SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reid told Slate that the deal was put forth as a way to get players to end their protests during the national anthem, and that Jenkins asking him if he would do so was the last straw for his involvement with the Players Coalition.
At this point I don't personally want them to end the protests. If anything, ramp them up. I'm done with the NFL, and with a little more work by the players, so will a large majority of the rest of the fans. So I encourage these illiterate morons to go big or go home.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
At this point I don't personally want them to end the protests. If anything, ramp them up.

Right??? FIRE IT UP, FIRE IT UP! Smile

You commie pukes.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I'am of the same mind set.
Not ever going back to watching.

I would love nothing better than for them to keep kneeling and spiral the NFL down into the dust bowl of history.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The leftist strategy of divide and destroy is working well.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t see myself watching again any time soon either. They made their bed and now they have to lay in it. The NFL could always count on me for a few hundred dollars a year, but no more. I refuse to spend one single penny on the NFL. I have yet to watch a single snap this year, intentionally or otherwise. I’m done with them regardless if they stop the bullshit or not. I say keep on protesting you idiots. See where it really gets you.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was reported Thursday that the NFL had come to an agreement with the Players Coalition to donate $89 million over seven years to various social justice causes. The deal "represents the NFL's largest contribution to a social issue, surpassing that of Salute to Service or Breast Cancer Awareness/Crucial Catch," according to a report from ESPN.com.

One of the players that publicly left the Players Coalition earlier this week said Thursday that the report is misleading.

San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid, one of the first NFL players to kneel during the national anthem after his former teammate Colin Kaepernick started the movement, called the deal a "charade" and said the NFL may be moving some of the money from Salute to Service or Breast Cancer Awareness into the social justice causes.

"In the discussion that we had, Malcolm (Jenkins) conveyed to us -- based on discussions that he had with the NFL -- that the money would come from funds that are already allocated to breast cancer awareness and Salute to Service," Reid told Slate. "So it would really be no skin off the owners' backs: They would just move the money from those programs to this one."

That right there is funny.

It's so cynical that it doesn't surprise me at all that this is Roger Goodell's brilliant idea ...

quote:
"Roger Goodell is trying to make this as easy for the owners to agree to as possible so that—again, their goal is to end the protests," Reid said. "He's trying to make it as easy possible to do that for the owners. He's going to present them with a proposal saying, 'Look you really don't have to do anything. We're just going to shift this money from this area and just move it here.'"

We'll just take it away from our support of breast cancer research and our Salute to Service! ... and give it to the Social Justice Warriors!

Ya, that's the ticket! Roll Eyes
The owners who continue to employ Roger Goodell are as stupid, gutless, and spineless as their employee.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
So let me get this right.
The Owners are actually taking money from the Breast Cancer research charities and giving to the the players to distribute in the inner cities radicals?
Then the owners didn't give up one extra dime, right?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
That's what Eric Reid (player) said.

The NFL almost certainly has to come back and say that is not true. It would be a huge PR disaster.

This is a very confusing and conflicting situation.

NFL letter from yesterday:

NFL Social Justice Initiative = NFL bribe for players to stand for anthem

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
NFL Social Justice Initiative = NFL bribe for players to stand for anthem

Right!

Remember, all of this started because Colin Kaepernick is a crappy quarterback who was trying to impress his SJW girlfriend and deflect attention from his poor play!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
It's nice to see in the letter posted by sdy that the NFL supports the Militay and Veterans. Roll Eyes

And they only charge us taxpayers a few million in fees to show this patriotism.
Report: Defense Dept. paid NFL millions of taxpayer dollars to salute troops

It appears over the years the Red, White, and Blue displays you have seen at NFL games has been an income source for the NFL.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
It appears over the years the Red, White, and Blue displays you have seen at NFL games has been an income source for the NFL.

As anybody who's paid attention (and cared) might have known or guessed: I never thought much of pro sports in the first place, but this takes the cake. This is just sad Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
Add in the costs of all the flyovers that are done.

Not in the millions, but it all counts against the taxpayers. Fuel, ops and maint support, etc.

When I used to watch the NFL - every weekend except for the last 2 seasons - I felt sorry for the folks spending their Sundays working just a few second thrill for the fans.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
And they only charge us taxpayers a few million in fees to show this patriotism.
Report: Defense Dept. paid NFL millions of taxpayer dollars to salute troops

They suck at the government tit: federal, state and local. I soured on the NFL when I saw all of the shenanigans with the Rams stadium deal. We the taxpayers of Missouri have another 10 years worth of bond payments to make for a stadium that now sits empty.

I would have no major philosophical problem with the NFL if it wasn't welfare for billionaires. I would still be soured on the NFL for allowing the players to insult the country by kneeling for the National Anthem... but I could just choose to NOT buy a ticket. It's really a slap in the face to be forced to support it with hard earned taxpayer dollars.

-rduckwor

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Thursday night in Cowboy's stadium Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Anyone notice they were showing the Thursday night game on Amazon?

It was really annoying, it was right below your account info and you had to scroll through it to get to the products.

Just shows you how desperate they are...

Fuck. Them.

Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:

Not in the millions, but it all counts against the taxpayers. Fuel, ops and maint support, etc.

When I used to watch the NFL - every weekend except for the last 2 seasons - I felt sorry for the folks spending their Sundays working just a few second thrill for the fans.

One could argue that the fly-overs and other displays by the military were good for recruiting. And the fans, most of which are pro-military (as evidenced by their current boycott of the NFL) are taxpayers, and they thoroughly enjoyed the displays. All nations like to display their military might.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Thursday night in Cowboy's stadium Big Grin

That is a pretty sight, but I could do with a few(o.k. many) more vacant seats.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Aircrew must stay current. Takeoffs, landings, natops, etc. Circle the airfield doing touch or goes or fly over a stadium. It all goes in the log.

Also the military more and more does try to be an 8to5 job whenever possible, it is not though, Sunday flights are just another day.

Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
One could argue that the fly-overs and other displays by the military were good for recruiting. And the fans, most of which are pro-military (as evidenced by their current boycott of the NFL) are taxpayers, and they thoroughly enjoyed the displays. All nations like to display their military might.

I totally get that. I was a jet engine mechanic in the AF, spent 15 years on the flightline.

Was remembering the empathy I felt at the time.

Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by springnr:
quote:

Aircrew must stay current. Takeoffs, landings, natops, etc. Circle the airfield doing touch or goes or fly over a stadium. It all goes in the log.

Also the military more and more does try to be an 8to5 job whenever possible, it is not though, Sunday flights are just another day.

Working weekends was normal where I was assigned, despite airshows and stuff like that. No big deal it's part of the job.
Touch and goes are done every day.

If you had worked aircraft maintenance you'd be better able to relate to where I was coming from.

No biggee. I was trying to add a different perspective to the conversation regarding the NFL and the military (us taxpayers) paying them for patriotic displays during the game.