SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Happy to hear about your good news (CT and near miss MVA), and also happy the dogs got home safely.

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
Animals going missing in the middle of the night is never good. I had no adrenaline rush after the near miss with my car.
It sure kicked in as I bolted down the street looking around calling for them.

Your avatar is great.
I hadn't had a chance to mention that before, now I have.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am a little late to the party, but let me add my happy feelings about your CT. Awesome.

I have thought for a long time how strange it is that we normally live as if we will live forever, when actually one never knows when the clock will run out.

Enjoy & value every moment. That is a suggestion for everyone.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I have thought for a long time how strange it is that we normally live as if we will live forever, when actually one never knows when the clock will run out.

Enjoy & value every moment. That is a suggestion for everyone.

I have told friends who have anxiety issues that they are probably the ones who see the world as it actually is, because if you think about EVERYTHING - the eventuality of death, illness, evilness of mankind - it would overwhelm a normal person.....so maybe those of us that don't have anxiety issues have some type of filter that enables us to ignore or discount, most of the time, the bad stuff that's always right around the corner.....until it's upon us.

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I think we are built not to contemplate our imminent demise when healthy, otherwise life would come to a halt in many ways.

It's really odd for me the last few days.
There I was, heading headlong to my death since January.
As some are aware from reading me, the Votrient was not working well for me and things were going south.
It was difficult to maintain optimism after that news, and back in January, I was given about a year to live if medications could not help me.
I got my mind right and prepared for such eventuality. I am glad I did because it made me in an accidental fashion, start my book/thread here, The World According to Wigley.

There are so many unknowns when facing a terminal disease like the one I have, that last week, after getting unexpected good news with the Opdivo CT scan results, such good news has left me a bit confused.

I mean, I was going one direction only since January, and now, there is a possibility I may have some extended time.
It's a great thing if true.

As posted above, when healthy, it is in our nature to not think about our deaths too much.

Though I have some relatively good news with the recent scan, I do not want to fall back into that trap of not thinking about my death and becoming too hopeful in the sense of a potential let down associated with such things.
There is no way I am cured and if bad news is coming in the future, I do not want to feel the huge letdown that will occur.

So it's weird. I have had recent good news, but cannot rely on such good news because my disease is so unpredictable.
It's a quandry right now.

But I am happy regardless.
Does any of this makes sense?

That's exactly what I am trying to do, make sense, and with the ups and downs and whatnot, I am just a bit off my game currently.

Oh, and since this is The World According to Wigley, I wanted to make sure for the record, that one of my thoughts is recorded here from the Ammoholics thread.
In that thread, we were discussing delivery drivers who are not pleased when having to deliver bulk ammunition purchases to our door and the possible political ramifications contained therein.

quote:

It's rare but I once had a UPS delivery guy in Boulder who actually enjoyed delivering ammunition to me.
He would say he knew where to go if times went south on us.

Maybe I misspoke. Since we are banning certain flags these days (though I don't own one), perhaps we need to change the references to cardinal directions.
Instead of north, south, east and west, maybe it should be north, down, east and west.

Isn't that better? Well, uh no, it's not.

Instead of saying things went south on me, I can say things went down on me.
Whoa, that's not what I meant. Eek

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I remember when I was about 11 and the family was out at the lake cabin where I was allowed to shoot unsupervised back then.

My dad was with friends playing gin rummy when I walked in and announced I was out of .22.
My dad threw down his cards, stormed out to the car and drove 5 miles to the town of Hawkins.

30 minutes later, he comes back, hands me a brick and resumes the card game.

To this day, I am convinced that me stating I was out of ammunition right in front of his friends was cause for embarrassment.
He was a Texan after all, and being out of ammunition was... well... very Un-Texan.

Can you imagine?

Note to self:
Learn from that encounter.
Do not run out of ammunition for the daughters.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Celebrate the positives for sure! That's awesome.

And stockpile .22!!!!!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear of some good news.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliment on the avatar. That's my boy. I share a small story, not to change the focus, but because you have shared your stories so generously.

I was in my younger sister's hospital room- she was post- op from mastectomy for her stage four breast cancer. I received a phone call and she sees my face go white. Some man was calling because he had Shorty (in avatar), found him on a busy road a block and a house from my home. It seems my little man had snuck out, which he never does. We think he was perturbed by my absence and went to find me. I was so happy we found him before we even knew he was lost. So I know that adrenal rush that can bring you to your knees. And our family is sharing some of the ups and downs you and your family as we too battle this disease. And wish you only the best. Thanks for your sharing.

My sister was released later that day. I told her, they will have to bring you down to the car. I had the dog with me, and he was coming as I drove her home. I wanted to keep an eye on him Smile.

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
My reiteration of joeSig's comments.
Keep the faith and stay positive. Smile

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
Everyone is invited to join us the first weekend in October. We are going to host a shoot with guest of honor: LBJ.

Come shoot with Tom!

Fall 2016 Colorado SigForum Shoot

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sweden.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Hey LBJ

You on the Big Island yet?

Man the board is active. Can't believe I had to go back 6 pages to find this thread.

Mahalo.. I doubt I spelled that right.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
RE: Good News/Medical Imaging of LBJ ...

Fuck yes! Smile

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Well said!!

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I remember when I was about 11 and the family was out at the lake cabin where I was allowed to shoot unsupervised back then.

My dad was with friends playing gin rummy when I walked in and announced I was out of .22.
My dad threw down his cards, stormed out to the car and drove 5 miles to the town of Hawkins.

30 minutes later, he comes back, hands me a brick and resumes the card game.

To this day, I am convinced that me stating I was out of ammunition right in front of his friends was cause for embarrassment.
He was a Texan after all, and being out of ammunition was... well... very Un-Texan.

Can you imagine?

Note to self:
Learn from that encounter.
Do not run out of ammunition for the daughters.

LBJ You will NEVER run out of ammo on Sig Forum.

That is a fact.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
No not yet.
I am officially retired as of today. Someone bought my business.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks FishOn.

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Oh boy. That is the sweetest beach on the Big Island. If you swim out to the coral on the outer left side of the beach you can often see turtles and tons of fish. I'm jealous. PS the Mantas are still there. I bet you already know that.

I still have a pic from that view on my desk, from my honeymoon there years ago. Been there many times since, and it is always very special.

Never played the golf course, but it is amazing!

Quoted--

"Beauty, of course, is in the eyes of the beholder, but you would be hard-pressed to find anything prettier than Mauna Kea's third. Perhaps equal -- but "more spectacular" could only be argued as a personal choice. Now stretched to 270 yards from the back tee, this hole spans over a significant piece of the deep blue Pacific, across black rock and onto a green protected by deep bunkers and sucker pin positions. It's beautiful and dangerous, pretty much how it was on Dec. 8, 1964.

That was the date that the Big Three -- Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player -- christened Mauna Kea and golf on the Big Island. They each stood there on that tee and did what the great players of their era did -- they parred the hole.

Nicklaus wound up winning and Head Professional Johnny Eusebio recounted how the Golden Bear turned near disaster into birdie on the short, par-4 sixth.

"It looked like he shanked a 5-iron off the tee into the fifth fairway," Eusebio said. "Then he managed to hit a 5-iron onto the green and make the putt for birdie."

Mauna Kea also played host to the Shell Wonderful World of Golf in 1969, with a match between Dan Sikes, Al Geiberger and Peter Alliss.

Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
LBJ, are the beach towels still the same puppy dog feet? How was the flight?

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post