SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
LBJ, I really appreciate the substance of your posts. It is no small thing for a man to share the wisdom of a lifetime.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I check in most often and my prayer is almost daily as many others here. Noticed or unnoticed I'm sure that they all being heard and working to your spiritual benefit, God hears the prayer of his faithful...always, and give thanks to him.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
LBJ, I really appreciate the substance of your posts. It is no small thing for a man to share the wisdom of a lifetime.

Same here. Thanks LBJ.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hawkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had never given much thought before that when people want to do something nice for me, it's doesn't mean it has to be about me, it can be about them, and me accepting their gift makes them feel good.

I think most here know by now that in life, I generally try to make sure it isn't always about me, it's just how I am built.
That's why honors and gifts and things has always bothered me, because I thought it made me feel that everything was about me. That's just not who I am.
There is just something in me that tells me I am undeserving, or even if I was deserving, I was already self satisfied and being honored just did not seem necessary. It's hard to explain.
The problem was, I hurt many people in my past with my behavior, I should have realized it was about them as much as me, and I should have been gracious and accepting of them and their intentions.

Now I know better.

I'm built very similarly. And now you've given me that perspective. Thank you for that, and for the years here.

--------------
July NoVA Sigshoot: Shooter's Paradise; 0900 (9AM) 23July05

My Signature is almost a decade out of date!

Posts: 4686 | Location: VA | Registered: April 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Last Friday I got my second infusion of Opdivo.
It makes me tired for a couple of days thereafter.

My taste is holding up well on the Opdivo and is way better than on the Votrient.
I seem to have the energy to go to the range twice a week the last month.
My wife says my skin and things looks better as well as my everyday attitude since stopping the Votrient. That stuff was really rough on me.

In about a month, we will doing the family vacation thing for a few days at Cedar Point.
What with the 2 dogs and 2 cats, the housesitter will have his hands full.

Last Saturday night marked the end of the season for the Crush and we won in overtime. It also marked my last game as team owner and the end of my football career is coming soon.
The emotion hit me as the game ended and I had tears in my eyes greeting fans on the field after the game.

It appears I do have a buyer for the team, though it is taking way more time than I thought to ink the deal. We did agree on a price about a week ago and he will keep my head coach.
I will be very happy if the team continues here in NoCo.
I was a fan before I became owner, and if the team continues, I will be a fan and season ticket holder again.

Retiring makes great sense given my situation, so I have no regrets doing such.

All in all, I am doing as well physically and emotionally as I can be.
My weight is holding steady at around 160 to 161lbs. It isn't as much as of fight to maintain my weight as it was on the Votrient, but though it's easier to maintain my weight, I cannot seem to gain any.

The Votrient did not work, that much we know, so I am now on Opdivo with a CT scan in about 2.5 months.
There is a certain uncertainty, and I just have to plod forward and wait and see in the future if the Opdivo is helping.
It's frustrating not having an answer, but nothing can be done about it.

Oh, BTW, my colleagues voted me into the IFL Hall of Fame and I hope to attend and be inducted at the IFL United Bowl championship game in late July.

Maybe there is a sympathy vote as to how I got in, but after talking with 2 fellow owners, they feel I deserve it and they wanted to show me how much I mean to them.
It's hard to argue with that, so I humbly accept.

http://goifl.com/sports/fball/...eases/20160618jos12i

IFL Honors 2016 Hall of Fame Class
Jun 18, 2016

On Thursday, Sioux Falls Storm LB Mark Blackburn, Tri-Cities Fever DB Lionell Singleton and Colorado Crush Owner Tom Wigley were announced as the newest members of the IFL Hall of Fame.

Several members from all around the IFL have since offered their appreciation for the Class for 2016.

MARK BLACKBURN:

"Every owner, coach and player's goal is to come across a leader like Mark. On and off the field, Mark has that burning desire to lead and get the best out of people. Mark was the catalyst to our organization from 2004-2010. His gaudy numbers are a small reflection of what he did for our organization."

Todd Tryon - Sioux Falls Storm Owner

"Blackburn was one of those guys who made the play when you needed it the most. At the 2008 All-Star game I learned a lot from him. His leadership and ability to make others around him better, is what makes him more than worthy of being a Hall of Fame. Blackburn is one of the best linebackers I have ever played against.

Chris Dixon - Former Sioux Falls Storm QB and 2015 IFL Hall of Fame Inductee

"Mark Blackburn was the heart and soul of illustrious Storm teams that set extremely high standards for dominance and success. His unmatched leadership was evidenced in both his passionate play and his unwavering off field character. Mark is the very best of what exemplifies an IFL Hall of Fame recipient."

Rich Roste - Sioux Falls Storm Radio Broadcaster and 2014 IFL Hall of Fame Inductee

LIONELL SINGLETON:

"Lionell is one of those 'special' players that every so often a franchise is lucky enough to have walk through their doors. His records on the field speak for themselves, but what he brings goes way beyond the football field. He is a patient and quiet man that speaks through his actions. His dedication to youth and improving their lives in our community has been an inspiration to his teammates, others and me in our community. I'm very proud of all that he has accomplished and still strives to accomplish"

Teri Carr - Tri-Cities Fever Owner/GM and 2016 IFL Hall of Fame Finalist

"Lionel Singleton is one the the most instinctive defensive players I have ever coached. A leader, community advocate and high character person that every coach dreams of having on their team. Very well deserved not only by Lionell Singleton but everybody in the Tri Cities Organization. We had some great teams during Lionell's career in Tri Cities and he was an important part of that."

Adam Shackleford - Former Tri-Cities Fever Head Coach and current Spokane Empire Head Coach
"Lionell was a standout person who proved his greatness on the field. He was a guy I counted on as his defensive coordinator to be a leader and the QB of the defense. Lionell is a measuring stick I use today to in scouting and recruiting players."

Ryan Lingenfelder - Tri-Cities Fever Head Coach

TOM WIGLEY:

"Tom's limitless loyalty and service to the Indoor Football League is unrivaled. Since taking over the Ice [Crush] in 2010, the team has been a consistent force. Usually a calming influence throughout the league, Tom has all the traits that you look for in an owner and he will be sorely missed. The IFL family is overjoyed to forever honor his great contributions as a member of the Hall of Fame."

Michael Allshouse - IFL Commissioner

"First and foremost Tom is more than a business partner, I consider him a friend. He is a kind and thoughtful person and that extends beyond personal relationships. He has always had the intentions of doing the right thing with honesty, integrity and occasionally inserting his wit into situations to lighten the mood. In any business today that is hard to come by, which is why having him as the owner of one of my closest rivals has been such a blessing for Tri-Cities. I know I can count on Tom. Many will miss Tom, but I can't think of a better way to honor my friend and our dedicated partner."

Teri Carr - Tri-Cities Fever Owner/GM and 2016 IFL Hall of Fame Finalist

"I want to thank Tom Wigley for the opportunities he has granted me in letting me GM and head coach. He is not only a great owner but he is also a great friend.

Heron O'Neal - Colorado Crush Head Coach and General Manager

"Tom was a great guy and very amiable and someone you could work with on issues. He tended to be quiet during discussions but when he had the opportunity to contribute, everyone listened to his thoughts and valued them. I always admired the fact that Tom owned this team for one reason only, because he enjoyed the sport, the fans, the players and the IFL. Tom wasn't in it for any other reason than his love for the Crush which I have always felt made him unique in this league."

Charlie Bosselman – Nebraska Danger Owner

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prayers are with you, that the new meds do the trick!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
LBJ my thoughts and prayers go out to you and that your new meds are successful !

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Pleasure to meet you Tom. I have read here this evening to near falling asleep. Be strong LBJ and look forward. I will keep abreast of your progress. And you will progress.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
But no crazy roller coaster rides at Cedar Point, right Wink! Someone needs to post that picture- lol!

So glad to hear the new meds are more tolerable and that your taste buds are doing their job again. And what an impressive honor for you to be inducted into the IFL hall of fame. I do understand exactly what you stated in an earlier post about gifts and honors.

Hope your family is doing well, too- have fun at Cedar Point!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Here's to beat wishes for your next scan and that the Opdivo does what the Votrient could not. I'm glad to hear your side effects are less with this one!

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vic40204
posted Hide Post
I hope the new meds cure you!!!

Best Wishes Vic.

Vic Johnson

Posts: 798 | Location: Augusta, Georgia. | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
God bless and hang in there man!

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the news Meds are working. Praying for you and your family.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Round 3 of the Opdivo was yesterday.

If anyone is interested, here is an interview with me regarding the IFL.

It starts at the 35.30 mark.
I sound like a fool, but that's nothing new.

http://goifl.com/radio

BTW, can anyone capture and save that segment for me or tell me how to save it?

All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, can anyone capture and save that segment for me or tell me how to save it?

Here you go. Right-click and "save-as".

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed hearing that Tom. All this time I thought you were just LBJ with a Mustang.. Cool

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it as well. Very cool that you are so fortunate to be able to experience sports at the owner-level.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
Here you go. Right-click and "save-as".

Thanks, I downloaded and saved it. The kids will want this for the future.

Yes, I was fortunate that I did get to experience sports in a way most do not get to.

Slappin' dat Bass!
Picture of bassman
posted Hide Post
LBJ, prayers for you and your family. The new chemo seems to be working well for you. I have just finished reading this whole thread. I'm truly amazed by your transparency about your ailment and life in general. As I sit here minding the grill, I'm thinking of you and your family and hoping for the best life for you. Your presence here and the response of other members is a true testament to your personal values. You are a quality person of society. I wish you the best and offer my support of beating down this disease.

Posts: 1630 | Registered: November 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's unknown whether the Opdivo is working on the cancer. What we do know is that the side effects to this point are imminently manageable.

I appreciate the kind words.

As I posted earlier, it is true that if one can die at precisely the right time, we can all be saints.
I wonder if I have already outlived my sainthood, probably have.