SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Tom you are in my prayers every night.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Prayers always Tom. Be well friend.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Best wishes Tom.

Do the pulley on the Shelby!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Go-to verses...

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." - Jeremiah 29:11-12

God bless, sir!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Continued prayers sent your way, Sir.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you have been doing better!

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
The results of my scan we OK but not perfect.
Plus, I've had scans like this before and everything went well on the next scan.
The doc says they see a new spot on my right lower lung but that everything else is holding steady and not advancing.

The next scan may show the new spot gone or not.
Nothing to do but wait.
In any case, it'd take a year to kill me if things start raging so I have another year of life left at the worst.
That's a good thing.

Praise God!

Living scan to scan is a pain. I have been doing it for the last 1.5 years. Results from last scans have led to two crani's, radiation and gamma knife. I am thankful for every morning that I wake up. Keeping praying and fighting.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Regarding your Shelby...Its funny how priorities in life change over time.

I bought my 67 GTO in 1988 or 1989. My father and I did a complete frame off restoration to it. I have thousands of hours into it. The only work anyone has ever done to it besides me or my father is the machine work for the engine and the recovering of the seats. I spent hundreds of hours wet sanding the body. I Sand blasted, epoxy primed and epoxy top coated every nut, bolt, washer, frame, underside of body....EVERYTHING on the car. However, the last 10 years or so it barely made it out of the garage.

When I started it this Spring I noticed the fuel pump started leaking. Probably a 30 minute fix max. I still haven't ordered a new fuel pump.

My boys are 7 & 8 and they take up most of my time. What we once thought was very important, is now not so very important.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was reading Isiah 49 early this morning.

Isaiah 49:13 (NIV)
13 Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains!
For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
lbj is the

of SIGforum

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom

I know about living Scan to Scan
You are doing well.
Glad to hear from you.
As always you are in my daily prayers.

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard any news from lbj?

I hope he is doing as well as possible, prayer up for him and his family.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He logged into the forum two days ago. He's fine.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks, good to hear that.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Has anyone heard any news from lbj?

Thanks for asking, I am fine.

It's been a demanding 3 months what with all the things going on after younger daughter's surgery repair from childbirth.

Miles is 2.5 years old now and since younger daughter has been unable to lift Miles for 3 months, I have been busy filling in getting him to school and back 2 days a week.
It's really much more than daycare, that's why I say school. He goes Mondays and Fridays.

Between that and doing other things for mom and and son, I am pretty exhausted now, but the 3 months has passed.

I suppose for most, such things I did would be easy, but given my illness and age at 64, it's been downright tough. Enjoyable though and I cannot think of anything else I would rather be doing.
Being a grandparent is amazing, at least for me anyway.

I have also been taking Miles with me to church the last months.
He stays with me for the worship and praise singing clapping parts then goes to the nursery for an hour.
He does really well and enjoys the service while there and participates somewhat here and there bopping up and down in the aisle in time with the beat of the music.

I know he won't remember these times at church but my plan of action is that later in life when he searches out God, he may find a church that suits him and finds comfort in that.
My guess is that going to church with me will leave him such subliminal message deep within him, however unknowing, but I am confident the seeds today will bear fruit for him later in life.

Though the 3 months has passed, I will continue taking him to church as long as younger daughter allows such.
After church services are over, when we get in my car to leave (Poppy's car), he says "Bye church."
I get a kick out of that.

I am still doing my treatment and going on Medicare next year.

I think I have a scan in the next couple of weeks to confirm or deny what they found in the last scan.

God has always looked out for me, nothing changes there.
Praise God!

A Happy Thanksgiving to all.
I have a lot to be thankful for.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Miles is 2.5 years old! Just looked holy cow, this thread is nearly four years old. Man time flies, and you are still here with us.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving lbj!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Praying for you.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for the update, God bless.

Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you, lbj. Even better hearing the stories of you making memories with your grandson. Blessings, and Happy Thanksgiving!

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LBJ,

You might be surprised at what Miles will remember from church.

My wife and I taught 3yr olds at church last year. When they moved up to the 4 yr old class a few months ago, we moved up as well.

Those little children remember so much from the previous year.

I am going to miss them when we move to the Dallas area in a few weeks, particularly Deacon. Deacon is autistic and a challenge for my wife and others but he responds very well to me. He has captured a special place in my heart.

His father is a police officer and a great man. I had the privilege of hearing him share the Gospel with a homeless family that started coming to our church last month. He had arrested the father early summer.

Going to be though saying goodbye their Sunday.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post