SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20).... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
In a scenario where Trump doesn't win a second term, RBG croaks in early December, Trump appoints a new Supreme, he/she was confirmed before Christmas (assuming the Senate Republicans stayed in town) the democrats would be in complete meltdown and we'd new riots in the streets. But, the Democrats would seek to expand the Supreme Court to retake the majority..

Posts: 1452 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
In a scenario where Trump doesn't win a second term, RBG croaks in early December, Trump appoints a new Supreme, he/she was confirmed before Christmas (assuming the Senate Republicans stayed in town) the democrats would be in complete meltdown and we'd new riots in the streets. But, the Democrats would seek to expand the Supreme Court to retake the majority..

Why should we worry about a scenario that we have to imagine?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
There's a saying I've heard many times that for every woman in the world there's a man somewhere who's sick of her s*&t.

If we get to imagine (and hope), my scenario is RBG holds out for the election, Trump wins, the Reaper gets tired of her s*&t, and Trump has all the time he wants to pick a real conservative this time to counter Roberts and other middle of the roaders.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I am confident that President Trump has already picked his replacement for any opening in the Supreme Court, just to be ready.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
This bitch is liable to stay on life support for a few years after a good faceplant to haunt us more yet.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I would rather she goes away after Trump wins reelection. At this point, I would rather punt than give a hail mary to the other side and give them one more opportunity to raise a shit storm.

They don’t need an opportunity. They will always raise a shitstorm. Before or after the election is irrelevant.

This. I don’t deal in fear. The sooner that vile bitch dies the better.

I deal in pragmatism, not in fear.

If Ginsburg dies now, Democrats will want the “next president” to make the nomination on the same justification that was used by Mitch in not filling the vacancy that occurred during Obama’s last year.

If the Republicans push for a nomination before elections, Democrats will work to delay it until after the election.

Either way, the Democrats will have this to insist the US cannot have 4 more years of Trump where he could shift the Supreme Court even more. People don’t like extremes one way or the other and that might be a tipping point.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
quote:
I would rather she goes away after Trump wins reelection. At this point, I would rather punt than give a hail mary to the other side and give them one more opportunity to raise a shit storm.

They don’t need an opportunity. They will always raise a shitstorm. Before or after the election is irrelevant.

This. I don’t deal in fear. The sooner that vile bitch dies the better.

I deal in pragmatism, not in fear.

If Ginsburg dies now, Democrats will want the “next president” to make the nomination on the same justification that was used by Mitch in not filling the vacancy that occurred during Obama’s last year.

If the Republicans push for a nomination before elections, Democrats will work to delay it until after the election.

Either way, the Democrats will have this to insist the US cannot have 4 more years of Trump where he could shift the Supreme Court even more. People don’t like extremes one way or the other and that might be a tipping point.

Unless I’m mistaken, Republicans have more seats on the Judicial Committee. And thanks to Harry Reid, have the green light to nominate Supreme Court justices with a simple majority, which they also have. The Democrats can’t delay anything. Unless a Republican Senator loses their nerve.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
When it gets out of committee don't count on Romney or Murkowski

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

No, definitely not. And I would just assume they'd be against any Trump nominee this year. But that still gives us a majority. Who else would give us worry? This is what is so frustrating about Republicans. Because if it were the other way around, the Democrats would have every single senator onboard without question.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

No, definitely not. And I would just assume they'd be against any Trump nominee this year. But that still gives us a majority. Who else would give us worry? This is what is so frustrating about Republicans. Because if it were the other way around, the Democrats would have every single senator onboard without question.
One word....Collins.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Justice Ginsberg has liver cancer.

Been undergoing treatment for a while.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Whatever it takes

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Justice Ginsberg has liver cancer.

Been undergoing treatment for a while.

L'Chaim!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Liver cancer means no chemo treatment available. Believe the only remedy is invasive surgery to remove part of the liver unless the tumor has infested to large of a portion of the liver then they may just have to let it go.

I wonder if they have her and her medical staff compartmentalized enough to conceal her death for any length of time.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unless I’m mistaken, Republicans have more seats on the Judicial Committee. And thanks to Harry Reid, have the green light to nominate Supreme Court justices with a simple majority, which they also have. The Democrats can’t delay anything. Unless a Republican Senator loses their nerve.

I would rather have both a Trump reelection and Ginsburg replaced by a Trump nominee than Ginsburg's replacement be at the forefront leading up to the election.

I do not want the Undecideds to be galvanized into maintaining the status quo of the Supreme Court by not reelecting Trump should the nomination be replaced. And I don't want the issue be used to not reelect Trump should they manage to go through the nomination before the election.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/news...ned-but-wont-retire/

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said Friday she is receiving chemotherapy for a recurrence of cancer, but has no plans to retire from the Supreme Court.

The 87-year-old Ginsburg, who spent time in the hospital this week for a possible infection, said her treatment so far has succeeded in reducing lesions on her liver and that she will continue chemotherapy sessions every two weeks.

“I have often said I would remain a member of the Court as long as I can do the job full steam. I remain fully able to do that,” Ginsburg said in a statement issued by the court.

She said her recent hospitalizations, including one in May, were unrelated to the cancer.

A medical scan in February revealed growths on her liver, she said, and she began chemotherapy in May.

“My most recent scan on July 7 indicated significant reduction of the liver lesions and no new disease,” she said. “I am tolerating chemotherapy well and am encouraged by the success of my current treatment.”

Posts: 19575 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I’m confused apparently. My sister in law was diagnosed about two months ago with liver cancer. Basically a cancerous tumor on the liver. First thing she was told is there is no chemotherapy available for treating liver cancer. She had invasive surgery shortly after her diagnosis and had a little more than half her liver removed.

But Ginsberg is getting chemo treatment for the same thing? Maybe one of the docs here can clarify.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know the expected time she has left, with RBG being 87 yo? As she has had other cancers in the past, I suspect this is a metastatic cancer.
Hoping she dies ASAP, preferably before the election.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I’m confused apparently. My sister in law was diagnosed about two months ago with liver cancer. Basically a cancerous tumor on the liver. First thing she was told is there is no chemotherapy available for treating liver cancer. She had invasive surgery shortly after her diagnosis and had a little more than half her liver removed.

But Ginsberg is getting chemo treatment for the same thing? Maybe one of the docs here can clarify.

Depends totally on the type of cancer. Some are resectable even when in the liver. Some are not.

Globally speaking, and perhaps ironically, 6 months from the time of identification in the liver is typically a watershed time in survival expectation, which would mean November. But, of course, that is only the most general of statements.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

L'Chaim!

Saw what was done there Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post