SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The official NHL playoff thread
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The official NHL playoff thread Login/Join 
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Go Preds!

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Go Pens!

Posts: 5015 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Wow, now that's the way Pens! Dominated the Sens.

Cheap shot by Wingels at the end of the game, though.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Wow, now that's the way Pens! Dominated the Sens.

Cheap shot by Wingels at the end of the game, though.

Yea...Wingles is a pussy!!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14042 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Hope they roll the momentum into Ottawa on Tuesday.

And who knew Maatta would score two games in a row? That's double the goals he had all season.
Smile

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Nice job, Preds.
Anyone but that douchebag Getzlaf.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Well, that was a stellar performance by the Ducks. Amazing how they came up short. I call it karma.

I was not feeling a thing for Perry when he laid his head on the boards.

Aside from Rinne the Ducks had that game. Bernier was never there.

Good on the Predators!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Nice job, Preds.
Anyone but that douchebag Getzlaf.

Where's the like button for this?

Ducks played right on the edge of dirty. I'm glad they and their cheap shots are gone.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
I'd take Getzlaf on my team any day of the week. The guy has grit.

Edited for brevity.

Posts: 3265 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wait.....What?!?! I cheering for the Preds?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21141 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
DUDE!! Empty net goals are the BEST!!!

Hey, while I grew up in Nashville, and still don't totally understand everything about the game (football, basketball, & baseball are what I played when growing up), I can certainly embrace the intensity of Hockey. Plus, we're now going to the Stanley Cup!!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
DUDE!! Empty nets goals are the BEST!!!

Hey, while I grew up in Nashville, and still don't totally understand everything about the game (football, basketball, & baseball are what I played when growing up), I can certainly embrace the intensity of Hockey. Plus, we're now going to the Stanley Cup!!

Well they're close!

Savor it, You have a great town for hockey!

posted Hide Post
Pens broke Don Cherry's rule in game 5 by embarrassing the Sens and running up the score. That almost guaranteed them a loss last night.

I do think they'll pull it out at home in game 7 though.

Posts: 1172 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
This is testament as to how bad the NHL officiating has become: Mike Milbury complaining about the inconsistency of the referees. Not the greatest video, but the best I could find.

posted Hide Post
GO SENS!!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Sens have an advantage. The referees are Wes McCauley & Dan O'Halloran. McCauley tossed Sullivan earlier this year (in a game vs Ottawa). O'Halloran was the official ignored any penalties when Chad Ruhwedel was high sticked & then received a head shot, save for calling Ian Cole for roughing.

Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sens have an advantage. The referees are Wes McCauley & Dan O'Halloran. McCauley tossed Sullivan earlier this year (in a game vs Ottawa). O'Halloran was the official ignored any penalties when Chad Ruhwedel was high sticked & then received a head shot, save for calling Ian Cole for roughing.

Yeah. And apparently they forgot what a hooking penalty is. Advantage Pens. Roll Eyes Nevermind the terrific slash by Malkin after he got hip checked into last night. Officiating blows both ways.

I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
quote:

Yeah. And apparently they forgot what a hooking penalty is. Advantage Pens. Roll Eyes Nevermind the terrific slash by Malkin after he got hip checked into last night. Officiating blows both ways.

And right now it's blowing in the Senators favor. Power Plays: Senators 2, Penguins 0. I've seen holding and even tackling by the Senators that did not generate even a "make-up" call.

ETA:
Finally a call. Clearly an interference call on Phaneuf.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
quote:

And right now it's blowing in the Senators favor. Power Plays: Senators 2, Penguins 0. I've seen holding and even tackling by the Senators that did not generate even a "make-up" call.

ETA:
Finally a call. Clearly an interference call on Phaneuf.

As with other playoff series where the Pens are involved the refs have once again showed they are the six man on the Pens team. Cool

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
As with other playoff series where the Pens are involved the refs have once again showed they are the six man on the Pens team. Cool

And everyone else claims the Pens get all the calls. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes