SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
There is bad weather up on the mountains today.
The helicopter ride is rescheduled for Friday.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I've stayed out of here for fear of not knowing the right things to say or whatever. Done with that now. I've felt pulled to post here often.

Been praying for you for a while now. Almost daily. I pray, "Lord I want to pray for Tom from Sigforum. That you would fill him with strength and peace. Let him know that nothing is certain. That you have overcome the world, and we can always appeal to you and we aren't trapped by the laws of this world. That you can do ANYTHING Lord. That you're in charge, and you can make a way when it seems like there is no way. That's where you specialize. I give it up to you Lord."

Other times I ask him to strengthen you so you can get mean. Get strong in every way. Doesn't matter what others say. Breathe deep and get into your wheelhouse. Don't let fear and worry have a say. You control your mind and that's powerful.

You may not recall but I had dinner with you and the group in Dallas, and I recall you making me laugh more than a few times and how much you got a kick out of it. You left an impression on me, and now you have a heavyweight daily prayer in your corner, among the MANY others here.

I admire your courage and appreciate you including us.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6969 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks for everything. The prayers help, of that I am convinced. That is a great prayer, and better than any of mine. Thanks a lot.

I was thinking the other day about just how many prayers have been said for me. I am sure it it has been dozens and dozens since this thread started, and to tell you the truth, such makes me feel really good that folks care enough about me to help. It is an honor to be that recipient, I mean that.

I am glad I could make you laugh.
Most times though, while I do not say something with the explicit intention of being humorous, it just comes out that way.
And I am happy to be this way, always have been apparently. It's one of the many gifts from God to yours truly.
I am unique in all the world. Or so I hope to be.

This vacation is interesting.
We're slow walking it. We are not in a hurry or harried.
We are not running around seeing and doing things with the typical wild abandon of years past.

It's been a stressful year.
We are determined to make sure we rid ourselves of as much stress as we can.
The way we are slow walking this right now, as opposed to trying to pack in as much as one can on a vacation, I really think that once I get home, I may not need a vacation from my vacation. You know?
I think we have all been there once or twice, or in my case, a billion times or two.

Yeah, not needing a vacation from my vacation would really be something new for me.

My wife is sleeping currently, so I post and watch her, simple pleasures and all, how fine they are.

When she gets up, we are going for a barefoot walk on the beach as it gets dark.
We may be married and all and I certainly do not wish to shock anyone, but we might even hold hands and stuff. Eek

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Thanks for everything. The prayers help, of that I am convinced. That is a great prayer, and better than any of mine. Thanks a lot.

I was thinking the other day about just how many prayers have been said for me. I am sure it it has been dozens and dozens since this thread started, and to tell you the truth, such makes me feel really good that folks care enough about me to help. It is an honor to be that recipient, I mean that.

I am glad I could make you laugh.
Most times though, while I do not say something with the explicit intention of being humorous, it just comes out that way.
And I am happy to be this way, always have been apparently. It's one of the many gifts from God to yours truly.
I am unique in all the world. Or so I hope to be.

This vacation is interesting.
We're slow walking it. We are not in a hurry or harried.
We are not running around seeing and doing things with the typical wild abandon of years past.

It's been a stressful year.
We are determined to make sure we rid ourselves of as much stress as we can.
The way we are slow walking this right now, as opposed to trying to pack in as much as one can on a vacation, I really think that once I get home, I may not need a vacation from my vacation. You know?
I think we have all been there once or twice, or in my case, a billion times or two.

Yeah, not needing a vacation from my vacation would really be something new for me.

My wife is sleeping currently, so I post and watch her, simple pleasures and all, how fine they are.

When she gets up, we are going for a barefoot walk on the beach as it gets dark.
We may be married and all and I certainly do not wish to shock anyone, but we might even hold hands and stuff. Eek

Thats the way to do it. Just relax as much as possible, and eat well. Sleep well. Try to extend a few more days and switch the flights?

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom.

It is great to hear that you have gained weight and enjoying your vacation on Hawaii.

Prayers as always sent.

Roy.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
We did the helicopter ride last Friday, my first.
While I do not enjoy flying at all, I did OK.

We circled a couple cauldrons and were able to see some decent sized bubbling lava glowing bright orange and shooting upward from the surface.

The waterfall landing is what really made the helicopter ride worthwhile. We landed in a small valley on the Kohala coast next to a 700ft waterfall and walked around for a bit.
It was tight quarters getting in there and was great.
For the rest of that day after the flight, I felt like I was floating.
It reminded me of the last time I was here in 1968 when my dad and I went deep fishing.
I had difficulty getting my land legs back after a day at sea.

Healthwise, I am doing OK.
I get tired easily but am able to do a lot of things I had not counted on when I booked the trip.
Back then, I had not received any good news regarding my condition, I felt terrible and figured this was my last hurrah and that I would be the emaciated shell I was rapidly becoming.

For now though, I feel pretty good, am gaining weight.
We are having a great time, the wife and I seem to be on the same page.
For me, being here at the Mauna Kea resort after a 48 year absence is quite the trip down memory lane.

Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Smile

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was couples 80 minute massage day.
I am a bit sore this morning.

There was a lot of stress buildup from the last 8 months plus, and I think the message helped rid us of some of that.

What a great hotel, the Mauna Kea.
It's the little things they do well.
We have done room service 8 times or more at this point.
Apparently, they make notes as time goes on and keep track of guest preferences.

The first night, I requested extra mayo.
All subsequent room service orders since that time have included extra mayo intentionally, whether I asked or not.
I talked with the staff here and they told me they keep track of these things and refer to them when anything gets ordered.
That is a nice touch.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
We had a fabulous dinner at the hotel's Manta restaurant Thursday night.
Mrs LBJ had a bottle of Opus 1. Eek

I don't want to alarm anyone but a 30 years old streak has come to an end. I either eat beef with all the trimmings or go just vegetables and potatoes.
For the first time in decades, I ordered chicken, the Mauna Kea curry chicken to be exact, and loved it.
My youngest daughter didn't believe me when I talked with her yesterday and I had to put Mrs LBJ on the phone to confirm that lbj did in fact order chicken... on his own.

Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
sounds like a great trip at a wonderful time for you. Nice

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
All sounds wonderful! Glad you are getting some pampering! And if there is actual "Pamper -ing" in private I don't wanna know. Wink Big Grin

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
We had a fabulous dinner at the hotel's Manta restaurant Thursday night.

I don't want to alarm anyone but a 30 years old streak has come to an end. I either eat beef with all the trimmings or go just vegetables and potatoes.
For the first time in decades, I ordered chicken, the Mauna Kea curry chicken to be exact, and loved it.
My youngest daughter didn't believe me when I talked with her yesterday and I had to put Mrs LBJ on the phone to confirm that lbj did in fact order chicken... on his own.

Manta is awesome. They have a pork belly appetizer that is incredible...

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I went down to the hotel beach today and booked Mrs LBJ for an hour of supervised snorkeling tomorrow.
I am not going to participate because I feel it necessary not to overtax myself or have an unplanned medical event based on my recent illness.

It sucks and all but Mrs LBJ will get her adventure and I will feel more secure in the knowledge we are doing this right.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Tonight, we catch the red eye and fly home.
It's been really great being here in Hawaii, but it will be good to be home, see our animals and sleep in our own bed.

I will look at and process photos to put up soon.

Assuming I get better and last longer, Mrs LBJ wants to come back to "our spot".

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I've been popping in since you started your thread. Often just in silence because of not knowing exactly the right words to express the many different emotions. Just know, as others here, you have daily prayers in support of total remission.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Wow. What an adventure. I've always wanted to do one of those helicopter rides. Thanks for continued sharing! Looking forward to seeing some pics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lbj:
Tonight, we catch the red eye and fly home.

Yep, the red-eye is rough, hurry back home! It's time!

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Great news on the ct. The best news though is your profession of faith in Jesus Christ. As the old song says, "I'm a winner either way"!

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not a bad choice at all if you're gonna keep it to yourself. Wink

Never seen molten rock. You're one up on me.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
It's interesting that the hotel you were at was where the Opus 1 was first discussed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_One_Winery

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post