SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Oh how terrible. I hope things will be OK for you.
If you wish to post about it in this thread, feel free to.

Prayers sent.

Hey LBJ, I am so happy to hear about your kidney restarting. Dialysis is not fun and I am glad you are off it.

I started up another thread on my cancer. I am sure that I will be going through a lot of what you have already been through. Stay strong and positive

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yes, Praise God! Great to hear Lbj. Just great to hear!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Terrific news!

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hit me with the
high beams, baby
Picture of wheeler10k
posted Hide Post
WooHoo!!

Posts: 1007 | Location: Fortune's Happy Acre | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Great news! Continued prayers for Blessings and healing for you!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!! Great way to start off a Friday!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
My only kidney has restarted.
They told me not to come in for treatment today as I have passed the tests and am being removed from dialysis!

This truly a miracle and another gift from God.
Praise God! He truly is the Healing God, my Lord and my God.

I am so grateful to hear this! My family prayed together to say thanks for our prayers being answered. May God bless you and all you love.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Thats amazing news. God is good!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
That is the best news I could have read to start my day this morning!!!

Praise the Lord!
Prayers continuing for you, Tom.

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SIGforum's own Engergizer Bunny

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Great news.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
That’s wonderful news!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
lbj,

you are taking that old saying
"stay in the fight !"

to a whole new level.

Saw this and thought of you:

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Getting off dialysis is a huge relief.
After the kidney shut down from severe blood loss while in the hospital, such really had me down.

Luke 7:1-10 is the type of faith I try hard to emulate. I have been believing this way for months.
It's about a Roman centurion who sent word to Christ asking Him to heal his man servant.
As Jesus was on the road to the centurion's home, the Roman sent some of his friends to intercept Jesus and told him that he didn't need to visit his home because he (the Roman) was unworthy of a visit in person from the Son of God, but that he was sure if Jesus just spoke healing words from afar, he was certain Jesus could heal the servant.

Jesus then said that He had never seen such great faith in the land and healed the servant from afar and not visiting in person.

That's how I wish my Faith to be and I try hard to emulate the centurion's faith in God.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeSig
posted Hide Post
What a blessing LBJ!!!

That I would be even fractionally as encouraging, and faithful in all that you have endured....Prayers continue for you and your family sir!

God is still on the Throne, and prayer changes things...[quoted often on a radio ministry I heard years ago - cannot recall author].

Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria, Sola Scriptura

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: October 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Such good news is worthy of prayers of Thanks and for continued blessings. Stay strong brother.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I will be able to recover and be much like I was the last year and a half.
I was basically doing well with just the Opdivo/Nivolumab infusion every 2 weeks.

Of course now I have the added electrified heart issues in the mix.
I run on batteries, so that isn't going to go away.

Still though, having one operational kidney is so much better than being on a machine.
Muscles all over my body show signs of muscle soreness which means they are waking up.
I think this happened because the kidney is working again.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post