SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"NFL leadership has hurt's Papa John's," Schnatter said.

I'm glad to see he has the sense and courage to say so.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:...Colin Kaepernick’s lawyer Mark Geragos claimed Tuesday that his client will be on an NFL roster within the next 10 days.

“I think within the next 10 days somebody will sign him. I think somebody’s gonna sign him. I think the NFL has to come to their senses, and realize every day that goes by just proves the collusion case even more,” Geragos said during an appearance on The Adam Carolla Show....

What if Kaepernick was signed in the next 10 days, and the team's fan base started to shrink notably after his first "kneel".

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

ESPN Lost 480,000 Subscribers in October:

There are a variety of ways, in which businesses judge whether they’re having a successful business day. However, if you’re losing over 15,000 customers a day, that is generally frowned upon.

No doubt, there are many frowns being worn on the faces of ESPN executives after reviewing the October Cable Coverage Estimates. ESPN lost over 15,000 subscribers for every day ending in “y,” during the month of October.

To put that into perspective, that’s the equivalent of losing Sacramento, California, the 35th largest city in the country, in a month. While many would welcome the loss of Sacramento, for a variety of reasons, when discussing losing a city of that size in a ratings context, it’s horrifying.

Of course, ESPN isn’t the only cable sports giant to lose massively among subscribers. FS1 584,000 households in the month of October. Though, it is noteworthy, that FS1’s ESPN-esque decline has coincided with their efforts to repeat the mistakes of ESPN. In October, FS1 brought the Reverend Jesse Jackson on Undisputed, the network’s flagship debate show, featuring Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe.

Not surprisingly, Jackson bashed President Trump and used slave references to describe the how players are treated in the NFL. This move, straight out of the ESPN playbook, seemed really odd considering that FS1 has branded themselves as being everything that ESPN is not. However, considering that incident, in addition to the daily drum beat of liberal insanity coming from Shannon Sharpe; and one gets a pretty clear picture of why the network which branded itself as the alternative to ESPN, has suddenly become just like ESPN.

Still, these numbers are particularly disastrous for ESPN. Who, due to its ever shrinking subscriber base, will likely no longer be able to afford Monday Night Football after 2021. That will leave the self-described “Worldwide Leader in Sports,” without any broadcast partnership with the biggest sports league in the land.

Put this together with ESPN’s daily dosage of liberal activism, their disastrous handling of the Jemele Hill controversy, the Robert Lee fiasco, coupled with the likelihood that NFL games might soon disappear from their network; and it’s very hard to see why anyone will be watching the network in the next few years.

Of course, at the rate in which the NFL is alienating its fan base, there’s every chance that the NFL won’t be the biggest sport in the land in 2021. And that’s fine, ESPN and the NFL deserve each other.

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...subscribers-october/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Please God, make it so.

Let them realize how good they had it once it's gone.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Just so I'm clear on the Papa John thing:

They were never supportive of the kneeling and now are doubly against it based on sales trend data?

Or did they support the kneeling but with current sales trends they are prioritizing that and want the NFL to resolve in some manner that results in regaining sales?

If former, I'll go buy a pizza tonight. If latter, then I'll eat cup noodles.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Please God, make it so.

Let them realize how good they had it once it's gone.

This!!!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Just so I'm clear on the Papa John thing:

They were never supportive of the kneeling and now are doubly against it based on sales trend data?

Or did they support the kneeling but with current sales trends they are prioritizing that and want the NFL to resolve in some manner that results in regaining sales?

If former, I'll go buy a pizza tonight. If latter, then I'll eat cup noodles.

Because ratings are down, they are not getting as many views and I guess are surmizing that the people not watching football because of the kneeling are not buying pizza. If it were me I'd say its cause no one really watches much commericials these days even on a live game and the marketing "gurus" are just trying to save their job.

Regardless I think you should not buy a pizza and tell them you arent buying their pizza since they de-facto support the NFL's stance on kneeling for the anthem by remaining a sponsor. They are hurting, so a nice nudge will push them off the ledge and in turn cause more problems for teh NFL.

Feedback Form here:

http://www.papajohns.com/conta...ervice-feedback.html

If you get them or budweiser to pull-out the dominos will fall.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
A big thumbs up to the Cmdr. !

A disabled Navy veteran said Wednesday he declined to accept an award at a New Orleans Saints game due to the controversy over players protesting during the national anthem.

The Saints organization was going to honor retired Cmdr. John Wells, the executive director of Military Veterans Advocacy, with the Peoples Health Champion award during last week’s game in New Orleans, according to The Advocate.

He told the organization he was unable to accept the award at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome because of the anthem protests. Saints players have been seen kneeling before the anthem and some continue during the national anthem.

“Although I am touched and honored to be selected for such an award, the ongoing controversy with NFL players' disrespect for the national flag forces me to decline to participate in the presentation,” Wells said. "I am unable, in good conscience, to enter an NFL stadium while this discourtesy prevails. Since this award is tainted with the dishonorable actions of the NFL and its players, I cannot accept it.”

Wells served in the Navy from 1972 to 1994 and afterward became an attorney concentrating in military and veterans law, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune. He was set to receive the award given by Medicare to senior citizens who have made significant accomplishments.

The Saints said in a statement Thursday they were disappointed by Wells’ decision.

“We will not allow Mr. Wells' decision and subsequent media appearances to distract our players and organization from continuing to honor and support our military and veterans. We, as an organization, have decided to move on from this sad and divisive discourse and focus our attention on supporting our military and veterans.”

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/...anthem-protests.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The response from the Saints with their "this sad and divisive discourse" line is typical BS liberal projection.

The only "sad and divisive discourse" going on is their players disrespecting the Cmdr., the flag, and everyone else who believes in America.

I hope The NFL rots. Scumbags.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

Indeed!

quote:
The Saints said in a statement Thursday they were disappointed by Wells’ decision.

“We will not allow Mr. Wells' decision and subsequent media appearances to distract our players and organization from continuing to honor and support our military and veterans. We, as an organization, have decided to move on from this sad and divisive discourse and focus our attention on supporting our military and veterans.”

Wow. Just... wow. Talk about trying to turn something on its head.

Keep digging, NFL. Keep digging.

My wife and I had dinner with one of my best friends and his wife Wednesday evening. This guy is a BIG NHL and NFL fan. Well, used to be on that latter. I asked him "By the way: Watching any NFL football this season?" "Nope," he replied.

He normally throws a big Superbowl party at his place.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Keep digging, NFL. Keep digging.

completely agree. My wife and I were just taking this morning how odd it is that there was a game on last night and we didn't watch it or even care.

We were die hard NFL fans. We watched all day Sunday and all of the night games.

It's crazy, but we don't really miss it anymore. We've kind of forgotten that it's going on. Literally Sunday was the Browns game and then NFL RedZone on the TV all day.

When fans like us don't even notice it's gone, that's bad for business.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Same here.
We heard the Broncos lost to the Chiefs and my wife and I looked at each other and said we didn't even know they were playing.

Ha!

We haven't had any sports on TV this fall whatsoever.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

“We will not allow Mr. Wells' decision and subsequent media appearances to distract our players and organization from continuing to honor and support our military and veterans.

Yeah, like it's the VETERAN's fault. . . Roll Eyes

quote:
We, as an organization, have decided to move on from this sad and divisive discourse and focus our attention on supporting our military and veterans.”

Actions speak louder than words, chowderhead.

Oh, and who CAUSED the 'sad and divisive' discourse? Look in the mirror.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:

A disabled Navy veteran said Wednesday he declined to accept an award at a New Orleans Saints game due to the controversy over players protesting during the national anthem.

The Saints organization was going to honor retired Cmdr. John Wells, the executive director of Military Veterans Advocacy, with the Peoples Health Champion award during last week’s game in New Orleans, according to The Advocate.

He told the organization he was unable to accept the award at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome because of the anthem protests. Saints players have been seen kneeling before the anthem and some continue during the national anthem.

“Although I am touched and honored to be selected for such an award, the ongoing controversy with NFL players' disrespect for the national flag forces me to decline to participate in the presentation,” Wells said. "I am unable, in good conscience, to enter an NFL stadium while this discourtesy prevails. Since this award is tainted with the dishonorable actions of the NFL and its players, I cannot accept it.”

Wells served in the Navy from 1972 to 1994 and afterward became an attorney concentrating in military and veterans law, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune. He was set to receive the award given by Medicare to senior citizens who have made significant accomplishments.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/...anthem-protests.html

Choad huffer. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Adam Schefter
26 mins Facebook Mentions

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Texans owner Bob McNair, amongst others, will be deposed and asked to turn over all cell phone records and emails in relation to the Colin Kaepernick collusion case against the NFL, a league source confirmed. Others owners, teams and league officials also will be deposed, but those individuals have been confirmed for now.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
Adam Schefter
26 mins Facebook Mentions

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Texans owner Bob McNair, amongst others, will be deposed and asked to turn over all cell phone records and emails in relation to the Colin Kaepernick collusion case against the NFL, a league source confirmed. Others owners, teams and league officials also will be deposed, but those individuals have been confirmed for now.

Is it collusion if one billionaire calls another and asks "should I hire this guy?" And the other says "fuck no!"?

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
OMG you mean that "Phone a Friend" was collusion and in fact, nefarious?

Regis how could you?!?!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9158 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yeah, this will make Kaepernick real popular

http://nypost.com/2017/11/03/n...icks-collusion-case/

The Cowboys’ Jerry Jones, the Patriots’ Robert Kraft and the Texans’ Bob McNair will be deposed and asked to turn over all cellphone records and emails in relation to Kaepernick’s accusation, ESPN.com reported. They are not the only ones who will be under scrutiny, but are the only ones confirmed at this point.

The 49ers quarterback-turned-NFL martyr is charging that NFL teams, in “calculated coordination” with President Trump, blackballed him from the league after he became the face of the NFL anthem protests, which he started to fight against racial inequality.

Kaepernick opted out of his 49ers contract this offseason and has yet to get significant interest from teams, despite being more talented than are a handful of those currently employed.

owners need to fire Goodell. Get an ass kicker to replace him.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
yeah, this will make Kaepernick real popular

If he had two functioning neurons to rub together he'd have STFU. Instead he's making things worse for himself. Idiot's too st00pid to realize he's now poison. That any team that signed him on now would see their fan base shrink to non-existence.

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The Cowboys’ Jerry Jones, the Patriots’ Robert Kraft and the Texans’ Bob McNair will be deposed and asked to turn over all cellphone records and emails in relation to Kaepernick’s accusation, ESPN.com reported.

If any of them put anything incriminating in email they'll have deserved what they get. I'm guessing they'll be nothing to see, not only because the owners are smarter than that, but because there was no collusion all along.

As for cell phone records: What's up with that? So they talked to one another. Who's to say what about? Who's to say they even recall?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Every owner, vendor, pizza joint owner and anyone else that has lost revenue over this kneeling BS that he started should file a personal lawsuit against him to recover their losses. They probably wouldn't win but he would go broke defending himself.