SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Damn. Been listening (and watched his TV show) since '88 or so....

Hope he beats it and gives us another 10 years. The country and conservative movement needs it.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, heard this during his show. Man, I've been listening for like, forever. Such a sad day. My prayers are with him for a full recovery.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Was watching his show when he announced the diagnosis today as well.

Ditto all of the prayers for healing. Rush has a very valuable perspective and has paved the way for so many other voices of reason.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
wow, I'm speechless.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I don't wish that on anyone.

Remarkably hollow. Are you worried some may think you would wish otherwise?

That's uncalled for. Why would you go out of your way to derail this thread or make such a demeaning comment on someone who is expressing how he feels about the situation in a different manner as you?

Maybe you hate the guy, but go hate him in another thread.

Tony.

Why? Everyone was fine with people hating on Kobe Bryant in his death thread...

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Good lord! Is there a full moon or something?

This and the Superbowl halftime event thread have gotten overly "chippy" for whatever reason. Frown Frown Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

Kobe is no Rush.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I heard his announcement in the background while I was doing something else, and it shocked me, to say the least. I can only echo what others have said, that he has told us what others would not, there is no one quite like him, and we still need him. I've listened to him since he first came on the WLS AM in Chicago, must have been over 25 years ago.

Best wishes and prayers for him. I know a couple of guys who have beaten advanced cancers, so it is possible.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I certainly wish him the best, though I haven’t listened to Rush in years. If I was given that diagnosis ,I would be going to the University of Texas , Andersen cancer center and hope that Dr Allison and his immunology therapy department can help me.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

That's uncalled for...Maybe you hate the guy, but go hate him in another thread.

Sorry you feel that way, assuming my motives would also be uncalled for.

"I don't wish that on anyone."

I take that as disingenuous virtue signaling, best left unsaid altogether.

Rush has said radio is the most personal of media and, as such, I'm taking this news very personally. It's hit me like a punch to the gut.

We all know there is epic ugliness coming from the left, it's out there already and best to avoid. So yeah, empty platitudes seem self serving and I don't like them, guilty as charged.

**edit** "Best to him." More of the same.

Holy shit. I was about to post the same thing as jhe888. Glad I didn’t. My wife was diagnosed with leukemia in 2018 so I know how bad things can be and would not wish cancer on any one and I can assure you it would have been sincere. WTH?

I hope everything goes well for him and they are able to cure him or keep it under control. Ripley I hope this is acceptable.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

Kobe is no Rush.

Indeed.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'm truly sorry for those offended by my comments but I stand by what I said. A simple "best to him" would have sufficed, what I saw was self-serving and simply stupid. "I don't wish that on anyone" Really?! Wow, such a mensch. I offer no further apology.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm truly sorry for those offended by my comments but I stand by what I said. A simple "best to him" would have sufficed, what I saw was self-serving and simply stupid. "I don't wish that on anyone" Really?! Wow, such a mensch. I offer no further apology.

Really I took it to be a comment on the terrible nature of the disease not an autobiographical comment on the nature of the speaker's moral rectitude. Seriously, have you never heard someone say this phrase before. It's pretty innocuous and common phrase.

"Shingles hurt so bad, I wouldn't wish it on anyone."

"IRS audit are such a nightmare, I wouldn't wish it on anyone."

"Disney's Star Wars Episodes are so terrible, I wouldn't wish it on anyone."

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

You interjecting your opinion on what was an otherwise innocuous post is what was self-serving.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cease and desist wth all arguing immediately. Not another word of contention. I don't want to hear about Kobe Bryant or who thinks what's an insult or who is right or wrong or any of that. Conduct yourselves as adults.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Yea, my heart goes out to him and anybody that suffers that nasty illness. I'll certainly offer up a prayer, he's a good guy and I'd also suspect that there's so many more ways he's helped others or causes we'll never know about. I'd guess that this may be true for a lot of folks, the rewards are so much greater to do things of significance without regard to receiving acknowledgement. I can only wish him well.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I've been an on-again-off-again listener to Rush since the late 1980s. Desert Storm and the like. He was so different from the usual talking heads and mindless banter on the air. Mark Levin remarked that Rush was almost single-handedly responsible for "rescuing" (my word, not his) the Republican Party, as it had lost its way. Ronald Reagan and Rush together were able to bring conservatism back to the fore (forgetting for the moment that it has once again seemed to stray from its basic principles).

Ronald Reagan is gone, so that leaves Rush as the main "face" of American conservatism. It's a sad day to learn that he is mortal, like the rest of us. I'm not counting him out yet, and I hope he is able to find and groom a suitable replacement for the day he is no longer able to carry the torch (no, I don't consider Sean Hannity the next Rush).

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I first heard Rush in Jan 1993, after returning from Okinawa, seems so recent.

Lung cancer took my uncle at age 54, was very fast, as he could not tolerate chemo treatment and stopped after the first attempt.

That was in '85. Treating this now can be much more effective.

Hopes and prayers for Rush.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
I listen to him EVERY day.

The was so difficult to listen to live!!!

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post