SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Purchased a new Blue Label Gen 4 G30 today...Went straight from store to range, 300 rounds down range with no issues. Love it! Oh yeah, have a new G42 as well, 275 rounds down range with it, zero issues.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will, I will, just picked up a gently used Gen4 G21.

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I picked these up last week. A new G19 and a new G42. The G19 will be my IDPA gun and a backup to my carry G19, and the G42 makes a perfect BUG in my pocket.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gandog56:
Maybe I won't get a Glock...

Find me a 1911 that shrugs off my acid sweat like my Glocks do and I'll proudly carry it.

Actually, I have to retract that. Twice the capacity at half the weight still wins me over. I think I'll opt for the capacity over stroking my ego's tadger.

It's like carrying a dead-blow mallet in my waistband as opposed to carrying a Knights of Columbus sword on my hip. Enjoy your status symbol. Big Grin

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And this, too,
shall pass away
Picture of Drifting Fate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gandog56:
Maybe I won't get a Glock...

I've owned over 20 1911's, various makes and models, but mostly steel frame 5" models, often customized by the best 'smiths in the business.

I've also owned and traded off a number of Glocks, but I keep coming back to them. It's really a matter of 1911/heroine-like addiction, and Glock is the methadone.

Now, two Glocks grace the safe, with three more on the lust list.

Nothing against 1911's, but I got tired of working on them and sending gunsmith's kids through college.

You'll buy a Glock. You just have to hit 1911 rock bottom, like any addict.

Posts: 3679 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I bought my first Glock (19 gen 4) and started shooting it some months ago, I've begun to think that I'll get rid of my SIG P220 compact and get a gen4 Glock 30. After all those years of saying NEVER, I find myself wanting more Glocks...I never thought I'd feel this way.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
Since I bought my first Glock (19 gen 4) and started shooting it some months ago, I've begun to think that I'll get rid of my SIG P220 compact and get a gen4 Glock 30. After all those years of saying NEVER, I find myself wanting more Glocks...I never thought I'd feel this way.

Big Grin

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah, baby.. party on

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Showed the G42 to my wife at my LGS (Spectre) and she loved it.

Got a good deal from Sid the owner.

Cant wait to get them both to the range.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just make sure the short grip on the G30 works for you. I was interested in them until I actually handled one. Bottom of grip (rear) hit me in the wrong part of the palm.

Had a similar issue with a Colt OM, which I eventually sold. It pivoted off a bone in my palm. Grip sensitive. G30 hit me in the same spot. Also, many find the front of the mag pinches their pinky between it and the front of the grip. Why in hell they didn't just make the grip a little longer is beyond me.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nipper
Thanks for the thought. I have handled the G30 gen4 and find the fit acceptable. If my LGS had one in stock, I'd have one today. As it is, I'll have to wait a week.

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nipper
Thanks for the thought. I have handled the G30 gen4 and find the fit acceptable. If my LGS had one in stock, I'd have one today. As it is, I'll have to wait a week.

I'd certainly handle a G30S before buying a G30.
Although there is no Gen 4 G30S yet.. Frown
Not sure why that is....

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I am wrong, but I think a G30S is a G30SF frame with a G35 slide (narrower and a few ounces lighter than the standard slide). A bare Gen4 G30 frame is the same size/profile as a G30SF with different grip texture. Am I close?

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps I am wrong, but I think a G30S is a G30SF frame with a G35 slide (narrower and a few ounces lighter than the standard slide). A bare Gen4 G30 frame is the same size/profile as a G30SF with different grip texture. Am I close?

Yes you're close.
G30S is a G30SF frame with a G36 slide.
G30 has the wider and heavier slide then the G36 or the G30S.

You can buy a Gen 4 G30, but it will still have the thick and heavy G30 slide...
I'm guessing Glock will release a G30S with a Gen 4 frame, but not sure when that will be..

G30S will fit into most G17 or G19 holsters, the G30 will not due to the wider slide.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah...G36 not G35....so many numbers. I'm fairly new and still learning. Thanks.

How much recoil difference is there between the 30S and the 30SF?

I did handle the 30SF again at my LGS yesterday but I went with G30 gen4 because I prefer it's grip texture and need to add one of the backstraps to produce the proper fit for my hand.

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I still haven't bought a Glock...no future plans either.

But never say never, I suppose.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, why are you hanging around the bath house?

Posts: 107594 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Wow, I never realized the G30 was that much wider that the 30s.

The 30 SF would be my choice when and if I decide on another Glock, noting that it 's a better fit for the "average" size hand, where as the 30S seems to be suited more for the large handed shooters.

Tried it on many times, but could never really warm up to the single stack G36.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I still haven't bought a Glock...no future plans either.

But never say never, I suppose.

I'm really glad I picked up a G23. If you have an extra $500, you should consider one...it will really help you appreciate your SigsSmile

Posts: 142 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veni,vidi,Vici
Picture of Campusninja
posted Hide Post

glock 30s

Posts: 1260 | Location: Michigan | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post