SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20).... Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Heaven doesn't want her and Hell is afraid she'll take over...

quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Anyone know the expected time she has left, with RBG being 87 yo? As she has had other cancers in the past, I suspect this is a metastatic cancer.
Hoping she dies ASAP, preferably before the election.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Several years ago my MIL had liver cancer.

She was treated w TACE

Transarterial Chemoembolization (TACE)

https://www.radiologyinfo.org/...tional%20radiologist.

Transarterial chemoembolization or TACE places chemotherapy and synthetic materials called embolic agents into a blood vessel feeding a cancerous tumor to cut off the tumor's blood supply and trap the chemotherapy within the tumor. It is most often used to treat liver cancer but may also be used in patients whose cancer has spread to other areas of the body. Chemoembolization may be used as a standalone treatment or in combination with surgery, ablation, chemotherapy or radiation therapy.

It was successful for my MIL, but she did eventually die from other illnesses.

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I have not read about it but not sure if she has liver cancer or metastatic tumors in the liver. Either way extremely bad news and very difficult to treat especially at her age.

The ONLY tumors in the liver that might have a good prognosis that I am aware of, IF caught early enough, are neuroendocrine tumors commonly referred to as NET tumors, which is what I have with two of them 3CM as they are slow growing and non agressive. Even so my oncologist referred me to a interventional radiologist who did a Y90 radioembolization treatment on me where he went through artery in my groin to implant micro spheres of radiation treatment at each tumor and closed off aterial blood flow to the tumors.

My sister however had the same cancer as I have but by the time they found out she already was pretty advanced and passed away three month later at age 63 and in her case the chemo most likely speeded up her demise but she knew that was a possible risk and could not see any other choice but taking that chance. Surgery was not an option due to location of tumors and her being weak.

Wither her health history and age I would bet good money her time left is in the single digits in months.

She REALLY should retire and spend what little time is left with her family and loved ones. IMHO highly doubtful, regardless of what she says, that she is still up to the job. Plenty of photos of her that are years old of her dozing off while with the rest of the justices.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
She just stated that she has no plans to retire.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Full Statement from Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg:

On May 19, I began a course of chemotherapy (gemcitabine) to treat a recurrence of cancer. A periodic scan in February followed by a biopsy revealed lesions on my liver. My recent hospitalizations to remove gall stones and treat an infection were unrelated to this recurrence.

Immunotherapy first essayed proved unsuccessful. The chemotherapy course, however, is yielding positive results. Satisfied that my treatment course is now clear, I am providing this information.

My most recent scan on July 7 indicated significant reduction of the liver lesions and no new disease. I am tolerating chemotherapy well and am encouraged by the success of my current treatment. I will continue bi-weekly chemotherapy to keep my cancer at bay, and am able to maintain an active daily routine. Throughout, I have kept up with opinion writing and all other Court work.

I have often said I would remain a member of the Court as long as I can do the job full steam. I remain fully able to do that.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton raises a good question: "Justice Ginsburg has had liver cancer since February. And the public was not informed until today."

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
She just stated that she has no plans to retire.
No surprise at all, which is why I say- whatever it takes.

In the end, she may have no choice in the matter. Ol' Death always has the last laugh.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have often said I would remain a member of the Court as long as I can do the job full steam. I remain fully able to do that.

Of course she can do that...all they have to do is wake her up for the vote and they really don't need to do that since her vote is obvious.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton raises a good question: "Justice Ginsburg has had liver cancer since February. And the public was not informed until today."

Can someone enlighten me what the big deal is? If it had been publicly revealed initially, what difference would it have made? Nothing. She's still alive.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
No, you're right. It makes no difference.
I would have been surprised if she was upfront about her condition.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This lady has multiple sites of metastatic pancreatic cancer. She may well be in denial and the MSM is going along with it. The American people have not been told the truth, but perhaps some don't want to know the truth.

The broken rib a few months back was secondary the cancer, and a "lumpectomy" of the lung was done......to debulk the tumor. A few months later, a large pancreatic cancer lesion showed up on her pancreas and she had radiation tx(to try and shrink it).

They placed a "T Tube" in her main bile duct to decompress the liver, and treat her ascending cholangitis(her infection).

Now they are finding metastatic lesions on her liver. They are using the same chemotherapy they used for her pancreas lesion, and maybe adding other meds.

None of this treatment is curative in my opinion....in the least. They are trying to buy time for Ruthy. How much time can they buy? Not a lot in my way of thinking, but some.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are trying to buy time for Ruthy. How much time can they buy? Not a lot in my way of thinking, but some.

They are only looking for 6 months....
They want senile old Joe to replace her.

-rduckwor

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
This lady has multiple sites of metastatic pancreatic cancer. She may well be in denial and the MSM is going along with it. The American people have not been told the truth, but perhaps some don't want to know the truth.

The broken rib a few months back was secondary the cancer, and a "lumpectomy" of the lung was done......to debulk the tumor. A few months later, a large pancreatic cancer lesion showed up on her pancreas and she had radiation tx(to try and shrink it).

They placed a "T Tube" in her main bile duct to decompress the liver, and treat her ascending cholangitis(her infection).

Now they are finding metastatic lesions on her liver. They are using the same chemotherapy they used for her pancreas lesion, and maybe adding other meds.

None of this treatment is curative in my opinion....in the least. They are trying to buy time for Ruthy. How much time can they buy? Not a lot in my way of thinking, but some.

Agree, this is salvage therapy at this point. Have a co-worker whose husband passed from pancreatic cancer earlier this year. Once they found it in the liver, he was gone within three months.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are only looking for 6 months....
They want senile old Joe to replace her.

In their dreams, IMHO.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man this chick is such a tease..

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Which is why I'm surprised this thread has gone on as long as it has. When it happens, we'll know.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Tick, tick, tick.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are the absolute worst office pools. I mean, LETS GET IT OVER WITH!

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
She’s as healthy as Joe Biden dammit. If you think any different, you’re probably a racist.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This thread was started a year and a half ago. I'm beginning to think RBG, Keef Richards and the cockroaches are all going to have the last laugh on us.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cut it out.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post