SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
One of the comments on twitter:

Next year Trump will hand her thick laminated pages

Hopefully she won't be Speaker at next year's SOTU.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would guess Whitmer is being groomed for bigger things. A younger version of Pelosi.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Just received a campaign ad from a republican using Pelosi tearing up the speech. That was quick.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I saw a funny comment that said, "Cute. Now McConnell will rip up the impeachment tomorrow."

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nancy Pelosi shamed herself at Trump’s State of the Union address: Goodwin

https://nypost.com/2020/02/04/...ion-address-goodwin/

Here’s a question for Speaker Nancy Pelosi: Have you heard of Albert Einstein’s definition of insanity? The one where he says it’s “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?”

To judge by your conduct, I’m guessing you haven’t. Either that or you think Einstein was an idiot, too.

Then again, maybe you’re a secret Republican agent trying to re-elect President Trump. Is that why you keep making the same mistake over and over again?

You’ve been screwing up for three years, starting with the juvenile resistance where you refused even to negotiate over big national interests such as border control. Then, just when it seemed you couldn’t sink any lower than that cheap, partisan impeachment you engineered, you hit a new low during the State of the Union.

Your mumbling and sneering smiles throughout President’s Trump’s powerful address were bad enough, but your decision to tear into shreds your copy of his speech and drop it like a dead fish was shameful beyond measure.

Coming immediately after he finished, and while he was still on the podium, you had to know the television cameras would catch you. No doubt that was your goal — to display your disgust to the nation and the world. Viva la resistance!

Message received, and here’s back at you: You disgraced your office and all of congress.

If you had an ounce of decency and respect for something other than your own power, you would apologize. Better yet, take a hike and give your job to somebody who wants to help make America better, not tear it up.

House Republicans must immediately demand a censure vote, making clear their strong disapproval of Pelosi’s temper tantrum. Let Democrats show where they stand on such reprehensible conduct.

In one sense, Pelosi’s distress is understandable. Trump’s address was long because he had a long list of big accomplishments to cite, and every Republican standing ovation had to drive her closer to the edge. She often seemed to be talking to herself, and finally snapped.
see also
Pelosi rips up Trump's State of the Union speech in stunning scene

Trump, who either snubbed or didn’t see her offer of a handshake when he first took the podium and handed her the speech, did not mention impeachment, which will conclude Wednesday with his acquittal. If you didn’t know what has been going on in Washington in recent months, there was nothing in his speech that would have suggested anything out of the ordinary.

He touched all the bases, foreign and domestic, and used an extensive list of guests in the gallery to great effect. From widowed military wives to Rush Limbaugh and several people who benefitted from administration policies, the president aimed to show through examples what he described as the “Great American Comeback.”

The economy is, naturally, at the heart of it, and his recitation of record low unemployment, rising wages, soaring consumer confidence and stock markets are so familiar that it is easy to forget how important they are to the health and welfare of millions of families.

Pelosi certainly has forgotten. She and many fellow female Dems wore white to protest — who knows what? — and most could not bring themselves to cheer the good news for their fellow Americans. Even when the president announced the historically low unemployment rate for black and Latino Americans, people Dems profess to care about, they would not rise.

Trump also talked of foreign policy, of taking on terrorism and his recounting of the military missions that took out Iranian terror mastermind Qassem Soleimani and others, one of the few moments when the entire audience stood to applaud. Which was odd because Pelosi only complained at the time because he didn’t first tell her.

Yet the Speaker, who made a point of telling TV anchors Tuesday that she hasn’t spoken to Trump since October, when impeachment began, demonstrated repeatedly that she hasn’t learned anything from her failures and the president’s success. Her impeachment jihad was rejected by voters as well as by House and Senate Republicans, with the moderate Susan Collins of Maine faulting the effort for, among other things, Pelosi’s decisions to speed rush the effort through the House, then sit on the articles for 33 days before sending them to the Senate.

None of it made any sense, especially in light of the GOP firewall in the Senate. Still, Pelosi once again charged into the cannon fire after the speech, her only weapon her personal hatred of the commander-in-chief.

It’s not proving to be much of a fight. The president is on a winning streak, and he had every right to brag about his record in his third State of the Union address. The country has noticed, as he is reaching his highest approval ratings in the polls since he took office.

Truth be told, he couldn’t do it without Pelosi’s help. She has overplayed her hand time and again, and her insistence that Trump is an illegitimate president has presented Americans with a stark either-or-choice. They wisely rejected impeachment as too radical, which is something she initially said herself before succumbing to the mob mentality.

And she’s just led her party into another embarrassing dead end. Combined with Trump’s strong record, the chaos in the Dems’ Iowa caucus, the lackluster field of presidential candidates and the failed impeachment, the president is off to a roaring start for the campaign.

We can add Pelosi’s televised tantrum to the growing list of his achievements.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is what she thinks of them and you.

I really hope Trump makes a big spectacle of tearing up the articles of impeachment today after he’s acquitted!

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Things just keep getting better. Fox is reporting that now the NY Times is blaming Bernie for the Iowa Caucus mess.

You can't make this stuff up. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
McConnell should invite Trump to the Senate floor for the Impeachment vote today. Then after he's acquitted, hand Donald the Articles of Impeachment that the House so reverently & pompously paraded in there with, so Donald can stand in front of them & tear them up, all while laughing his ass off.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Turns out that wasn't her copy to shred. It was supposed to go to The National Archives.

Tony

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
McConnell should invite Trump to the Senate floor for the Impeachment vote today. Then after he's acquitted, hand Donald the Articles of Impeachment that the House sent over, so Donald can stand in front of them & tear them up, all while laughing his ass off.

Honestly I'd rather he act with the decorum the Chamber deserves.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Turns out that wasn't her copy to shred. It was supposed to go to The National Archives.

Tony

That's fine. Put the shredded copy there accompanied by a picture of Nancy tearing it up. That'd be a legacy for her.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

Tony

Should still send it - recover it, tape it together, and post with a plaque: "Shredded by Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, in a fit of rage, on February 4th, 2020." With her address and mobile number below it.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
quote:
McConnell should invite Trump to the Senate floor for the Impeachment vote today. Then after he's acquitted, hand Donald the Articles of Impeachment that the House sent over, so Donald can stand in front of them & tear them up, all while laughing his ass off.

Honestly I'd rather he act with the decorum the Chamber deserves.

I absolutely agree; no need to stoop to their level of insolence.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Vile and disgusting, and I’ll stop there. But hey, Nancy, you keep it up. Your party is going to lose bigly this November.

Posts: 17128 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
McConnell should invite Trump to the Senate floor for the Impeachment vote today. Then after he's acquitted, hand Donald the Articles of Impeachment that the House so reverently & pompously paraded in there with, so Donald can stand in front of them & tear them up, all while laughing his ass off.

Honestly, I'd expect him to act with the decorum that the Senate requires if he were there.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Don’t give her a copy next year...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post