SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
A good watch as the Pres is not backing down on violence and common sense.

He did a great job there!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Fabulous President Trump, fabulous!! Keep it up!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...7001/?#sp=show-clips

CEOs leave Trump’s manufacturing council: What impact does it have?

Aug. 15, 2017 - 3:45 - The Wall Street Journal’s Veronica Dagher and Kaltbaum Capital Management’s Gary Kaltbaum weigh in on the decision by some CEOs to leave President Trump’s American Manufacturing Council.

Maybe some of the CEO's that left with hurt feelings should resign as CEO of the company.. or maybe they should grow a pair!

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:...
CEOs leave Trump’s manufacturing council: What impact does it have?...

Well, I am sure Trump will need a box of tissues and a boatload of Midol and extra heavy duty napkins, maybe a puppy and binge watching Mama Mia...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Taking a closer look at China and trade may not be what WalMart and Udnerarmoure CEO's want.

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
Taking a closer look at China and trade may not be what WalMart and Udnerarmoure CEO's want.

Yes...you may be right.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...503001#sp=show-clips

Should Trump continue to probe China’s trade policies?

Aug. 15, 2017 - 4:16 - ‘The Coming Collapse of China’ author Gordon Chang on President Trump’s probe into China’s trade policies.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...503001#sp=show-clips

Trump probe on China shifted North Korea’s threats: Lt. Col. Peters

Aug. 15, 2017 - 5:06 - Fox News strategist analyst Lt. Col. Ralph Peters (Ret.) on how President Trump’s probe of China's trade policies influenced North Korea to back off from nuclear threats.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
A good watch as the Pres is not backing down on violence and common sense.

He did a great job there!

Agreed, the press wanted to focus all of their attention on 1/2 the problem and then try to make it Trump's fault and he simply wasn't having it and pushed back with facts.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
August 16, 2017

Are far left and far right equivalent?

President Trump has committed the unpardonable sin of implying that the far left is as violent as the far right. This can be a career-ender. New York Times domestic affairs correspondent Sheryl Gay Stolberg may have learned this the hard way. "The hard left seemed as hate-filled as alt-right. I saw club-wielding 'antifa' beating white nationalists being led out of the park," Stolberg wrote. She was immediately set upon. She had contradicted the progressive narrative. Perhaps she can be forgiven because her comments were made early in the dispute. The progressive narrative is that this was a demonstration by white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and KKK protesting the removal of statues of slaveholders. They were opposed by "civil rights protesters," defenders of the American Way. In Stolberg's revised comments, the protesters were "standing up to hate."

Even Mitt Romney endorsed the progressive fairy tale, tweeting, "No, not the same. One side is racist, bigoted, Nazi. The other opposes racism and bigotry. Morally different universes." Former vice president Joe Biden tweeted simply: "There is only one side. #charlottesville." This narrative has been repeated endlessly. All demonstrators were hate advocates. There was nobody demonstrating against the removal of monuments dedicated to their forbears or people aware of the left's true agenda. Perhaps they should have known that an event organized by Richard Spencer, a known white supremacist, would not be a tea party.

The president's original statement was, "We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides." This allowed critics to suggest he was drawing a moral equivalency between the right and the left. After massive criticism he appeared to have capitulated. On Monday, he condemned the attack and specifically mentioned the KKK, neo-Nazis and white supremacists. Unsurprisingly, this did not satisfy his critics. On Tuesday he appeared to revert to his original position with a vengeance. He asked reporters, "When you say alt-right, define alt-right for me. What about the alt-left that came charging at the, as you say, the alt-right? Do they have any semblance of guilt?"

Trump added, "Not all of those people were neo-Nazis."

He then touched on a problem few conservative commentators have mentioned. The entire progressive exercise is based on one goal: the acquisition of power. Trump continued, "Many of those people were there to protest the taking down the statue of Robert E. Lee. So this week, it's Robert E. Lee; I notice Stonewall Jackson is coming down. I wonder: is it George Washington next week, and is it Thomas Jefferson the week after? You really do have to ask yourself, where does it stop?" Al Sharpton has already targeted Thomas Jefferson.

There is no moral equivalency between left and right. Those on the left have repeatedly demonstrated that they are more violent than the right. The left is held to an entirely different standard. Black Lives Matter ("Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon") can be invited to the White House by President Obama. President Trump cannot even criticize them. Mayors often tell their police forces to "stand down." They give protesters "who wished to destroy space to do that as well." Genuinely conservative demonstrations do not usually end with burned out liquor stores. Leftist speakers do not fear being assaulted when they pay a visit to a college campus. The left controls the establishment media. It can therefore suppress or emphasize information that it believes will further its cause. Che Guevara, Mao, Joseph Stalin, and Pol Pot do not receive the attention they deserve.

President Trump's exchange with the press at Trump Tower did not reflect well on the press. The question "Are you against the Confederacy?" was entirely ignored. After President Trump condemned white supremacists several times, a reporter asked, "I didn't understand what you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly." Reporters hear what they want to hear. If they are incapable of listening, they cannot report accurately.

http://www.americanthinker.com...ight_equivalent.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I am so tired of seeing all these so-called Republican politicians - McConnell, Kasich, McCain, Rubio, etc - speak out against Trump and his comments on Charlottesville. They have been in Washington so long that they wouldn't know truth if it smacked them in the head. They are so used to playing the left's game and trying to get nice coverage n the WaPo that they have forgotten how to stand up for anything other than themselves.

I hope we can get rid of all of them soon.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Republican politicians - McConnell, Kasich, McCain, Rubio, etc - speak out against Trump and his comments on Charlottesville.

And Mittens Romney!

-rduckwor

Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Trump won the electoral college, but lost the popular vote.

BUT, did Trump actually lose the popular vote? The LEGITIMATE popular vote?

Consider: LINK

quote:
Study Finds 3.5 Million Ghost Voters in US – More Than the Entire Population of 21 States
Jim Hoft Aug 14th, 2017 10:38 am

A new study by Judicial Watch found that there are at least 3.5 million more people registered to vote than are alive among the US voting age adults.

Deroy Murdock at National Review reported:
National Review reported:

Some 3.5 million more people are registered to vote in the U.S. than are alive among America’s adult citizens. Such staggering inaccuracy is an engraved invitation to voter fraud.

The Election Integrity Project of Judicial Watch — a Washington-based legal-watchdog group — analyzed data from the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2011–2015 American Community Survey and last month’s statistics from the federal Election Assistance Commission. The latter included figures provided by 38 states. According to Judicial Watch, eleven states gave the EAC insufficient or questionable information. Pennsylvania’s legitimate numbers place it just below the over-registration threshold.

My tabulation of Judicial Watch’s state-by-state results yielded 462 counties where the registration rate exceeded 100 percent. There were 3,551,760 more people registered to vote than adult U.S. citizens who inhabit these counties.

There are eleven counties in California with more registered voters than voting age adults in the county.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Some rational commentary on yesterday's controversial press conference: LINK

quote:
Trump's Epic Presser Clarifies Three Truths That Have Driven The MSM Insane

[Go to URL to view photo of Trump at a microphone] Photo by Chris Kleponis-Pool/Getty Images

ByJOHN NOLTE
@NolteNC
August 15, 2017

During a fiery question and answer session with the leftwing media Tuesday afternoon, President Trump arrived loaded for bear. The presser was vintage Trump. Combative, oftentimes hilarious, and filled with deeply satisfying moments that sometimes happen when Trump is at his best, moments when stark truths are finally said out loud, and by the President of the United States, no less.

The event was advertised as something that was supposed to be about infrastructure, but it was obvious from the beginning that the president had any number of other things on his mind. It was just as obvious that the media was hoping to get a piece of him, to bait him. None of it worked. Trump appeared to enjoy every moment of the hostile back and forth. Moreover, he had three truths he wanted to communicate to the American people, and so that is exactly what he did and we are now a better country for it.

1. "Not all of those people were neo-Nazis."

Trump again blasted the white supremacists in Charlottesville, and he also tore into the man charged with driving his car into a group of Antifa counter-protesters as a "disgrace to his family and country ... a murderer."

However, Trump also pointed out that not everyone who protested that day against the removal of Gen. Robert E. Lee's statue is a racist. Some came in good faith. In other words, Trump is breaking through the media narrative that instantly defines anyone opposed to tearing down confederate statues as a Nazi:

quote:
Those people — all of those people — excuse me. I've condemned neo-Nazis. I've condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were White Supremacists, by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue, Robert E. Lee.

And you take a look at some of the groups and you see — and you'd know it if you were honest reporters, which in many cases you're not, but many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee.

It should be noted, but won't be by our dishonest media, that Trump also said the same about some of those on the other side of the protest, he accurately pointed out that not every counter-protester was there to commit violence.

quote:
But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group — excuse me, excuse me — I saw the same pictures as you did.

The media's response to this truth has been unhinged. They are claiming Trump believes there are good people in the white supremacist movement. This despite the fact he made clear — without being asked — that this is exactly what he did not mean:

quote:
I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists.

And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers.

2. "Are we going to take down statues to George Washington?"

Although Trump made clear that he believes, and appropriately so, that the decision to remove statues should be left to local governments, he also made another clarifying point: Where does this madness end?

quote:
George Washington was a slave-owner. Was George Washington a slave-owner? So, will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down — excuse me — are we going to take down — are we going to take down statues to George Washington?

How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him? Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave-owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue? So you know what? It's fine. You're changing history. You're changing culture.

Quite hilariously the disingenuous is pretending Trump is insane for lumping together Lee with Jefferson and Washington, even though the calls from the Left to memory-hole our slave-owning Founding Fathers, to remove their statues and tributes, have been floated for more than a decade.

Where will it end?

Lincoln was serious about freeing the slaves and shipping them back to Africa. West Virginia is lousy with tributes to Klansman (and Democrat) Robert Byrd. Ulysses Grant owned slaves. Franklin Roosevelt interned the Japanese.

The media can pretend the Left's Taliban-ish crusade for historical purity is not real, but it is, and Americans know it.

3. "There was violence on both sides."

This is, without question, the most important point the president made, and he made it repeatedly.

Post-Charlottesville, the MSM's shameless propaganda push, their audacious and coordinated attempt to write the culpability of Antifa out of Saturday's riot is not only Orwellian, it is (and this is by design) dangerous. The media obviously wants Antifa motivated and out there, wants their own personal army of Brownshirts fanning out across the country to break heads, not just of Nazis but of everyday Trump supporters, of anyone on the Right who dares hold an unacceptable opinion.

Trump was having none of it:

quote:
What I'm saying is this. You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch.

But there is another side. There was a group on this side, you can call them the Left. You've just called them the Left — that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that's the way it is. ...

I think there's blame on both sides. ... I have no doubt about it, and you don't have any doubt about it either. And if you reported it accurately, you would say [so].

The enraged media (nothing enrages our media like the truth) is really angry over this and are claiming Trump is taking back his statements condemning white supremacy. Even though, as you can see above, he actually doubled down in his condemnation of white supremacist groups.

The alt-right and the alt-left, the neo-Nazis and Antifa ... These are two sides of the same horrifying coin and for the sake of our country, both must be called out and condemned.

On Saturday, Trump wisely condemned both sides but not by name.

On Monday he condemned the white supremacist groups.

Today, he dragged the media's favorite leftwing supremacists out into the spotlight.

Trump's taking hell for it, but he is doing the only moral thing — telling the truth.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm glad Trump just shut these councils down, it was becoming far too fashionable for these CEO's to virtue signal and publicly denounce the "racist" and "white supremacist-supporting" President. WTF! Mad

I CANNOT WAIT for Trump to win reelection handily in 2020, and that day is coming people.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:

[b]2. "Are we going to take down statues to George Washington?"

Speaking of....

Pastor wants to remove statute of Washington from Chicago park.

CHICAGO (CBS) — A Chicago pastor has asked the Emanuel administration to remove the names of two presidents who owned slaves from parks on the South Side, saying the city should not honor slave owners in black communities.

A bronze statue of George Washington on horseback stands at the corner of 51st and King Drive, at the northwest entrance to Washington Park.

Bishop James Dukes, pastor of Liberation Christian Center, said he wants the statue gone, and he wants George Washington’s name removed from the park.

“When I see that, I see a person who fought for the liberties, and I see people that fought for the justice and freedom of white America, because at that moment, we were still chattel slavery, and was three-fifths of humans,” he said. “Some people out here ask me, say ‘Well, you know, he taught his slaves to read.’ That’s almost sad; the equivalent of someone who kidnaps you, that you gave them something to eat.”

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
And when I see that pastor I see a racist bigot full of hate. I'm triggered. Can he be removed please?

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
So does this mean anyone with "Washington" or "Jefferson" in their name needs to change it?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
More and more it seems Trump is the right man at the right time.

I like and admire him more each day.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm very proud of our President for calling out the media on their extreme bias, and for striking what I consider is the honest position on the Charlottesville affair.

I am deeply disturbed that business leaders quit the advisory council over what Trump said: they are disgusting cowards in my opinion.

I am disgusted that other Republicans are falling into the trap set for them by the Left, who never, ever call their own side out for violence. As far as I'm concerned--and using the same logic as the media uses against Trump--the entire Democrat party is complicit in violence against a legal (if ridiculous and disgusting) assembly.

I am pleasantly surprised that the ACLU is siding with the neo-Nazi idiots; that is at least consistent with their long-held positions.

"Freedom for the thought you hate" is what I was taught and still believe. Turns out it was only pertinent when protecting Commies.

Posts: 18067 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I am still confused on what President Trump did/said that was sooooo BAD?
Apparently this connect the dots game is way out of hand.
Beyond my comprehension. Confused

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Trump needs to SERIOUSLY start using the bully pulpit. No more press conferences with hostile reporters asking loaded questions so they can twist his words.

Prime time speeches, Trump and a camera. Never leak the content until he reads it. If the MSM decides to stop broadcasting them, put them on youtube. Get the message out clean without being interrupted and harrased with every word you speak.