SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The official NHL playoff thread
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The official NHL playoff thread Login/Join 
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Pens finally woke up. Now just to get the power play functional.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Pekka Rinne lets in 4 shots out of 11 in game 1.
He then gets pulled from game 2 after letting in 2 shots in 15 seconds. He can kiss that Conn Smythe goodbye if he keeps it up. Smile

2 more wins, LET'S GO PENS!!!!

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Two to go.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ummmm...don't you mean 4?? Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Nope, only need two more wins.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Pens started out good and now seem to have reverted back to their uninspired play. The power play needs to wake up.

In this series Pens power play is 1 for 13 or 7.6% and the Preds are 4 for 10 or 40%.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrbill345,

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Yeah the 2nd and 3rd periods were painful to watch.
I can't figure out how they're going to improve their PP.
And now the talk until Monday on NHL radio is going to be which netminder Sully starts in game 4. Murray looked weak tonight.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Yeah the 2nd and 3rd periods were painful to watch.
I can't figure out how they're going to improve their PP.
And now the talk until Monday on NHL radio is going to be which netminder Sully starts in game 4. Murray looked weak tonight.

First thing is shoot more - only 4 shots on 13 power plays.

Murray usually bounces back after a loss. However, the Predators scored 4 of the 5 goals on Murray's glove hand side. He had the same issue during the last month or so of the season.

posted Hide Post
GO PREDATORS!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: roberth,

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
This was the perfect storm game for the Pens to lose.

Preds playing their first ever finals game at home, down 2 games could not afford another loss. I did not think the Pens were going to win before the game started but the first period gave me hope.

Preds played tough the whole way and started to get some bounces that they previously did not enjoy.

My worry is that the Pens need to solve their breakout and power play both have been abysmal through all 3 games.

Resilience has been the Pens best strength this year. Win on Monday and who cares how game 3 went.

Lets go Pens!

Posts: 2721 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Preds played tough the whole way and started to get some bounces that they previously did not enjoy.

Lets go Preds!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24331 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
GO PREDATORS!!

+1

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6104 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Slightly updated.
Big Grin

Posts: 3669 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5001 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I am definitely getting too old for this.

Go Pens.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I don't even know where to begin.
The NHL wants a 7 game series.
Murray's glove wants a 7 game series.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'll take a 6-game series Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I was hoping that Sir Charles would take a swing at Milbury, who would attempt to counter with a shoe.
Kinda disappointed. Frown

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
My god... enough with the fish.

Detroit ya'll ain't!

And PLEASE STOP comparing Sissy Sid to every great hockey player.

Nice scared puck empty netter...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38066 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Well at least the Pens played better this game, just that Rinne got hot & Murray is still having a issue w/ the glove hand side.

I do find it interesting that when Subban blocked that shot, the refs called the play dead. Bonino did the same & no such call was made. Earlier ion the playoffs Zach Werenski got hit in the face by a puck in the defensive zone & the play wasn't called dead. So much Bettman's rules.