SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
So when are you hosting the Sigforum cigar party?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to host it. I need some of you to come over and thin the herd a bit. You bring the ribs.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
That I can do.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Great googly moogly!!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Winding down the weekend.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Here we go.

Well?

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Well, about 10 minutes into it, the kids got bored. So I ended up Shooting bb guns then getting the grill set up and dinner cooking. I didnt get to really sit and pick out flavors. The first 3rd was all cocoa and coffee with a cocoa and light pepper retro, i know there was a smooth creaminess to it and the last 3rd was all that and a pepper bomb. I need to smoke another for a better review. Perfect burn despite the stuff going on. Totally worth it.

posted Hide Post
LOL, pretty good review. Sounds delicious. I'm breaking my box open this week (or maybe for long weekend coming up).

Have a great week everyone.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
that humidor is incredible!

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Gerry, I bow in awe. That is amazing!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
Gerry, I bow in awe. That is amazing!

Thanks so much. I think I am really going to enjoy it once I get everything dialed in and calibrated. It is a beautiful piece.

I need to start smoking some.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
This was last night's selection from a friend's humidor:

Oliva Serie G Churchill. Upon first light and draw, it was a pretty bold slap in the face. I thought it was going to stay pretty stout like the My Father Le Bijou 1922, but it mellowed out after the first 1/4. Still a little full bodied than I prefer, but it was a smooth smoke.

In re: gnut's humidor...
OK, gnut. I'm just gonna say that is one B-E-A-Utiful piece of furniture you have there. Yeah...color me envious. Smile Is it just me, or did anyone else get a warm and fuzzy in their nether region looking at those pics? Eek TMI??? Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gerry...holy fuu...uudge!!! One question though. 56°?

I'm smoking a Nat Sherman Habano tonight. Too mild for me with mellow flavors too. It is decent though through the first half.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by petr:
Gerry...holy fuu...uudge!!! One question though. 56°?

56 was the RH level it was reading on the digital readout when I took the pic. Currently, I've got each side set to a RH level of 58, the lowest setting. The digital readers are going to need adjusting.

I've got 4 caliber IV hygrometers that have been calibrated sat in various places throughout, and they are reading between 64 and 77, with the lowest settings at the top. This is backwards according to the owners manual as the top is supposed to achieve higher levels as compared to the bottom. I need to figure this phenomenon out. Nothing is blocking the airflow.

It's a set and learn. I'm leaving the doors closed for 24 hours so it can regulate, and if the digital readers need adjusting to reflect the actual levels, I can adjust and calibrate +/- to 6 points.

posted Hide Post
I see the picture next to the readout now. Once you get it set you shouldn't have to mess with it. I am loving my Humicare Oasis in my humidor. Just add water when it gets low.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I added a fan that runs constantly to distribute the humidity all the time. I could have plugged it in to run only when the unit runs but I am so full I need circulation.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I had an oasis but it got too humid in my wineador. I removed the bottom portion of it so now its just a fan i keep at the mid level. I bought 2 1/2 lb bags of heartfelt beads and i keep one at the top and one at the bottom. I have the same problem as Gerry. It stays 68 at the bottom and 65 at the top. The middle stays at 65 as well. I set the oasis to 70rh so the fan never stops.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Looks like something is happening at the SNS website, its down currently. This umbagog tastes like a larger more mild liga9 with some of the papas fritas mixed in.

posted Hide Post
Mine fluctuates between 66 and 70 depending on the weather. I wonder if the refrigeration comes into play at all?

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Temp does affect humidity. The higher the temp the more moisture the air can hold. The main reason i switched from desktop style humidors was temp flux, my house in the summer gets up to 76 while we are at work and my humidors were climbing up to 76 as well.