SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by md-lucky:
Gentlemen,

Thank you all so much for your well wishes and positive thoughts. I am extremely excited to say that after a small negotiation, I was offered the position.

I truly wish I could say more, but with the way the political climate is it is difficult to get into any situation where a simple internet post could impact your career. Needless to say, I am honored and thrilled for the opportunity.

My new position involves international travels... so who knows what may find its way back from abroad as far as cigars go...

So thank you all for your thoughts: a toast to you: I sincerely appreciate the good karma and well wishes.

Thank you.

Congrats! Cool

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
La sirena. Its like a milder, smoother yellow rose. Lots of good flavors and complexity. If you can find the original broadleaf wrapper they are all aged quite a bit. Im ordering a box or 2. I think a smaller ring gauge would give more wrapper flavor.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Another La Careme tonight. Just as good as the first one I tried. For less than $9 it's a really nice (albeit too short) smoke.

I agree that things drop off at $12 or so. I think Hemingway's are as food as most Cuban's I've smoked. Opus X is always a nice treat and I pay about $18 for them when my shop has them in stock.

Most of the $14 sticks I've had wee not as good as the one I'm smoking right now.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Wife said she wanted to pick my cigar tonight.

Of course... she pulls out the top shelf of the wineador and selects this:

LFD The Cigar Formally Known As "M."

I'm told it's "pretty."

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Just fired up a CLE prieto. Hoping for more of that broadleaf flavor. The wrapper on this one is really rustic, veiny. It doesn't have the metallic mineral specs like the other broadleaf smokes, the wrapper also looks kind of dryish.

First light is mostly rich tobacco flavor with just a hint of cocoa and pepper. A metallic after taste. Its not very smooth, a little harsh. The ash dropped on its own after about half an inch. So far not impressed.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
This smoke was trying too hard to be a La Careme. The flavors intensified a bit halfway in, it has a great aroma to it but it was very 1 dimensional and a little harsh. Burn was great, draw was great, flavors were a miss. Not bad but theres better broadleaf smokes for the price. It got peppery at the nub but by then I was done. Ill age the other 2 and revisit later.

posted Hide Post
Damn Jay, I'm sorry. While they are one dimensional, I think they are a good blend of flavors, nothing tries to stand out. On my palette, these are pure.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
It did have a great aroma and aftertaste. The La careme is a similar price and loads more flavor. Some age might treat them well. It wasn't a bad smoke. No harm in tryinga few.

On the menu tonight.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
That's a great broadleaf smoke Jay.

I had an Ashton vsg last night as part of the blind pass reviews. It was not to my liking. Blind I thought it was pretty bad

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of those ashtons in the humidor and an esg. What was bad about it.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Sweet, it reminded me of chewing tobacco, at one point I had dry ashy sort of finish. I have just gotten over a head cold some my taste buds may be out of whack. I sort of reinforced my tendencies to not smoke Dominican cigars. There are a few exceptions.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Yep. I stay away from Dominican and Cameroon. Only exception so far has been the Don Carlos, and its a cameroon wrapper with all Dominican filler.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Good info on the Padron 50th...

I thought for sure that I had one left from the first box, but nope. No "red" numbers, just 3 left from the first refill.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com...k-vs-black-ink-19226

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Todays package.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Awesome delivery Jay. RA's are my favorite, especially the RASS. Enjoy one for me! I miss it....had to quit a couple of months ago for medical reasons.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Nice haul Jay!

These showed up today:

I overpaid by about $10 on CogarBid. The very next day after I won SmallBatch had them in stock and at a much better price. Oh well.

Here's tonight's relax time:

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
New Tats are in! I'm smoking a 2003 right now, excellent!

I know I am missing one of the Skinny Monsters, need to figure out which one and make my box whole again.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Damn!!! Baller. That whole box is Broadleaf isnt it? Wait? Did you buy that huge box of Tats or is that on display at your BM? Too bad Serious did not get one of those displays.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
LOL!

No I did not buy the whole box, but I wish I could!!! Yes they are all broadleaf, the one I am smoking right now is worth every penny!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The entire box is $1,200 even though they have two bands even Ronin has limits. I believe Confused

Jay newhavanacigars has a sampler you get 1 of each size 10 cigars for $120

Me I'm holding out for the summer they are sending out 10 cnt boxes of each stick. I want the broadleaf especiale (lancero) bad! They had an early release in the fall I had a 10 pack of the especiale in my cart and tried to check out and they disappeared.

Chi Chi, get the yayo