SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *KARMA*: For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, this AR-15 is for you. ***WINNER = watchman***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*KARMA*: For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, this AR-15 is for you. ***WINNER = watchman*** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Put my name in the hat please. U.S. Army Reserve 1958-1962.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm an old (79) USAF veteran and I don't want to be included--I just wanted to express my gratitude for those younger folks who carry on the military tradition and commitment.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted Hide Post
USN 1989-1993 USS Richard E Byrd (DDG 23) and USS Philippine Sea (CG 58), Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. I wanted to commend you on your generosity, but do not wish to be included in the karma.

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGINT-228:

Awesome karma, thank you, but please don't include me. Just want to thank you for your support and share a fun photo.

How did the guy in the middle get Army jump wings??

I attended Airborne training as a midshipman and wore Army jump wings as a Navy Surface Warfare Officer. Not sure if the same happened here.

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGINT-228
posted Hide Post
Awesome karma, thank you, but please don't include me. Just want to thank you for your support and share a fun photo.[/QUOTE]

How did the guy in the middle get Army jump wings??[/QUOTE]

I attended Airborne training as a midshipman and wore Army jump wings as a Navy Surface Warfare Officer. Not sure if the same happened here.[/QUOTE]

Yes, midshipman summer training.

------------------------------------------------------------
“Come on you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?” Sergeant Major Dan Daly (USMC)

Posts: 1097 | Registered: August 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please enter me into this most generous Karma.

1987-2016...ended my career as an 18ZULU.

My best story involves defecating in Bin Laden's toilet....

Posts: 365 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Please include me in this very generous karma.

Grandfather: 103rd Infantry WWII - Purple Heart
Father: Drafted in 1970, served stateside at Fort Leonard Wood

If I win though I'd probably end up asking you to send it to a friend who is a dentist in the Air Force or her step-son who just enlisted in the Air Force, since I have not had the pleasure of serving.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I would love to enter this karma.

Me - Army National Guard, Army, and US Army Reserves. 1983-1993. Enlisted in the Guard after graduating high school to help pay for college tuition and after taking ROTC classes my first year I applied for and was awarded a 3 year ROTC scholarship. Ended up attending Chemical Officer Basic and was a platoon leader, maintenance officer and NBC officer.

Family members, too numerous to list all - lost one of my mother's brothers on Iwo Jima (USMC), 2 other uncles in WWII and Korea in the navy and great, great...grandfather and his brother served in the Revolutionary War and are on the muster rolls at Valley Forge - they served in the 8th Virginia (Capt Jonathan Clark - older brother of George Rogers Clark). Also had numerous relatives who all fought in Alabama regiments for the confederacy in the Civil War.

I'll see if I have any pictures at all - unfortunately I lost almost all of that kind of stuff when I got divorced in 2005.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in.

U.S. Marine Corps 1986-1990

Thanks

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]How did the guy in the middle get Army jump wings??[/QUOTE]

While Airborne School at Ft. Benning is a US Army school on a US Army installation, it is open to the other services. My Airborne class in December of 1985 contained several people from different services.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bearded Sailor
Picture of DocSteve
posted Hide Post
Wow, I'll give it a try. Ret Navy after 20 years. Hospital Corpsman, too many stories.

"How far are you willing to go to protect the USA?...
As far as you'll let me."

Posts: 5962 | Location: Fla | Registered: April 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
Very cool and generous Karma.
USN 1987-1994, MM1(SS)/Nuclear, USS Gurnard SSN-662, NPTU Idaho Falls - A1W Prototype

Thanks, Ed

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Absolutely awesome Karma. Thanks for the chance, if won this would go to my son currently serving in the Air Force.

He is third generation. Here our family military members...

My Dad in the Navy, circa 1965. I am the wee one on his knee. The older boy is my brother, now a Ret. Col. USMC, a pic of me in my dress blues (USMC 1981-1990, Recon Camera Sys tech), and then my son in uniform (USAF 2014-? RF Systems)

IMG_1019 by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a lady friend, that would love to have a shot at this.

She's an U.S.Airforce NG, veteran.

Has been talking about how she would love to have an AR15… but doesn't have the money to get one right now.

I don't know if it is within the "rules" as she isn't "family", but I'm closer to her than my living family. I would love to "percent" her with this AR15 if she was/is "eligible".

She was a Security Police, missed going to the first Iraqi war.

ARman

Posts: 3152 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Please count me in also, who can't use an extra AR after all.

My uncle (USMC) on my mothers side, was killed on Iwo Jima in WWII.

My father was a Marine, and fought on Guadalcanal, also in WWII.

My late brother was a Marine from 1961-1964.

I served in the Marines from 1975-1979.

Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I was active duty Marine Corps from 1988 to 1993.
My wife was an Army Nurse from 1988 to 2000.
My oldest son is currently a Navy Corpsman.

What an awesome karma!

Thank you for the opportunity!

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Awesome Karma! Very generous of you, and it spawned a thread full of cool photos.

Please add me, active duty Army 2010-Present.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance at this awesome Karma. I served in the CG from 97-01.

Happy Memorial Day!

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

watchman
"Member"

posted May 07, 2017 03:09 PM

Very generous offer and thank you! Count me in. Navy 1984-1991.

^^^^^ You are the winner. Congrats! Cool

Q

Posts: 26386 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!

12131 you are ridiculously generous, I hope the karma comes back your way.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post