SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Women's world cup 2019
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women's world cup 2019 Login/Join 
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
Whether she's benched or not, and whether they win or not, these women will fade into nothingness within a few weeks.

Anyone heard from Mia Hamm lately? Abby Wambach? Brandi Chastain?

Who?

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

quote:
Actively cheer AGAINST the US in an international competition?? you gotta be kidding me!
Not kidding at all. When a team is as disrespectful of the country its supposed to represent as this team is, they neither get my respect or support. And after all, its fricking women's soccer.

Indeed. Screw the whole lot of them. I'd liked to see them all stomped into oblivion; defeated so humiliatingly that they never dare show their faces on a soccer field again. And I was originally a defender in this thread of the women's soccer team.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Update:

Netherlands beat Sweden 1-0

It's all set - USA vs Netherland on Sunday for the finals.

GO USA!!!

Impressive culture and opponent:

Approximately 4.5 million of the 16.8 million people in the Netherlands are registered to one of the 35,000 sports clubs in the country. About two-thirds of the population between 15 and 75 participates in sports weekly.[243]

Football is the most popular participant sport in the Netherlands, before field hockey and volleyball as the second and third most popular team sports. Tennis, gymnastics and golf are the three most widely engaged in individual sports.[244]

Organisation of sports began at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century. Federations for sports were established (such as the speed skating federation in 1882), rules were unified and sports clubs came into existence. A Dutch National Olympic Committee was established in 1912.

Thus far, the nation has won 266 medals at the Summer Olympic Games and another 110 medals at the Winter Olympic Games. In international competition, Dutch national teams and athletes are dominant in several fields of sport.

The Netherlands women's field hockey team is The most successful team in World Cup history. The Netherlands baseball team have won the European championship 20 times out of 32 events. Dutch K-1 kickboxers have won the K-1 World Grand Prix 15 times out of 19 tournaments.
LINK

International sporting is for the glory of sport and the honor of representing one's country.

Go Netherlands!

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
life's too short to be pissed off all the time because someone said something you don't agree with. and you can't let others ruin something you would otherwise enjoy. and if you hate soccer anyway - why are you even in this thread ???

It’s waaaaay simpler than that. Sports and entertainment are supposed to be fun and dare I say...entertaining. When people make it political, it takes the fun out of it. As such, it’s no longer fun and I take my time and money elsewhere. I can’t get behind this team because they’re making it political. If they were saying they wouldn’t accept an invite from Obama I’d feel the same way.

Go to the White House, meet the President and be an adult. If you want to be an activist, I’ve got other shit to watch.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
life's too short to be pissed off all the time because someone said something you don't agree with. and you can't let others ruin something you would otherwise enjoy. and if you hate soccer anyway - why are you even in this thread ???

It’s waaaaay simpler than that. Sports and entertainment are supposed to be fun and dare I say...entertaining. When people make it political, it takes the fun out of it. As such, it’s no longer fun and I take my time and money elsewhere. I can’t get behind this team because they’re making it political. If they were saying they wouldn’t accept an invite from Obama I’d feel the same way.

Go to the White House, meet the President and be an adult. If you want to be an activist, I’ve got other shit to watch.

Agree 100 percent! Well put.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
why are you even in this thread ???

Our little narcissists have the right to speak and I have the right to say what I think about it.

The coaches and team members have allowed this team to be poisoned. I hope they choke on it.

They are setting US women's international soccer back many years.

posted Hide Post
buncha purse swinging old geezers in this thread who couldn't run around the block without having an MI criticizing a US women's team

you sure showed them

on a more patriotic note:

GO USA !

USA ! USA ! USA !

'Merica

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
buncha purse swinging old geezers in this thread who couldn't run around the block without having an MI criticizing a US women's team

Nobody is arguing the team's athletic ability. Some of us here think manners and loyalty to country are more important, especially when the team purports to represent our country.

Is that all you've got - name-calling and fat-shaming?

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

you sure showed them

on a more patriotic note:

GO USA !

USA ! USA ! USA !

'Merica

-----------------------------
Again...I submit to you a cursory review of the movie "Miracle" is in order for comparative purposes. Like Herknav said...not questioning or criticizing their athletic ability in the least. I question and criticize their decision-making abilities about life away from the field, which doesn't impress me thus far. When some of the players have acted with the infantile egomania with which they have acted, I don't feel a sense of Patriotism for what they represent. I can generate enough Patriotism for the USA on my own without this team and their overt lack of respect for the government of this great nation.

You see my sentiment of this entire subject, to include the sport itself, echoed by Morgan on the previous page (8). I sincerely hope you enjoy the game and it's great you're into the sport! To each his own, eh? I believe that's what Makes America Great... [thumbs up]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Let's go Netherlands!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Go Netherlands!

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's do this one for the old red white and blue.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
buncha purse swinging old geezers in this thread who couldn't run around the block without having an MI ...

We don't have blocks where I live, but I'm pretty sure, old geezer or not, I could run around one w/o suffering an MI.

In fact I suspect I'm in better condition than most guys half my age, or younger.

quote:
... criticizing a US women's team

If they're deserving of it, they get it.

My wife is Dutch, loves America as her second country (just as I love the Netherlands as my second country), and thinks Trump is doing a bang-up job. Our new next door neighbour is Bulgarian and is quite possibly more pro-U.S. than me. Both of them had this to say about the U.S. Women's soccer team: They're poor sportsmen. They're arrogant and they reflect poorly on the U.S.

Best thing that could happen to that team is to lose to the Netherlands and their team captain be given the boot. Maybe then, next time, they'd come back a bit more humble and a bit more respectful of their country.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
Whether she's benched or not, and whether they win or not, these women will fade into nothingness within a few weeks.

Anyone heard from Mia Hamm lately? Abby Wambach? Brandi Chastain?

Who?

Roll Eyes

Never gets old.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Update:

USA Mens team beat Jamaica 3-1 last night.

Setting up a USA vs Mexico final Sunday night.

So Sunday we have both national teams playing in the finals.

WWC: USA vs Netherlands

Gold Cup: USA vs Mexico

GO USA!!!
GO USA!!!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY SIGFORUM!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
This thread keeps me thinking about the Homer Simpson line about the WNBA... (laughing)"Woman, playing basketball... and nobody watching" (/laughing) Big Grin

Sports are meant to be a distraction, but some people can't help but drag other things into it, the very things we're looking for the distraction from. Frown

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I think if the truth ever came out, we'd find that Rapinoe TOLD Jill Ellis she was sitting out the England match. She knows her body well enough to realize playing in the England game would keep her out of the final.

She's not going to miss that final for anything since she will hog the spotlight if they win (regardless of how well she plays) and cement her darling status from the fawning MSM.

If they had lost to England the MSM story would have been, "Wah! If only poor injured Megan Rapinoe had played we'd have won."

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Here's a prediction from one wheezin' geezer:

Whether this team takes the top trophy or not, they have already done enough to remain losers.

Endorsements and acclaim, the things they seek, depend on what the general public perceives.

Losers.

posted Hide Post
quote:

you sure showed them

Wow, you really take pride in being willfully ignorant.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

you sure showed them-

So we can't criticize America-haters if they are more fit than we are?

Yeah, that makes sense. Hop on over to the Nike thread and tell them why we shouldn't criticize colon kapernick, while you're at it. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post