SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder.
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder. Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Just put 20 rounds through the Gen 5 19. The grip is kinda slippery. It needs stippling. The trigger might be minutely better. Otherwise it's a Glock.

10 yard group. Not that great for me. One flyer that hit low.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like I won't be a beta tester for you guys; no Gen 5 models at the dealer I stopped at today. He did have G19s in Gen. 3 and 4, I brought home one of the Gen. 4s.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
My dealer was charging $629....yeah no thanks

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
I already talked with my LE dealer basic one still 399.99. (3 mags no nite sights)

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
My dealer was charging $629....yeah no thanks

$100 more than I paid for my Gen.4 today.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
West Coast Armory is the LGS that's having the local Gen5 launch party. Since I'm working today I might stop by later in the evening. Or maybe not. Frankly aside from the lack of finger grooves, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot to get excited about. I do LIKE that there's no thumb safety, though. Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like the MHS is going to also be released

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...gn=Weekly+Newsletter

posted Hide Post
Shot the 19 and 17 G5 today.
616.55 at my LGS in SC. Thought overall the 17 felt better than the 19 in my hands.

Would definitely want to shoot it more before plopping down the cash for it.

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Hey Dusty, do you have a Safariland ALS holster that you might try it in?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

No sorry I don't. That's not my gun either it was a loaner from the range. What are you concerns? It looks like it should fit standard Glock 19 holsters.

posted Hide Post
I had a chance to try out the 17 at Saddle River Range in Conroe, TX. I like the new generation and came prepared to purchase until I found out the price... $650 plus tax. They certainly have a right to charge what they want and I can spend my money with businesses who don't gouge, especially with Harvey onshore.

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel96:
I had a chance to try out the 17 at Saddle River Range in Conroe, TX. I like the new generation and came prepared to purchase until I found out the price... $650 plus tax. They certainly have a right to charge what they want and I can spend my money with businesses who don't gouge, especially with Harvey onshore.

The pre-orders I have seen online have been in the $560 neighborhood so these dealers charging $600+ are just trying to capatilize on a hot new gun.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Just put 20 rounds through the Gen 5 19. The grip is kinda slippery. It needs stippling. The trigger might be minutely better. Otherwise it's a Glock.

Thank you for the report Dusty. After reading your comments and the complaints of the cutout, I'm gonna buy some duplicate Gen 4's in 9mm. I like the finger grooves because they help me get a firm purchase on the pistols. I'm just gonna have to mod the only 9mm that bothers me, the 19. The trigger guard needs to be undercut. Oddly it's the only pistol from 43 - 34 that bothers me slightly, and it's a very mild annoyance. My Gen 5 interest just severely waned.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I will also say that if you have big hands your pinky will likely be riding forward of your other fingers due to the flared magwell

Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there an aftermarket Glock baseplate that filled in the cutout on the gen-2 frame? I wonder how long it'll take Pearce or someone to make something for the gen-5 if the old one won't fit.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
Wasn't there an aftermarket Glock baseplate that filled in the cutout on the gen-2 frame? I wonder how long it'll take Pearce or someone to make something for the gen-5 if the old one won't fit.

Yep. Pearce made replacement baseplates for the Gen 1/2 that filled in the front cutout. I use them on all the mags for my Gen 2 G19.

The cutout looks similar enough that the old baseplates might even work.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Ok found it!

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-FML

Now Pearce needs to make a Gen-5 one for the G19.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a 17 Gen5 today. $559.00 + tax.
Haven't shot it yet .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just tried my 17G5 in an ALS . Fit fine with just a little more friction than a G17 .
And that's with not making any adjustments to the holster.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
quote:

Just tried my 17G5 in an ALS . Fit fine with just a little more friction than a G17 .
And that's with not making any adjustments to the holster.

Thanks man. In looking at our duty holsters that is what I thought. Mine will be here around Friday.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post