SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacksport:
quote:
Originally posted by giz55792:
How are Glocks too dangerous to carry with a round in the chamber?

Let me think...touch the trigger and the gun goes boom...that little trigger safety isn't much of a safety...and the gun's cocked all the time, don't really like that...oh, and how do you "de-cock" it? (1) remove mag (2) carefully pull slide back to expel chambered round (3) pull the trigger to drop the hammer...I guess some people might chamber a snap-cap to drop the hammer, I don't know (4) pick up the round that fell on the floor and re-insert it into the magazine...

Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels this way; do not google this: "Why I hate Glocks"...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Are you saying an Eagle is gonna land, snatch your fucking ass, and carry you off? Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glocks are too dangerous to carry with a chambered round

Huh, say what? I've seen a lot of professionals in dangerous places carrying Glocks. I hope someone is going to tell them about this important news!

Oh, and I've been holding off on a G19 for years, going strong. Someday it will come.

Posts: 3532 | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let me think...touch the trigger and the gun goes boom...that little trigger safety isn't much of a safety...and the gun's cocked all the time, don't really like that...oh, and how do you "de-cock" it? (1) remove mag (2) carefully pull slide back to expel chambered round (3) pull the trigger to drop the hammer...I guess some people might chamber a snap-cap to drop the hammer, I don't know (4) pick up the round that fell on the floor and re-insert it into the magazine...

Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels this way; do not google this: "Why I hate Glocks"...

Not to pile on, but you are have missed the mark for another reason. Glocks are not "cocked" all the time. The slide being cycled only partially sets the striker and the initial trigger pull provides the remaining tension before releasing the striker. You see with a striker fired weapon there is no "cocked", "half cocked", or "de-cocked". It is a different design and folks who talk of cocked Glocks simply display ignorance.

Your 4-step process describes unloading a Glock and, not surprisingly, is the same method employed to unload most other guns as well.

I'll also point out that this really should just be a 3-step process as your step 3 is unnecessary as there is no "hammer" to drop in a striker fired weapon. You are merely activating the striker, just as you would cycle the hammer of your P226 if you decided to pull its trigger after unloading and clearing the gun.

The only time one needs to pull the trigger on a Glock is to fire it or to disassemble it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

The only time one needs to pull the trigger on a Glock is to fire it or to disassemble it.

+ 1.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .45ACP
posted Hide Post
quote:
...that little trigger safety isn't much of a safety...

There always seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about the Glock bladed trigger safety and what it is supposed to do. Between the internal safety components employed in the Glock there should be only one way possible for the glock to fire, by the rearward movement of the trigger. The trigger safety ensures that it is a finger or other object inside the trigger guard pulling on (pushing against) the trigger itself that moves it rearward to fire, not inertia (from a fall) or an internal failure (highly unlikely) that could otherwise pull the trigger bar and fire the gun.

It is not there to prevent anyone from accidentally pulling the trigger. I'm no glock fan boy but one thing I do appreciate about it's design is the safety measures used and not used in it. It will not fire on it's own under any reasonable circumstances short of dropping it in a running deep fryer and assumes the user to follow proper firearm handling: finger not inside the trigger guard until the muzzle is pointed in the direction you are intending to fire in.

Posts: 1913 | Location: CO | Registered: March 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was completely wrong in stating that the Glock is not a safe pistol in the "chambered" position...as Glock owners know, it's not just the trigger safety lever, but also the striker safety, and the fact that the rear of the trigger bar cannot drop into position to release the sear until the trigger is pulled, that makes the Glock incredibly safe.

Note to 911Boss: I understand the difference between a striker and a hammer setup, unfortunately, I used an improper explanation to make my point. Glock has done wonders with the striker setup, most importantly using the slide action to "half-cock" the striker spring, which greatly reduces the trigger pull, a huge improvement over early striker pistols which were cocked entirely with the trigger pull. In the 23 years I owned my Glock, I played around with different strikers, finally settling on Zev's stainless striker, which along with Fulcrum's aluminum adjustable trigger, made for a very decent trigger pull.

I am a certified Glock-lover, make no mistake, even if I prefer an exposed hammer, and I apologize for insinuating the Glock is unsafe to carry. As a few posts in this thread have reminded me, it's as safe as you make it...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blacksport,

Posts: 15 | Location: Ft Lauderdale | Registered: July 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Imbue your posts with the same candor you demonstrate in this last post of yours, and you'll be fine, and welcomed.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Cheers, John. The only thing I feel a need to point out that hasn't been touched on is that for any carry pistol, a proper holster in good condition is absolutely a must. It's hard to accidentally discharge most any modern carry handgun while it's fully seated in a holster that blocks all access to the trigger, regardless of the manual of arms. As you say, it's as safe as you make it. Smile

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You need a worn-in gen 1 17. Problem solved.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blacksport:

Not to pile on, but you are have missed the mark for another reason. Glocks are not "cocked" all the time. The slide being cycled only partially sets the striker and the initial trigger pull provides the remaining tension before releasing the striker. You see with a striker fired weapon there is no "cocked", "half cocked", or "de-cocked". It is a different design and folks who talk of cocked Glocks simply display ignorance.

Your 4-step process describes unloading a Glock and, not surprisingly, is the same method employed to unload most other guns as well.

I'll also point out that this really should just be a 3-step process as your step 3 is unnecessary as there is no "hammer" to drop in a striker fired weapon. You are merely activating the striker, just as you would cycle the hammer of your P226 if you decided to pull its trigger after unloading and clearing the gun.

The only time one needs to pull the trigger on a {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs34 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
}Glock is to fire it or to disassemble it.[

Good points, wouldn't the P7 be a true decocked striker? MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just purchased Glock number 2 tonight (online). I've had the Gen 4 model 19 for a few years, then decided to go for the .45 acp model 21 for the house/sometimes carry gun.

So, who loves their 21?

Harold B
----------------------
"God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal."

Posts: 1009 | Location: Pacific NW - USA | Registered: November 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harold B:
Just purchased Glock number 2 tonight (online). I've had the Gen 4 model 19 for a few years, then decided to go for the .45 acp model 21 for the house/sometimes carry gun.

So, who loves their 21?

I actually shoot my G21 best out of all the Glocks I own...
Followed by the G26...

Ended up sending the slide and barrel to CCR for CPII...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at a store over the weekend that had both gen3 and gen4 23's. I was surprised at the difference in feeling of the two.The 4 really felt much better to me.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Finally Found an OD 26 new.
Can't wait to add it to my permit...
It replaces my HKP2000 LEM.

Nothing to do but practice a bit... load and carry... I don't need to change a thing...
While I like the G19 G17 G21 G36 my Colt- Sigs etc...
I truly think for me the G26 is the best pistol period. Weight Capacity Size is hard to beat.
I shoot it best or at least as well as any including larger handguns and it's easy to carry.
Reliable as a Hammer... and as easy to maintain...

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:

Nothing to do but practice a bit... load and carry... I don't need to change a thing...
I truly think for me the G26 is the best pistol period. Weight Capacity Size is hard to beat.
I shoot it best or at least as well as any including larger handguns and it's easy to carry.

OMG...
Replacing an HK with a Glock... Eek
That ought to get the haters riled up..
Looks very nice... Big Grin

You'll still end up with a G33 one of these days.. Wink

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
If you carry in a Glock condition 3, you have two empty chambers.

One in the weapon... the other between your ears.

Hammer down over an empty chamber requires two hands to bring it into action.

Not only that. It is also a wonderful opportunity for a self-induced malfunction/jam while attempting to chamber a round under extreme stress. Applies equally to squeamish 1911 owners as well.

So...it requires two hands and runs the risk of a malfunction. What's not to like about this? Roll Eyes

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zenmeister
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
You need a worn-in gen 1 17. Problem solved.

I just picked up a Gen 2 G17 with 2 mags for $418.00. The gun in in excellent condition overall with very moderate wear.

Posts: 5609 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

You'll still end up with a G33 one of these days.. Wink

Perhaps Wink I do love the 357sig in my 239.
The 26 is so darn good though... recoil recovery and one handed shooting gave it the NOD... for me..

Zenmeister.... Nice buy... Gen2 always a favorite. good price $418...

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:

I like it Ranger20. I believe I'm going this route. Do you not even change sights?

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post