SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but if their criteria/excuse is he didn't readily shout out his name when commanded to, he's the only one best suited tomorrow.

Office Dickhead: "What's your name?"
Ramius: "Same as it was yesterday when you arrested me on national TV you sorry sack of shit!"

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the Fed's show up at the governors mansion and charge him with treason and failure to uphold his oath of office.
I'd suspect many of the state tyrants actions are not within the law all around the country.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Yeah, but if their criteria/excuse is he didn't readily shout out his name when commanded to, he's the only one best suited tomorrow.

Office Dickhead: "What's your name?"
Ramius: "Same as it was yesterday when you arrested me on national TV you sorry sack of shit!"
That's easy for someone other than RAMIUS to say, because they're not the one getting arrested.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And I tried to visit the PD FB page but no joy. Maybe it has crashed.

No, it hasn't. I'm looking at it right now. No way are you going to crash Facebook that easily.

But they are deleting uncomplimentary comments.

What brave men and women, that serve the Bellmawr, NJ PD!

I wouldn't be surprised if they take the page down, eventually, as the nationwide vitriol builds.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I would not be shocked if we hear a tweet from you know who on this one. Not shocked one bit.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
Someone posted the FB video and they took that down.

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

If someone wants to put together a donation plate for attorney fees, I've got a few dollars to throw in to fight tyranny. Good luck brother!
That was my immediate thought. If it turns out that Ramius needs some help here, I'm in for a couple bucks.

If we do this, I suggest that collection be done inside of SIGforum, no point giving the Go Fund Me organization a piece of the pie. Maybe one of the SIGforum attorneys could do this through their trust account?

On the other hand, this looks like something that is right down ACLU's alley, maybe they will sue on Ramius's behalf at no cost to him.

Or, maybe a NJ lawyer will take it on contingency.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Disturbing that this could happen any where in this country. Ramius thanks for standing up for us. As a police officer I am embarrassed they did this to you. Best wishes!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
On the other hand, this looks like something that is right down ACLU's alley, maybe they will sue on Ramius's behalf at no cost to him.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's been a long, loooong time, since the ACLU gave one shit about "civil liberties". Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And I tried to visit the PD FB page but no joy. Maybe it has crashed.

No, it hasn't. I'm looking at it right now. No way are you going to crash Facebook that easily.

But they are deleting uncomplimentary comments.

What brave men and women, that serve the Bellmawr, NJ PD!

I wouldn't be surprised if they take the page down, eventually, as the nationwide vitriol builds.

Looks like an account is required to view

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolria:
Someone posted the FB video and they took that down.

Its back, you have to open up the comments

Ramius sorry they picked you for your Andy Warhol moment, hopefully you'll get a good attorney and some time on Hannity or Jessie Watters shows...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I received two citations. One for not listening to the governor and one for obstruction.

Time to lawyer up.

Obstruction....Unless there's more to it, sounds like you were cited for 'talking back'! As Tucker would say "Shut Up and Obey!

I guess the First Amendment has been Suspended and asking a question is NOT Permitted in New Jermany! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
I am in to help with the funding. The more positive exposure you can get will certainly help. Commie bastards!

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
RAMIUS, local radio guys Dom Giordano, Rich Zeoli, and Chris Stigall have been covering this pretty extensively. I'm hoping they reach out to you for an on air interview.

This is all pretty infuriating, especially after the Bellmawr police got a roaring ovation just yesterday followed by a "USA" chant. Yesterday the police were following the law. Today they chose to follow the whimsical orders of a petty tyrant rather than the tenets of the Constitution. Absolutely shameful. Every police officer in that state should be ashamed of those officers. My sister is one of them. I plan on talking to her later today about this.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I would not be shocked if we hear a tweet from you know who on this one. Not shocked one bit.

Maybe even a visit to the White House to meet w/ PDJT.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Certainly sucks. Having BS arrest on your record can impact background checks, and cost time and money to have removed.

Hopefully you have a good civil suit on your hands. Even though it won't cost anybody responsible a dime, at least it will compensate you for your troubles.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I'd find the best lawyer money can buy. My guess is, they'll be contacting you.

I see he's touching you without gloves, reckless regard for your health and safety in this most deadly outbreak!

Was he wearing a mask when he asked you those muffled hard to understand questions?

"Wash your knee?" Why do you need to know that?

You HAVE to answer them. You have the RIGHT to remain silent... but only after they tell you. Odd how that works huh?

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your grief.
In situations like this the blame is upstairs at the PD Dept and above not at the beat level.

But at the same time it is why I have even more respect for those like the Greg Anderson in Washington who recently got fired for his Instagram.
In general we don't need the troops making their own decisions unless it is a unlawful or other moral dilemma such as this case.
YMMV

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post