maybe next week...

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The reason for the angle on the grip is because the Glock is square on the back, square on the front, flat on both sides and flat on top. People weren't sure which end of the thing the round came out of.. Big Grin With all the issues caused by the grip angle, you now can get devious and tactical slide rear covers so you know how to orient the thing. Big Grin

Seriously, I think the 10mm round is best for hunting and especially sinse you are likely after deer. I wouldn't rule out the new 41 long slide as with the extra barrel length, you will gain just a bit in velocity and some of the 45 Auto loads in lighter bullet weights all ready give more speed. Plus you get the nice longer sight radius. A bit narrower slide too.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SHOOT
posted Hide Post
Want another .357Sig and looked at the 32 Gen 4 the other day. Don't mind the grip anymore. So, I'll probably add a Glock to my collection. I'm no hickok45 but like the way he makes things explode with his Smile.

I don't think you boy's understand how serious this is . . . they killed my dog!

Posts: 917 | Registered: August 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Hope it is ok to post this here, if not, mods please delete.
But I know my target following can be found here..

I have an extra Vickers floor (base) plate for a Glock 42.
I bought an extra mag for my 42 and only needed one, yet they come two to a package.

If anyone here can use it, I'm mail it to you for free.
First 'I'll take it' gets it, just email me your address.
If you find it doesn't fit your needs, please pass it on.
My email is in my profile.

The plate looks like this on the G42...

Thank you....1LL

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1lowlife,

If it's not already spoken for, I would like that extra floor plate. Just got a Glock G42 2 days ago, and haen't even got out to the range with it yet.

Thanks,

Will

Posts: 81 | Location: The First State | Registered: November 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will S:
1lowlife,

If it's not already spoken for, I would like that extra floor plate. Just got a Glock G42 2 days ago, and haen't even got out to the range with it yet.

Thanks,

Vickers base goes to Will S.

Email sent..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys, there is no transacting of business outside of Classifieds. Just a reminder.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Guys, there is no transacting of business outside of Classifieds. Just a reminder.

Oops, sorry..
I knew my Glocken brothers frequented here.

Point taken and will be respectfully abided by in the future.....

Thanks Para..

posted Hide Post
Thanks parabellum. Probably never thought of it that way, as it was offered free to first reply, (Thank you sir); thought it was a Karma giveaway.

Will

Posts: 81 | Location: The First State | Registered: November 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Photobucket won't let me save this pic after I rotated it 6 times. PITA!

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SHOOT
posted Hide Post
Well, I crossed over for a minute and did buy a Glock (ha). Ordered a 32 Gen 4 and it came in early. I picked it up Wed. and I have to say it feels pretty good. My Glock .40 barrel was delayed by UPS and will be here on Monday. Really can't wait to compare it to my 229 Elite Dark .357.

I don't think you boy's understand how serious this is . . . they killed my dog!

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOT:
Well, I crossed over for a minute and did buy a Glock (ha). Ordered a 32 Gen 4 and it came in early. I picked it up Wed. and I have to say it feels pretty good. My Glock .40 barrel was delayed by UPS and will be here on Monday. Really can't wait to compare it to my 229 Elite Dark .357.

Apples and Oranges. Both are great fruit, but so different you can't really compare them.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SHOOT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:

Apples and Oranges. Both are great fruit, but so different you can't really compare them.

I'll mix it up and have fruit salad. For my purpose anyway, can't wait.

Picture of SHOOT
posted Hide Post
Here's the "proof" pics . . .

and with one of my new Sigs, a 229 Dark Elite .357/.40 . . .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SHOOT,

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
G 31 and 32 are among my favorite Glocks. Howz come you got 9 mike mike ammo with your .357?

Picture of SHOOT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
G 31 and 32 are among my favorite Glocks. Howz come you got 9 mike mike ammo with your .357?

* already corrected w/.357 ammo. Lol, DL. I shot a few other pics of some of my other pistols and didn't change the ammo out. Good eye.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SHOOT,

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It's a great pistol SHOOT. My one Glock was a large frame in 45 Auto and with 2 different brands of ball ammo it was more accurate than my USP Expert. Kind of hard to say 2 brands as one was old 1968 Olin GI ammo.

I really like the 357 Sig round. Cant wait to check out a Glock with those interchangeable back straps too.

Did your G32 come with some sort of beaver tail back straps?

Picture of SHOOT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
It's a great pistol SHOOT. My one Glock was a large frame in 45 Auto and with 2 different brands of ball ammo it was more accurate than my USP Expert. Kind of hard to say 2 brands as one was old 1968 Olin GI ammo.

I really like the 357 Sig round. Cant wait to check out a Glock with those interchangeable back straps too.

Did your G32 come with some sort of beaver tail back straps?

No, don't believe so. These are the backstraps . . .

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, don't believe so. These are the backstraps . . .

The two on the bottom are what he was referring to..
They are beaver tail-esque... Wink