SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Instant karma Chach. Send me an email and ill send you some nice mild smokes.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the offers and advice, I'll check out the ones suggested. Ronin and Jay, you have email inbound.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Chach,

e-mail received, will put something in the mail this week. BTW, the cigar store you mentioned seems pretty nifty. (based on their website). http://www.briarpatch.biz/

My advice would be to go there, buy a cigar and sit and hangout. Just watch for a while and figure out who the main players are; approach them when they are not busy -

I did this at my local B&M some years ago and have learned so much by just listening. Best to you!

The fact that they carry Ashton, Drew Estate, Ilusione, La Aurora, Padron, and Tatuaje are very good signs.

Also, don't feel like you need to jump right in and buy a humidor too. A zip lock bag with a humidipac can be just as good (and cheaper!)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see a few of us fellas compile a bit of a list of what I would call, super premium smokes. The ones above just normal "everyday smokes". First, because I am interested in seeing what people like without reading all 86 pages, but secondly because i'd like to branch out a little. I'll start with some of my most favorites right now and in no particular order:

Basically anything from Liga Privada line, love the papas fritas, #9, UF13 and Ferral Flying Pig are my favorites.

Padron 1964/1926 anniversary.

Tatuaje 10 year anniversary Miami: a little less bold than I typically like, but still great and powerful flavor.

Oliva V
Oliva O Maduro
Camacho Triple Maduro
Nub Habanno
Arturo Fuente Hemingway/Don Carlos and Opus X.

What say you?

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
As summer closes in I am reorganizing my setup. Just a random pic, thought I would share.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Are those your "pending to be smoked" cigars?

I am having a Las Calaveras from last year. Still a very good cigar. Looking forward to this years release.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm saving the two Padron 50th's for something big. The Opus X's will be gone eventually.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Ill post some of my Favorites,
Perdomo Edicion de silvio, Champagne Noir and Sun grown.
Liga UF-13 #9 and papas fritas
Opusx, Anejo, though i think they are over priced.
One of the aging rooms was fantastic, The 455 I think.
Padron 50th Anniversary, and the #50 they made for the 50th.
And for 5$(or less) My Uzi weighs a ton are really good.
One that I feel stands above the rest is the Perdomo 12 year maduro.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Nice 80° morning here. Truck passed inspection and mower is working. Decided it called for a Man o War Virtue. This and a CAO America are my go to smokes.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure that I have a premium cigar that I like better than an average cigar. Don't get me wrong, the Opus X is smooth, but I think the CLE Cuarrenta is just as smooth, has better flavors and costs less. There are not many premium smokes I give the nod of approval to, only because I feel they are over priced. They are good but not worth it. Liga Privada UF13 dark is a primary example. It is good, but not $17 worth of good. With that being said, here is my list of everyday smokes at a decent price point that I feel you get more bang for the buck.

La Gloria Cubana Serie N $5.00
CAO Flathead Sparkplug $7.50
CLE Cuarenta 11/18 $7.50
Diesel Shorty (aged) $4.50
Man O War Ruination $10.00
Man O War Virtue $10.00
My Father le Bijiou $7.00
My Father No.1 $10.00
Oliva V Nub $10.00
Tatuaje Almost all of them $7-$12.00
CI Blend Lab YH-456 $5.00
CI Blend Lab KK-4560 $5.00

The one that I have found to be the best bang for the buck is the Asylum Schizo for $2.00 each in the robusto size. It smokes more like a $4-$5.00 stick. I am anxious to get my hands on a new maduro that is to be released soon.

If you are looking for a great smoke regardless of the price, this is my list

Liga Privada UF13 dark $17.00
Opus X $12-$40.00
Destino Siglo mi Amor $18.00
Fuente Anejo Shark $16.00
Undercrown A $??.??
Don Pepin 10th Anniversary If you can find them

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Petr, I've found I prefer a mid range cigar more frequently than a high end less often. I definitely have a lot lower standard than many here... Everything you mentioned would be on my "go-to" list (some I haven't tried). I'd add the Xikar cigars, most Perdomos, Camachos and most Room 101s. I really can't afford the higher end gars ($8-$40 dollar range gars) too often.

Things have been pretty shitty of late, and to make matters worse I haven't been able to smoke too many gars. Last Monday I smoked a LFD Double Ligero with my brother (it was a sympathy cigar so one of my better cigars). On Friday I was able to smoke a Don Pepin Blue Label, but other than that I've not smoked anything...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
If you watch the CI and cigar.com daily deals or cigarsprintsale.com you can get diesels and Man o War for less than $5/each.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Ive stopped watching those deals, my wallet has been really thankful lol. I decided (and did a little math) that buying them in person (if its not a free shipping deal) is only a couple bucks more than buying from CI. Plus i like to walk around the giant humidor and pick random smokes i havent tried yet.

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Im racking my brain here, what is CLE?

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Christian Eiroa's line of cigars. He used to roll Camacho until Davidoff bought them. Now, Camacho is not that great of a stick. The old blends are much better but getting hard to find. My phone won't copy the right link. Go to cigarsinternational.com and enter cle in the search

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting outside smoking a Man O War Virtue that had 5 months of age on it. Quite tasty!

posted Hide Post
Lee is right, you can get some great sticks cheap when they are on sale. I am fortunate enough to live close to CI so I can get the same deal with free shipping all the time. It just costs 30 miles round trip worth of diesel.

posted Hide Post
Goat, I have been in the same situation where money is tight. I too had to cut back on cigar purchases and enjoyed the ones I had on hand or only purchased one at a time. It will get better. Maybe I can get a 5er together for you on Friday.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Goat, I have been in the same situation where money is tight. I too had to cut back on cigar purchases and enjoyed the ones I had on hand or only purchased one at a time. It will get better. Maybe I can get a 5er together for you on Friday.

Petr, I wasn't meaning that I can't buy gars, just that I watch for the deals on ci, cigar.com, Jr, and Cbid to get many of the cigars mentioned at a good price. I try to keep my threshold around $4 a stick for online buying, but if I was going into a b&m (which I really enjoy) Id be spending much more. I was trying to comment on the high quality gars that many here smoke... I've had a tat 10th, a Padron, and a handful of Ashton's but I'd rather smoke a couple of something with my brother and dad then have one of a $10ish to $20ish dollars from my b&m by myself or with a stranger. I obviously didn't convey what I was trying to say well...

As for things being shitty, my knee is still fucked up, and there isn't really an end in sight. I was offered something different by a large manufacturing business that's local in case I can't physically do this anymore.. It's nice to know something else is out there, but I still really enjoy what I'm doing. Also last week, a guy I've known for some time (we grew up together and went to the same church as kids and his family is good friends with my brother's family was shot and killed along with his 11 year old daughter (who was in the same class as my nephew). It was totally random. I'm on my phone so I can't link to it, but if you google Menasha, WI trestle trail it will come up.. The last couple of weeks are just killing me.. Feeling beat up and tired... That's all I was trying to express.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! I am sorry for your loss.

I know what you mean by buying more than one cigar for the price of some of the premium sticks. I do the same thing. Keep your chin up and if I can do anything at all to help, my email is in My profile.