SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Oh man! Sorry to hear that. Here's to a quick recovery!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well that's not the best of news however at least you have it identified and a plan of attack, best of luck...

Posts: 23453 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Beat this, Boss! We're behind you and sending prayers and good thoughts! Chin up, Sir!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Damn, I just checked back into this thread. I am very sorry about the diagnosis. As others have said, it sounds like your doc knows what they are about, so here's to aggressive treatment and a cancer free outcome.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent lbj. Hang tough.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Lbj, I am sorry to hear the results of your test...you have my thoughts and prayers...

A good friend and neighbor had the same diagnosis about 8 years ago...he had the kidney removed and a six month round of chemo (he tolerated it very well)...the chemo was a "just in case" treatment and he was given the option and chose to take it...
Good news is that he beat it and is doing good today Smile...
I pray the same for you and for strength, for not only you, but your family as you fight this thing.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the bad news and you and your family are in my prayers.

Hoping for all the best as far as treatment. If you had not found this out now it would have probably been much worse when the cancer made itself apparent.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Big C strikes again but it's not like it's never been beat back before by anybody. You can beat this too. Best wishes.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
lbj, I've been saying a prayer for your health and condition almost since you started this thread, I just kept reading updates when I could. If I could add anything it would be I had my right kidney removed in the mid 60's from a baseball injury when I was a kid and being now 63 I'm still doing ok as long as I don't take a lot of different meds these days. I will continue to include you in prayer each night to help add to the many other prayers folks are including for you. I know God is listening..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
We're pulling for you LBJ - fight the good fight

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Not what you wanted to know, of course.

My dad had a cancerous kidney removed fifteen or more years ago, and he is going strong.

Best wishes.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Will keep you in prayer.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers LBJ and best wishes for your treatment and recovery!

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
You are your own best advocate (and your wife). Make sure you are comfortable with everything you hear, and everything you are told.
Medicine is always a process of ruling things out, and if you feel that something is being missed, make sure you are vocal to the point that you are being heard.
Almost every single cancer is treatable today - even pancreatic cancer in a lot of cases. Years ago, no treatment. Now, there are recorded cases of 7-14 year life spans. I even know of one in NYC, at NYU/Columbia that is past 14 years with no apparent recurrence.
You've been hit, now fight back and never give up, never give in. There are amazing protocols that are successful. Don't ever listen to any doctor who you feel is pessimistic. If need be, travel to another hospital where you feel the care is better. Years ago, Sloan Kettering in NY was the place. Now, NYU/Columbia has better rates of success. You have a huge pool of resources here, and online.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Prayers and quick recovery LBJ.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I hope the prognosis is positive once the full diagnosis is understood.

Best wishes and prayers sent. Please be well.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Prayers your way...I wish you the best.

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really sorry to hear, Hoping for the Best and Prayers sent.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Hang in there, lbj.

Hoping for the best outcome for you.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Yes, hang in there lbj. Best wishes for a full recovery.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16696 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post