SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Without looking, is JR Cigar in the CLT area?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
The Tinderbox at Southpark Mall is your best bet. Great lounge too.

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

What Jeff said. Ronin, would try to meet up with you but I'm headed to India tonight and won't be back just yet.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the recommendation guys, likely this is where I will end up.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Nice Gator!

I just smoked one of those this afternoon! The PB5 is definately one of my favorite sticks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Monte #4 this morning, it was plugged. Managed to get it smokeable. Cuban consistency is terrible. All my cohibas have been perfect though. So for my next cuban order anyone have suggestions for sticks that are more consistent? Looking for a smooth morning smoke.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking for a smooth morning smoke.

Jay,

Jeff Yarchin has me hooked on the Ramon Allones as a morning coffee smoke. They never let me down.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Looking for a smooth morning smoke.

Jay,

Jeff Yarchin has me hooked on the Ramon Allones as a morning coffee smoke. They never let me down.

Ramone Allones Specially Selected is the Robusto and if time is limited go for the Ramon Allones Small Club Corona.

Another great option is the Por Laranaga Petite Corona.

Jay, in all my years of smoking Cuban's I have never had a clogged RA. I can't say that about Monte. Apples and oranges regarding how many are produced. RA is produced in much smaller quantities...less construction issues evidenced by my experiences.

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sitting here in London Heathrow airport headed to Mumbai. Just came out of the smokes store. Nice selection of Cubans but the prices...

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I'll give to RAs a shot next order.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm battling a sinus infection but sitting at CI smoking a Blend Lab PH-652. These are supposedly rolled by A.J. Fernandez and are a great stick. My intentions were to try and get tickets for Cigar fest, but I failed...for now!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Long week. Had another 3 1 hour interviews. I think I'm into this job application about 14 hours worth of interviews and presentations. Maybe Monday. I hope.

Winding down tonight with an Alec Bradley Vandal Black Market.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck md

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
That is funny Gator. The manager at my B&M 'hates' anything infused, to the point where he will leave the shop for lunch if someone purchases and then lights up an Acid while he is there.

To add:

At 5k+ posts, the cigar thread is the most active thread on the whole forum!

Minus the cat thread of course!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Quick traveling question -

Figured I'd bring a couple of sticks with me, "just in case".

For those of you who fly often, think I'll have any issues:

- Carrying on a zippo type lighter <not a torch>
- Carrying on a cheap plastic cutter?

I'm thinking I may throw a 'punch' and long wooden cigar matches in my bag just in case.

Thoughts?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I carry a punch even if I have to punch a larger ring gauge twice.

I pack a soft flame if I go to a lounge I use their torch.

I pack these in a carry on.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Smoking a cigar with 2 bands this morning. Don carlos personal reserve.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Ok. I am on a Connecticut broadleaf wrapper kick. So far I am buying more Texas rose, another box of La careme, TAA 2015 and some Roma craft Cro magnon. What else should I get? I am buying another humidor and I am going to fill it with broadlead maduro.