SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Quick traveling question -

Figured I'd bring a couple of sticks with me, "just in case".

For those of you who fly often, think I'll have any issues:

- Carrying on a zippo type lighter <not a torch>
- Carrying on a cheap plastic cutter?

I'm thinking I may throw a 'punch' and long wooden cigar matches in my bag just in case.

Thoughts?

Hi Ronin,

I fly every week. I keep a cutter in my checked luggage, and have never had a problem with it.

Technically you can carry a cutter in your carry on baggage also. However, you might get slowed down by TSA depending on where you are flying out of... You might spend an extra 2 minutes explaining to them that it is allowed. For that reason, I would probably just keep a cheapo that you are willing to part with if you are running late through security.

You shouldn't have any problems with the Zippo lighter. Torches (and their fuel) are an absolute no go.

Hopefully you are headed somewhere fun!

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin tried the limitada it's good I like it I'll enjoy the rest of these.

Jay
DE LP
My favs
Tatuaje Fausto Avion
Tatuaje reserva
Tatuaje la Riqueza great cigar should be in the $8 range. This may not have the complexity of some higher priced cigars but it's core flavor profile is dominated by broadleaf.

Crowned Heads TAA 2016 if you can find them.

Herrera Estelli TAA emerson's has both Tatuaje and HE TAA 5 packs for sale

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
That is funny Gator. The manager at my B&M 'hates' anything infused, to the point where he will leave the shop for lunch if someone purchases and then lights up an Acid while he is there.

To add:

At 5k+ posts, the cigar thread is the most active thread on the whole forum!

Minus the cat thread of course!

What is his favorite stick? I have nothing against infused, as I started with them. I just want to add more ideas into my "must try" list.

Posts: 7444 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nismo
Cigar tastes are very subjective. Do you like mild medium or full flavors ? What do you currently smoke?

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Awesome Gator. That La riqueza sounds exactly like what i am looking for. My humidor search turned into something more than i expected. The mrs had found me a humidor for my birthday when i talked to her about it and now it looks like ill be getting something like this.

Whynter CHC-251S Stainless Steel Cigar Cooler Humidor, 2.5 Cubic Feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K...cp_apa_Mt6LybTD3VADK

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
FYI as a PSA new Havana cigar has a special on some tatuaje seconds right now.

The owners of new Havana are friends with the Johnson's.
http://www.newhavanacigars.com

Create a log in, sign in and look for member deals. The NHC house cigars are Tatuaje blends made for them. In the member area they have NHC ELO 10 pack for $87 free shipping. They don't come out and say they are tats but they say they are from "their favorite source". They were rolled in 2015 and are limited in qty.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Super Bowl setup.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jay, CLE Connecticut is quite tasty.

http://www.cigarsinternational...143/cle-connecticut/

Hard to believe that this "bad" habit has this many posts!

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Nicest day we've had all week--little wind. Went out back and lit an LP #9. I got a badly rolled one once and made a remark in this thread about it. Luckily, I had a few more. It's probably my favorite cigar and every one I've had since has been perfect; this one was no exception.

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I have had the CLE Connecticut it is quite tasty for a mild smoke. I was looking for Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapped smokes however. Keep the suggestion coming though.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Second course-

It is the Year of the Monkey after all!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Let's go Falcons bring this home!

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thinking of you Gator. You must be losing your freaking mind right now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestion petr. I haven't tried one yet but its going on my list. Anyone else try one? Looks like CI is sold out of singles with only boxes in a few sizes left.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Super bowl smoke a nice Flathead Steel Horse 6.5 by 62 Maduro that burns great, nice smooth taste, no heat down to the nub

Posts: 24233 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jay, I have had them and they are great cigars. If you check their webpage, you can locate a dealer local to you.
https://clecigars.com/

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Serious cigars has them, fully stocked, I made a pretty big order, and ordered a 100ct humidor today too. After reading reviews I decided against the Wineador and just went with a Cuban Crafters humidor. Gonna let the mrs, forget about the 50 smokes and humidor for a couple weeks then order some more.

posted Hide Post
Found a cigar shop and lounge nearby for when i am on call at work. Currently enjoying a Gurkha Seduction.

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
RA Club Allones EL 2015 for 162$ shipped. Good deal or not?