SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Your welcome Matt, glad you enjoyed that one.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed a Feral Flying Pig on the back porch with my dad last night. I can usually snag a couple of those from my B&M every year. If you've never had one, you need to.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Hey John,

Glad that you enjoyed that Feral, it is one of my favorite Drew Estate smokes from their Unico line.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
It's a treat for sure!! I've loved everything from the Unico Line except for the T-52, which was like smoking a ball of dirt in my opinion.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I have only tried the UF13s and the Papas fritas, both are fantastic, I'm surprised that the t52s arent as good, maybe they were aged too long? The B&M has had some in stock since the DE event in january and I've been tempted on several occasions to give them a go. As of right now though I am hooked on the hand rolled they have in the store, its cool to watch your smoke being rolled before you smoke it, plus they are really good smokes, everyone in the store was smoking one saturday morning.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Something new tonight, a La Aurora maduro, I'm not familar with the brand, other than they are Dominican, just lit it up but so far so good.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been a little while since I posted here. I really have not had the opportunity to kick back and light one up. I did however smoke a La Historia El Senador, Cigar Aficionados #2 cigar, I think. They are medium to full bodied. $7.45 stick that had some decent flavors and a smoothness to it. The burn was fairly straight for being outdoors with a breeze blowing. I was picking up hints of sweetness and coffee. Not really a chocolate flavor or molasses, but maybe a sugar sweetness. I had a month of age on it in my humidor and I may pick up a few more of these as they were priced decently. I would definitely recommend these to try if you have not already.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not...it snowed yesterday. Only a coating so I didn't have to do anything with it. Today, however, was 52* and sunny so after work and supper, I putzed around the yard doing much of nothing but enjoying a La Gloria Cubana Serie N. These are getting even better as they age. Going towards a Diesel Shorty in flavor profile.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
60 degrees out tonight. Trying an Onyx on the deck. Spring may actually appear in Wisconsin.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My Undercrown gran toro order just arrived yesterday. Got 10 for $50 on the sprintsale. Can't wait to light up!

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thats a good price, I am not buying and kind of cutting back on smokes until the Texas cigar fest, Serious cigars has their employees in different manufacturer's warehouses posting pics on FB of the Cigar fest only stuff. Saving my money to get some goodies. Plus I get 60 smokes for buying a ticket. Gotta make room in the humidor.

ETA: Speaking of which, anything to look out for? Anything you guys might want me try and get for you?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jaywendland1981,

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Going to a Perdomo Event tonight. I'm not a great Perdomo mind so not sure what I should look for. The Midwest terrortory rep, Matthew Dufraine, will be here - All I know is that they will have the new 2005 Small Batch Connecticut. (which I've never tried)

Any opinions?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The small batch connecticut was pretty good, i paired it with some scotch though so hard to tell for sure, might have been mediocre. I'd go for an Edicion de silvio maduro. Full flavored pepper bomb with lots of good flavors.

Also the Champagne sun grown, and champagne Noir are really good. Lot 23 maduro is also good, and pretty cheap. My humidors are full of perdomos though.

posted Hide Post
I've become a fan of Perdomos. The 10th anniversary sticks are excellent...but hard to find. I am really enjoying Habano Maduros. The Habano Connecticuts are a pleasant surprise: the first few puffs draw hard and are pretty bland. As it burns it improves until it has a very smooth full flavor at the end and leaves a really pleasant after taste. I need to make a run to my LCS: I'm out of both.

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The 10th anniversary line was rebranded as champagne. I really like the Noir/maduro (though its a dark Connecticut and not really a maduro) and the sun grown.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I do enjoy the Champaign, but did not pick any of those up at this event. Instead I bought a couple of their 20th Anniversary, a few of the small batch, and two of their Perdomo edicion de silvios.

These silvios were more than I would have wanted to pay for sticks that I am not familiar with, but the guys were snapping them up and asking if the rep brought any full boxes. Figured I better channel my inner-lemming and give em a shot.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Another one you will be chasing! That usually happens to me. Everyone says "this is the greatest" only to find out they are a limited run and this is the last box in existence!

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The 2oth anniversary are good and are supposed to be a permanent addition to their offerings, so is the Edicion de silvio, they are pricey though, I found a deal not too long ago, box of 10 toros for 105$ so i bought 3. They have a couple left, http://www.atlanticcigar.com/c...dicion-De-Silvio.asp

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
On the porch with a CAO America. So smooth and creamy with enough spice to keep you interested. The Potomac size is perfect and you can get them under $5 each.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
A late night Oliva Nub maduro and a glass of 4 Roses Single Barrel.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post