SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *KARMA*: For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, this AR-15 is for you. ***WINNER = watchman***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*KARMA*: For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, this AR-15 is for you. ***WINNER = watchman*** Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
As promised. Me graduating boot camp in Nov 87, along with my Jarhead bother. Last cycle though Tank Hill Ft. Jackson, SC

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a great Karma and gesture!

Don't put me in the mix, I have 2 and my "veteran" status was 2 years of sham status in West Germany back in the '80's. No red balloons here, give it to someone who can count the cost!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Count me in. USMC 87-91, ILARNG 02-13.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
12131, I'd like to enter my brother into this karma. He's nearing 13 years of service in the Navy and is currently deployed in the Middle East. Thank you for the opportunity and for supporting the troops.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Wow. Please include me. I can probably find a copy of my dd214 if I need to!

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in.

Fleet Marine Force 71-75.
My second cruse was aboard a Helo Pad in the first ever NATO Cruse.
Sent to the field with a kidney infection and 102 degree temp. After the deployment I fainted five times while sitting in front of my C.O., as we were waiting for my MEDI-VAC. By now my temp was 104. It was a long wait, as we were waiting for the fog to lift enough for the evac. The crew sent for me crashed into a mountain due to fog and that thought bothers me always. The C.O. insisted on 100% participation. And he got it.

Posts: 358 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
In Please in memory of my Dad's service.
My Dad was a much decorated disabled vet in ww-2. His disability came at the end of his carrier when a motor removed his beloved Garand from his Hands and also took with it part of his left hand. To his dieing day he could recite it's serial #. He earned 4 bronze stars that day as he crawled back and forth under motor and machine gun fire to rescue 4 of his team. He was their commanding officer and refused to leave them. He is and will always be my Hero He passed in 2004 of war related injuries and his widow my Mother received his pension till She passed in 2015. They were a special breed back then for sure.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not in, but very generous karma.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Very generous!! I'm been active duty AF for 23 years. Deployments include: Bosnia (1997, 1999), Iraq (2003, 2004), Afghanistan (2008, 2009, 2015, 2016).

I've been attached to: NATO, 10 MTN, 1 CAV (twice! Bosnia & Iraq), I MEF, USS Blue Ridge, and USSOCOM units.

Combat Air Advisor, Afghanistan, 2008

I was my CG's PSD and this was my last detail before I redeployed in Dec 2009

Afghanistan, 2016

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGguy229,

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will put my name in the mix. 25 years in the guard with service at ground zero the. Subsequent mobilization stateside plus tours in Iraq and Afghanistan after that

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
More great generosity from 12131! Kudos sir.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
I would like a chance for this Karma. I was a squad leader in the New Mexico National Guard, 697th AAA Bn, AW, (M), joined in 1956. I did my best to use up all of that surplus 1943 .50 Cal. ammo.

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Another generous karma!

Please don't enter me. I qualify, but, already have an AR-15 and really have no need of another. I just wanted to say thanks!

I'll give you a story, anyway Smile

Year was... uhm... had to be '73. Viet Nam was beginning to wind down. I was 11 months short when I got the call to Personnel. Went over, sat down, listened to the spiel as the Personnel sergeant shovelled paperwork in my direction. He came up for breath and I quickly said "Fine, sarge, but, I don't have to go!" "What d'ya you mean you ``don't have to go?``" he growled at me. "11 months short and my MOS isn't critical anymore, so the Army can't send me even if I wanted to go," I replied, with a s**t-eating grin. "Get the f**k outta here," he barked, and I went back to my duty section.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
Please count me in for this very generous karma.

I tried to post a pic of my Air Force Basic Training flight but the photo was too large.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
Very generous! Please include me, I served in the Army and the Navy!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Another great karma! Count me in too!
That's me kneeling on the left....Grand Forks AFB
in '74!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Very generous. Thank you, 12131.

Just before graduation at the U.S. Army Artillery and Missile OCS.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
An incredibly generous karma!

Thank you for your thoughtfullness toward our great nation's servicemembers. Smile

I would like to enter.

US Army, June 1990 - September 2013.

Here I am in Iraq playing with a Dillon Mini Gun they loaned our unit for testing with our birds:

When I wasn't messin' around with aircraft armament, this was my typical view of Iraq, ( Baghdad Airport in the background. )

When we weren't at war with someone, we were training for war. Good ol' NTC:

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Please include me. Thank you very much for the chance.
July 1977 thru December 1985
SSgt USMC

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USAF 2001-2006

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post