SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I do not know anything about Punch cigars.

CI offers 2nd's, over runs, and knock offs. Stay far away from the knock offs as they are no where near the quality or flavor of an original. The over runs I do not have any experience with. Why would they not just sell them as a normal cigar? The 2nd's however, one of the best deals out there. I have smoked quite a few of them and they are terrific. Depending on the bundle you buy, you can compare them to the 1st's on the shelf in the boxes.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thx. I may give a bundle of the Oliva 2nds a try

Posts: 283 | Registered: December 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have purchased about a half a dozen packs of RP seconds from CI over the years with little complaint.

Of all those sticks, a few did burn a little unevenly and one totally unwrapped itself while I was smoking it.

For the price and the quality of the RP 2nd's (and probably other's), I think it is a good value.

Rob

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Re: Haveme. I have not been impressed with Punch cigars. I have purchased a few 5-packs on sale and can't remember one that stood out.

I have never tried the CI seconds either.

I got home tonight and tried the first of a ten-pack sampler that I got in Orlando a few months ago. It was an Alec Bradley Coyol. Very nice cigar, but a lot less flavor than I get from the Prensado line. I will buy more when I find them, though.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Haveme

First confirm whether you are referring to cubans. Punch and Fonseca Habanos have some vitolas which are outstanding.

Non-cuban punch rare corojo are okay, I haven't had anything else. When you say Fonseca used to be your go to. How long ago. I ask because there have been a lot of great brands come out recently.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.cigarsinternational...stmas-build-a-combo/

Here is the cigar deal I was talking about where you can choose a humidor, cutter, lighter, and cigars. I forget who asked about it though.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Shout out to Mike for the delivery today. I got two Acid and three other sticks (two of which are new to me) and he included one of his 10mm punches!

Thanks again Mike!

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Pics or it didn't happen

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I would but photobucket irritates the hell out of me anymore.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Shout out to Mike for the delivery today. I got two Acid and three other sticks (two of which are new to me) and he included one of his 10mm punches!

Thanks again Mike!

I'm glad they made it, and glad to know someone who likes them! I got them in some kind of Drew Estate sampler and they just weren't my thing. Always love a chance to pay it forward.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
I have purchased about a half a dozen packs of RP seconds from CI over the years with little complaint.

Of all those sticks, a few did burn a little unevenly and one totally unwrapped itself while I was smoking it.

For the price and the quality of the RP 2nd's (and probably other's), I think it is a good value.

Rob

I just ordered a 15-pack of RP Vintage 2nd's Torpedo Maduro 1990.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
The burn of any cigars is a function of the quality of construction. Rolling any figurado is different than rolling a similar sized cigar without a shape.

My preferred cut is leaving a 1/4" of cap, cut on an angle. The angle cut provides more surface area than a cut perpendicular to the cigar. Being cut at near the end of the cap does cut most of the taper off but it helps the draw but more importantly to me keeps tar from building up and getting bitter.

There are some bellicosos / torpedoes that I have V cut and they smoke great. Monte #2 is one of those.

Gator - next time you have a smoke, would you post a pic of how you cut your cigars? I recently got bit by the bug and bought one of the Thompson Cigar deals, so my learning curve is quite steep.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Haveme

First confirm whether you are referring to cubans. Punch and Fonseca Habanos have some vitolas which are outstanding.

Non-cuban punch rare corojo are okay, I haven't had anything else. When you say Fonseca used to be your go to. How long ago. I ask because there have been a lot of great brands come out recently.

20yrs ago on the fonseca.
The punch im getting at the shop I'd a seleecc 3.
It's a really good cigar. I can't find them on the web. Probably a 1 run thing.
I like mild/med cigars. Honduras seems to be my taste.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I haven't been around much as of late... I've had some good smokes recently (Connecticut Leaf, Island Jim, 2016 Oktoberfest, etc) but I've just been too busy to really stop and post. I hope you all are doing well, and had a good Thanksgiving!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Haveme
The time frame of those Fonseca predates Nicaraguan cigars in the past 10 years there have been a lot of good brands come out.

Not all of these are Nicaraguan but these are some medium bodied smokes I have enjoyed over the years.

ashton
AVO
My Father Connecticut
Crowned Heads hardly Grange, and la Crème
Some La Palina
La Barba (Also Honduran)
Illusione
Perdomo Champagne

There are others that will get listed by my fellow cigar smokers

Tatuaje Skinny Goldman for me this afternoon.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
I am smoking a My Father Judge this evening. CI closed the bar for their corporate Christmas party so I tried a small brick and morter with a lounge. They have a very nice selection of cigars at decent prices. I also picked up a Shark for much later.

posted Hide Post
For those wondering...The Judge was a decent medium bodied stick. I consider it a stepping stone to the My Father. There was pepper, but not like the My Father, the flavors though we're similar. I had the toro.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Ill add to Gators list.

Cle Connecticut (it has a pinkish orange band)
Perdomo champagne (also champagne noir and sun grown)

Ill keep adding to this as i think of some more, i prefer the Nicaraguan spice over the smooth smokes but ive had quite a few really good smooth smokes.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More to add:

Man O War Virtue

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Eiroa First 20 Years box press tonight. Paired up with a Founders Harvest Ale.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post