SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
How is your appetite and sense of taste on the Opdivo/Nivolumab infusion. Are you having to supplement with protein powder smoothies.

I read recently were they were trying to make the infusion a once a month vs every two weeks.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Doctors don’t always get it right, Tom, I’m glad to see this is one of those times.

Stay strong.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This is fantastic news, lbj...still keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers...especially a prayer of thanksgiving at this good news! Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm really glad to hear this great news lbj. You have enough on your plate without dialysis thrown into the mix. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the latest update lbj, great news!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Smile Smile

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Wow, I am sitting here just shell shocked in a good way, but I am shocked nonetheless.
I mean, I feel humbled and grateful. But miracles seem so much bigger than myself.
The be a part of these is incredible.

A quick rundown of the bad things that happened this year:

Late January I get rushed to the hospital with heart stoppages. I get emergency heart electrics and the next day real pacemaker things for some heart muscles and get sent home.

Later that night I am rushed back to the emergency room, placed in ICU, my family told I am not going to make it. Then I lose memory of that whole next week.

All the heparin they are giving me causes half my blood to seep out of my organs and go to some hematoma somethingoranother in my right leg causing me to get a blood transfusion.
This all happened during a low blood pressure event, 62/42.
In the meantime, my only kidney shuts down from the blood loss and I go on dialysis at the hospital.
I am also told I will be on oxygen for the rest of my life.
And somehow during the ICU time, I managed to come down with that nasty flu and pneumonia.
I suffered some sort of ICU dementia while hospitalized.

I found out later that all my doctors had a meeting and it was agreed I was not going to survive.

It was a nightmare.
Yet I live.

I get released and find I am so beaten down physically and emotionally.
All those close calls and dying things for 3 weeks just plain wore me down.

Next up, I go on to dialysis 3 days a week for 4 hours at a clip. The hospital doctor said I had a 50/50 chance of my only kidney restarting or I'd be on dialysis the rest of my life.

For the next 4 weeks, I go to dialysis though made me not want to continue it if it was going to become a life long project to keep me alive.
Today, I was informed that my kidney has restarted and I am off dialysis.
My Nivolumab infusion cancer treatments have restarted and my heart works as electrified these days.

Given all the above, there are so many miracles at play and it's all so incredible to me.
I keep beating the odds and we know who is responsible for this.
Praise God!

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great update!

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Wow, I am sitting here just shell shocked in a good way, but I am shocked nonetheless.
I mean, I feel humbled and grateful. But miracles seem so much bigger than myself.
The be a part of these is incredible.

A quick rundown of the bad things that happened this year:

Let's not forget that the first time in ICU they placed you in a medically induced coma and you were on a respirator for at least 3 nights. You fought your way out of that......it would have been easy to give up, but you didn't!

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I too believe the good lord works miracles. The strength and courage you must have to survive is clearly immense, and as they say "the lord helps those who help themselves".

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yet I live.

Like a boss!

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
You are absolutely SIGforum’s own Energizer Bunny and we are all better for your presence and example. May you continue to inspire us all for many more years!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
To be real, I was a nasty SOB about all my medical treatment.
I did not get through this with my nice sweet personality.

I was downright hacked off the entire time and was not pleasant to be around.
I get mad at medical things done to me because I despise them so.

I get a bad attitude and can be mean, saying bad things.
I don't know why, but all that negative energy seems to work for me.
Such makes me gear up, refuse to accept the status quo, fight and here I am.

But it isn't pretty to watch.

There is another pattern at play as well.
God breaks me, then delivers me, over and over again.
Praise God!

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Censored:
How is your appetite and sense of taste on the Opdivo/Nivolumab infusion. Are you having to supplement with protein powder smoothies.

I read recently were they were trying to make the infusion a once a month vs every two weeks.

I had initially been on Votrient and I lost all my sense of taste from that treatment.
Amazingly enough, once I began the Nivolumab/Opdivo, all my taste was restored and it doesn't effect such at all.
I have not had to take any supplements while on Nivolumab the last year and a half.

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
I received a phone call moments ago from DaVita, the dialysis center. My only kidney has restarted.
They told me not to come in for treatment today as I have passed the tests and am being removed from dialysis!

I will still have blood and urine follow ups for a while.

Mrs LBJ and I are so thrilled.

This truly a miracle and another gift from God.
Praise God! He truly is the Healing God, my Lord and my God.

This is truly great news Tom.
Prayers still coming.

I do believe in the Lords power to heal.

Remember me?
Lung Cancer Survivor Stage 3B 2009.

God Bless you and Family
Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Reading parts of this thread would surely turn the hearts and minds of at least a few of those who vociferously deny the existence of God.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
More miracles...

I saw the cardiologist yesterday.
The battery positions look good and batteries the are working properly.

There are no restrictions on my activities as I heal up and he said I could shoot rifles as soon as I am able as long as the rifle is on the opposite shoulder from the heart.

Of course until I get the dialysis tubes out of my right shoulder, the point is moot.

He also said that the problem with the electrical things degenerating for the heart muscles were not my fault and that my lifestyle did not cause this. It's just one of those things.
He also said the plaque buildup in my heart was minimal, which surprised me.

All in all, very good news.

posted Hide Post
Oh wow LBJ.. speechless on what you had gone thru just in 2018..

Miracles.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
More miracles...

I saw the cardiologist yesterday.
The battery positions look good and batteries the are working properly.

There are no restrictions on my activities as I heal up and he said I could shoot rifles as soon as I am able as long as the rifle is on the opposite shoulder from the heart.

Of course until I get the dialysis tubes out of my right shoulder, the point is moot.

He also said that the problem with the electrical things degenerating for the heart muscles were not my fault and that my lifestyle did not cause this. It's just one of those things.
He also said the plaque buildup in my heart was minimal, which surprised me.

All in all, very good news.

Fantastic!! You need to plan your next trip to Mauna Kea! We were there in Feb, and I was thinking of you.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Wow, LBJ! That is some good news!!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post