SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *KARMA*: For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, this AR-15 is for you. ***WINNER = watchman***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*KARMA*: For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, this AR-15 is for you. ***WINNER = watchman*** Login/Join 
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
It's a long shot but I'm in. Navy vet. I'll have to find some pictures to scan in. No real good stories though.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1198 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I was a Marine for 21 years and my son was a Marine for 5 and is currently in the process to head back to Astan as a conctractor. I'll put some pics up later.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in! '75 to 81, US Army. Married my M60 gunner, 37 years ago. Korea, Ft Carson, Germany, Ft Bliss.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
USN 1985 - 1997

Thanks so much.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Love AR's, count me in. Thanks.
SSG Ret.
TN & TX ARNG 66-06
SCV

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
Looks great. Please add me. Was in the Army 88-94. 91B20 (Combat Medic) Ft Hood Tx. 3/41inf 2AD. 21 Evac Hospital 13Th Coscom Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Got a few ribbons and great stories.

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You 12131.I spent 3 years as a Military Policeman at Fort Bragg.After active duty I joined the Army Reserve and stayed in another 21 years.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Thank You 12131.I spent 3 years as a Military Policeman at Fort Bragg.After active duty I joined the Army Reserve and stayed in another 21 years.

Same here, except I only lasted 12 years in the Reserve.
82d MP Co. 1977-80.
11th SF Group thereafter until it was deactivated 1992.

Thanks for the chance, 12131!

(if I'm lucky enough to win, I'll have to pin the stock to make it NJ compliant. No biggie.)

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

My grandfather served as a mechanic in the USAF during the Korean War.

Thanks Q!

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 814 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
My dad was an Air force Staff Sargent during Vietnam, he never talked about his service days unfortunately. I will ask my mom to dig up some pictures. Please include me.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it is possible , I would like to include my son Elliott.He is in the Navy, going to nuclear school in Charleston SC. He graduates May 26 then heads to Ballston Spa,New York for reactor school. He belongs to the Naval Nuclear Power Command for now.

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Boy we were cool back in the day!
Marine Corps 89' to 93'

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in the Karma.

Semper Fi!

(that's me in the middle)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
USAF Veteran. 1998-2013 (third generation AF)

Thank you for your kind, and very generous karma offering. I'm privileged to even be considered.

Here's some random old pictures from some of my time in service:

Pope Flight line back in the day (Rodeo, I don't remember the year)

My first time to jump school (Lawson AF), some shots from the bubble.

My first time taking a plane home (close), McChord AFB (1999?)

My best "stone cold killer" face after a skirmish at airfield defense school (JROTC), back before the wars when laser tag was still a fun game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great gift. My dad served in WW2. He was at Iwo Jima and wouldn't talk about it. He was a Seebee. I am a Vietnam Era veteran '72-75 Sgt. U.S. Air Force. Served in Wiesbaden, Germany. Proud to have served. There a lot more folks here that deserve that gift than me. Thank all of you for your service. I already have an AR 15.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Great karma! Please include me and thanks!
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

As requested, here is a little history of my grandfather who is in the picture. He served in the US Army Air Corps during WW2 at Lowry Air Force base in Colorado. He was breveted to major in 1944. At the end of the war, he was offered a transfer to the regular US Army with his breveted rank of major made permanent. He declined and was discharged on Christmas Day 1945 and returned home to teach school.

Shortly after WW2 ended, the Utah National Guard formed the 204th Field Artillery Battalion which operated the 155mm SP gun. The CO wanted my grandfather but they didn't have a slot for a commissioned officer so he came in as a WO. His unit was activated on 19 August 1950 for service in Korea. On 2 February 1951, the battalion arrived in Pusan aboard the USS General A.E. Anderson a troop transport used in WW2. [IMG:left] [/IMG]

The 204th first saw action on 6 April 1951. On 30 April 1952 at 1530 hours, Brigadier General Thomas E. Lewis, Commanding General of I Corps Artillery, fired the battalion's 100,000 round since it had entered into combat in Korea. The picture depicts a memorial to the 100,000 round.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

I inherited everything related to his military service. I have his Class A uniforms from WW2, his dress saber from his ROTC days in the late 20s, medals and his movies he took while he was serving in Korea. I actually have film of his unit passing by a sign stating they are passing over the 38th Parallel and into North Korea.

Thanks again. I hope you found this abbreviated history interesting. Most of his records were destroyed in the fire in 1973 so I spent nearly two years tracking down the information that I have. If anyone else has family that served in Korea with the 204th, their CO, Colonel Whitesides, wrote a book (more a journal) of the 204th's service in Korea. Its called the 204th Field Artillery Battalion iN Korea. It is out of print but copies can be found online.

Posts: 12467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGINT-228
posted Hide Post

Awesome karma, thank you, but please don't include me. Just want to thank you for your support and share a fun photo.

------------------------------------------------------------
“Come on you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?” Sergeant Major Dan Daly (USMC)

Posts: 1097 | Registered: August 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Very generous Q. Please count me in. Army, ours,'68-'70. RVN, Central Highlands '69-'70. I have stories, but the best/funniest one, no one would believeWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add my name to the list.

US Army 69-72
Berlin USASA

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Karma!
USAF 82-93 afsc 46370

Posts: 90 | Registered: September 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGINT-228:

Awesome karma, thank you, but please don't include me. Just want to thank you for your support and share a fun photo.

How did the guy in the middle get Army jump wings??

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post