SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by sig228-gsr:
Are you guys going to mark the pistol "10MM" or "GRAYGUNS" or something else???

We've been considering how to mark them appropriately. Lots of ideas in this thread. What's yours?

-Bruce

What about gray-laminate grips with the GRAYGUNS logo and 10mm?

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
that would be an easy answer, but would laminated wood be somthing folks want on a SIG...and how much more would you pay for them?

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Well, they seem to be popular enough in the Equinox packages
quote:
...the Equinox™ comes with gray laminated wood grips with a perfect blend of checkering and stippling to enhance not only the form but the function.

In fact, now that I think about it, I may just put a WTB down in the classifieds... Smile

Maybe Grayguns could make an arrangement with Hogue for a custom design? As for how much...well, I think up to the cost of a set of Nill grips isn't out of the question.

And reading back through this thread earlier...I feel a NEED to buy an Hk 9mm USP Expert for conversion to 9x23mm ::SIGH:: Bruce, you're killin' me! Big Grin

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG_NZ
posted Hide Post
Any photos of production for us guys?? From the grayguns skunkworks???

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
P226R - 9mm
Glock 20 - 10mm Auto
Desert Eagle - 44 Magnum
If you haven't solved your problem with fifteen rounds, a pistol was an inappropriate choice for the scenario!

Posts: 197 | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The greater the ignorance, the greater the dogmatism." - Sir William Osler
posted Hide Post
The GGI crew is in San Diego and away from the shop until the middle of next week teaching a class. It would be interesting to see a row of pistols either in front of Florks chipper or the bits exiting Smile
Wangle

Posts: 305 | Location: OR | Registered: August 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in this conversion some time down the road--finances at this time do not permit it.

I really wish SIG would make a factory 10mm, though...

Best,

--41-Duck

Posts: 33 | Registered: December 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
THE PLAN:

Howdy! You guys are right, we need to post images of these in progress. Here's what's up with your 10mm blowers:

We are getting the last of the preparatory stuff done this month, right about as planned. We're setting up a bench with the nifty tooling for 10mm's this weekend, and Irv Jr. at Bar-Sto is performing a final technical tweak to our barrels to get them perfect.

We just accepted our latest run of cool FAT guide rods, and our new extractor is in process for delivery by January. The magazines & pads are still something of a loose end that I need to get onto, but otherwise I'm satisfied with our timeline and progress.

Torie has already gone through with the primnary action work and some detailing of the first five pistols, and I expect Flork will assign her the rest of them by the end of the month. By the time she's done her sprightly magic, I'll have completed the rest of my previous specialty & custom backlog and Flork and I will commence building them in earnest together. By that time, we'll have all the parts & new mags in hand. Like y'all, I can't wait to have a production version myself. I've already bought a new holster for it...

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
Oooooooooooo...I can't wait!!! All giddy with excitement! Thanks for the update Bruce!

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7897 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
Bruce - thanks for the warm and fuzzies.

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce, thanks for update! Now get on that mag issue or folks will have the finest 10mm "single shot" in existence! LOL

Hope you, Flork and rest of posse have a terrific holiday!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
the finest 10mm "single shot" in existence!

i thought that title was already taken by the Bren 10 Roll Eyes

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9, forgot about the Bren; but then again I did say "finest"!

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
9, forgot about the Bren; but then again I did say "finest"!

Ouch...zing!

Sad but true, though...

Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat

Posts: 203 | Location: The Triangle | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Banana, just can't help being an unrepentent smart-ass; but just clean fun, kidding around!

770-977-0662

posted Hide Post
So is the 220ST and the Elite the only recommended version as a base for conversion? I think in CA, we can only get the 220ST of the two.

Posts: 104 | Registered: April 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoser, you are correct! Ca residents can only have "pre Elite" ST!

770-977-0662

posted Hide Post
I don't even see the P220ST model listed. Is it still there or is it called something else, like the Sport model?

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/safeguns_resp.asp

Would the SAO version work?

Posts: 104 | Registered: April 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoser:
I don't even see the P220ST model listed. Is it still there or is it called something else, like the Sport model?

Even though the non-Elite P220ST is no longer being offered by Sig and may not be on the CA certified-for-sale gun list, there may still be inventory of them in CA gun shops. I bought mine from Turners a few months ago for this project.

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoser, sorry too busy with last minute Christmas shoppers to look for you right now; but if doj says "220 stainless" that should be it? If I recall correctly, "226ST" was just called "226 stainless".

Hope this helps?

770-977-0662

Resident BoneCrusher
Picture of 45R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoser:

The 220ST model is under 220 Stainless. Its approved for sale in CA until next Oct IIRC. Check with your FFL Smile

---------------------------
My Gallery

Posts: 9656 | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post