SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Be careful trying to make any sense of their bullshit. You might bruise your brain, something these commie imbeciles never have to worry about, since the space between their ears is a vast and arid wasteland. These morons think "logic" is a website owned by Vox or Salon.

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Before life began when the angels were handing out logic, Leftists thought they said 'magic' and turned it down preferring instead to make their own...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Be careful trying to make any sense of their bullshit. You might bruise your brain, something these commie imbeciles never have to worry about, since the space between their ears is a vast and arid wasteland. These morons think "logic" is a website owned by Vox or Salon.

Speaking of sense or, the lack thereof, among the many idiotic tropes the Left has been trotting out, is the need to 'sit-down and have conversations'. Yeah... Roll Eyes the Left doesn't like conversations, anything counter to their logic and reason is RACIST or, pick whatever offense du jour

No, the Woke Won’t Debate You. Here’s Why.
quote:
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked why it is that the Woke won’t seem to have a debate or discussion about their views, and I’ve been meaning to write something about it for ages, probably a year at this point. Surely you’ll have noticed that they don’t tend to engage in debates or conversation?

It is not, as many think, a fear of being exposed as fraudulent or illegitimate—or otherwise of losing the debate or looking bad in the challenging conversation—that prevents those who have internalized a significant amount of the Critical Social Justice Theory mindset that prevents these sorts of things from happening. There’s a mountain of Theoretical reasons that they would avoid all such activities, and even if those are mere rationalizations of a more straightforward fear of being exposed as fraudulent or losing, they are shockingly well-developed and consistent rationalizations that deserve proper consideration and full explanation.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Before life began when the angels were handing out logic, Leftists thought they said 'magic' and turned it down preferring instead to make their own...

If that was an original, my hat it off to you good sir. Outfreakingstanding.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8682 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

If that was an original, my hat it off to you good sir. Outfreakingstanding.

It is original though played from the brains/trains insult Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Excellent article, thanks. The guy's a little addicted to academicese, but that's forgivable given the material he's been covering.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Excellent article, thanks. The guy's a little addicted to academicese, but that's forgivable given the material he's been covering.

In other words, we rational people just can't win. The only solution is to eliminate the Critical Social Justice paradigm entirely--kill them all, as it were. They cannot be reasoned with at all, and any attempt to do so will be rebuffed. Since capitulating to their worldview will destroy all we hold dear, that route cannot be followed, and they are not capable of changing.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
'sit-down and have conversations'

Yes, Mr. Lib. You sit down and let me swing this Louisville Slugger at your face like a T-ball. Then, we'll converse. *checking to be sure the label is facing correctly*

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that the police in Portland have been deputized as Federal Marshals and they are making some progress and arrests,look what happpens.

Portland protests: police arrest 30 over weekend as governor calls for review

https://www.foxnews.com/us/por...kend-unrest-governor

At least 30 people were arrested in Oregon during unrest over the weekend, as Gov. Kate Brown announced that she has asked law enforcement officials to investigate “any alleged incidents” involving their officers.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
In other words, we rational people just can't win. The only solution is to eliminate the Critical Social Justice paradigm entirely--kill them all, as it were. They cannot be reasoned with at all, and any attempt to do so will be rebuffed. Since capitulating to their worldview will destroy all we hold dear, that route cannot be followed, and they are not capable of changing.

flashguy

Ultimately, it's up to us, the rational and reasonable, to expose the woke folks as rabid and overzealous kooks. Calm, rationale and focused points of argument is all it takes for them to flip-a-switch, go to DEFCON-1 and freak-out. Watch any Jordan Peterson or Douglas Murray, let alone a Joe Rogan or, Andrew Schulz will give you enough talking points to arm-up on.

Systematically, Federal gov needs to re-write how funding and grants are given to universities; Dept of Education needs to start dropping a hammer. This woke culture BS has been stewing and pressure tested in academia for a solid twenty years, many of the germinators are in public universities. While the states can fund their schools how they see fit, a private universities can do as they please, Federal funds should come under greater scrutiny and criticism. The harsh reality is, this country has too many universities/colleges, many are reliant on out-of-state students, foreign students and government supplements to get by year after year.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sergeant punched in face, officers sprayed with chemical irritant during unlawful assembly in N. Portland

https://www.kptv.com/news/serg...e6-b72d5dcc3527.html

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) - Several officers were assaulted and two dozen people were arrested during an unlawful assembly outside the Portland Police Association building.

Police said they learned about a planned, unpermitted march starting on Monday at Kenton Park, located at 8417 North Brandon Avenue.

At 8:45 p.m., officers arrived to the park and saw people carrying shields, wearing body armor and helmets.

Police said to lower the likelihood of people using the shields to protect those committing crimes, officers moved into the park and seized numerous shields.

Some people in the crowd interfered and were arrested.

According to police, officers saw a silver Subaru sedan, which was marked with red cross insignia, associated with the gathering driving dangerously in the area and conducted a traffic stop.

Officers located a loaded handgun inside the sedan. The driver, identified as Jason Dye, 40, of Portland, was cited for driving uninsured, failure to signal turn, and failure to properly use safety belt. Police said the investigation into the gun is ongoing.

As officers left the park, people from the gathering threw water bottles at them.

The crowd was advised via loudspeaker that they were welcome to demonstrate in the park, but were not permitted for a march in the street.

Shortly after, the crowd walked on the sidewalk to the Portland Police Association (PPA) building, located in the 1800 block of North Lombard Street.

Via loudspeaker, the crowd was notified that the sidewalk in front of the PPA was closed and that North Lombard was open to vehicular traffic and they were not to block the roadway.

Despite warnings, several people moved into the street and attempted to block traffic. Police said officers moved in and made more arrests.

According to police, officers were met with "violent resistance." People threw rocks and other hard objects at officers.

Police said one sergeant was punched in the face and was taken to an area hospital for treatment.

Five officers were sprayed with some kind of chemical irritant, according to police.

Shortly after, police declared an unlawful assembly and the crowd was told to disperse or be subject to arrest, citation, or crowd control agents.

More arrests were made. Police said some of those arrested were wearing heavy body armor with rifle plating, were marked with "press" insignia and carrying a "press" pass, and possessed weapons such as knives and OC spray.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Keep poking the bear. We know how this eventually ends.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I hope there was a lot of police brutality during those arrests. Those little fucks only know brute force. They need to be treated like we treated the taliban during the invasion.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I hope there was a lot of police brutality during those arrests. Those little fucks only know brute force. They need to be treated like we treated the taliban during the invasion.

We addressed the leaders of the Taliban, not just the skirmishers.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Wait, what about protester brutality? Punching, kicking, using irritants on police and civilians. There should be a law....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Officers located a loaded handgun inside the sedan. The driver, identified as Jason Dye, 40, of Portland, was cited for driving uninsured, failure to signal turn, and failure to properly use safety belt. Police said the investigation into the gun is ongoing.

That's a hoot. If ol' Jason had any sense of self awareness at all he'd be thinking, "but I'm a revolutionary and I'm doing Saturday jail for not fastening my seat belt? I's so unfair." I'll bet the dude doesn't floss either. Loser.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Speaking of sense or, the lack thereof, among the many idiotic tropes the Left has been trotting out, is the need to 'sit-down and have conversations'. Yeah... Roll Eyes the Left doesn't like conversations, anything counter to their logic and reason is RACIST or, pick whatever offense du jour

quote:
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked why it is that the Woke won’t seem to have a debate or discussion about their views, and I’ve been meaning to write something about it for ages, probably a year at this point. Surely you’ll have noticed that they don’t tend to engage in debates or conversation?

It is not, as many think, a fear of being exposed as fraudulent or illegitimate—or otherwise of losing the debate or looking bad in the challenging conversation—that prevents those who have internalized a significant amount of the Critical Social Justice Theory mindset that prevents these sorts of things from happening. There’s a mountain of Theoretical reasons that they would avoid all such activities, and even if those are mere rationalizations of a more straightforward fear of being exposed as fraudulent or losing, they are shockingly well-developed and consistent rationalizations that deserve proper consideration and full explanation.

This author wrote 36 paragraphs where 12 would have sufficed. That’s the same writing technique social justice “intellectuals” employ to beat down dissenting opinion.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Kate Brown announced that she has asked law enforcement officials to investigate “any alleged incidents” involving their officers.
Well it should be completely clear to everyone at this point just who Kate Brown supports. Just disgusting.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine at work just showed me an article that says the proud boys are on their way to Portland to go counter protest right now and that they declared a state of emergency over it and labeled the proud boys a domestic terrorist organization..

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post