SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Just saw this.

I see all the lefties using this picture to say he bowed. Are people really that stupid?

He was getting an award from the Saudis and in order for the king to put it over his head he had to bend over so he could reach it. People are really saying that this is proof he bowed. I have to just shake my head at such stupidity.

The Washington ComPost is all over this. Bastards. Their main job since he announced his run is to ruin him,and I quote Malcolm X,"By any means necessary."

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.6dc72b3a065d

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
So what's a king to do? Stand on a box?

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
After the speech I noticed a number of men roaming about pouring what appears to be tea or some beverage in small cups. All of these "servants" appeared to be wearing holstered pistols. Do the servants provide security or does security provide beverage service?

As I recall with the custom, it is an honor to serve the tea and not a servant's task.

And if you've had enough tea, don't finish what's in your cup

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Donald pulled no punches in addressing the elephant in the room on Saudi soil:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm past caring what the liberal left thinks:

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Okay, watch aficionados, what is the king wearing?

A thawb with mishlah and a keffiyeh.

And a watch.

And, Chammel N°5.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
quote:

And a watch.

And, Chammel N°5.

Maybe Camel N°2.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
quote:

And a watch.

And, Chammel N°5.

Maybe Camel N°2.

LOL

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I said this in the Trump pre-presidency thread, and I'll say it again here: Trump is the man in the arena.
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Trump doesn't need anyone of us to tell him how he has stumbled. Your criticism and nitpicking does not matter, because he is striving to do the deeds.

And for anyone to think that someone else, anyone else, could have done better you are 100% wrong. So let's quit with the pettiness and support a man who is striving every single day for America, because there is no doubt this man's heart and soul and blood is in the right place.

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
^^^ WTF? Roll Eyes

I don't read every page in this thread but I check in semi regularly and criticism and nitpicking is not what I see.

You sure you didn't mean to post that I've on a Huff Post blog?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm sure he meant me, because I said I thought Trump could be even better. Roll Eyes

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
The Orb is good to Trump...

Seriously, this trip is a real big deal. Unprecedented to hit the big three religious centers and really "do" diplomacy. A couple of major tomahawk and B-52 strikes at worldwide targets would ice this cake...

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/...middle-east-leaders/

“NOT MY FIRST SWORD DANCE”
Appearing from Riyadh on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace this morning, Secretary Tillerson fielded a slightly offbeat question and responded with what (outside President Trump’s speech) may have been the quote of the day (transcript here). Wallace observed that Tillerson “looked pretty good” doing the traditional Arab sword dance in which he participated upon his arrival yesterday. “And I have to tell you,” Wallace added, “you looked pretty good while you were doing it – frankly, more comfortable than the President or Commerce Secretary Ross. Had you been practicing, sir?”

Tillerson responded: “Well, I hadn’t been practicing, Chris, but it was not my first sword dance.”

Now that is funny and I’m sure it has the additional advantage of being true.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...irst-sword-dance.php

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Ah yes.... our 100% accurate media. Totally missed the deep bow that Obama offered every Muslim leader, at every greeting. Yet when Trump adjusts his height out of courtesy it is a huge deal.

Not sure if any of you caught this but on Saturday ABC news did a little spot on how women and families are segregated from men at McDonald's in Saudi by a separate entrance and a wall, and the were in disbelief that Trump had no plans to address this. Yet again, I don't recall this EVER being mentioned during any of Obama's trips.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
From John Hinderaker at powerlineblog.com:

quote:
Who Are the Craziest Democrats of All?

The Democratic Party is far gone in hate, but who do you suppose are the most lunatic Dems of all? The California Democrats are obvious candidates and, sure enough, their state convention yesterday concluded with a chant: “Fuck Donald Trump!” led by California Democratic Party chairman John Burton.

There is a lot more at Gateway Pundit, and various videos are circulating. What I want to point out is the Associated Press’s restrained response to this outbreak of Democratic Party insanity. The AP headlines: “California Democrats take aim at Trump, GOP Congress.” I guess that’s one way of putting it.

California’s elected Democrats had tough words for President Donald Trump and the GOP Congress on Saturday, urging their party’s fired-up activists to work against the 14 Republicans in the state’s congressional delegation.

“Tough words”?

Senator Kamala Harris came out with this mind-numbingly stupid observation, but then, mind-numbingly stupid is what it takes to get elected to the Senate in California. Cf. Barbara Boxer.

U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris, often mentioned as a potential candidate for president in 2020, accused Trump of putting “Russia first, America second.”

The reckless Ms. Harris is of course secure in the knowledge that no reporter will ever ask her what, exactly, President Trump has done for Russia. But this is the real point:

In a sign of the vigor of the party’s distaste for the president, outgoing party Chair John Burton, a longtime Democratic lawmaker and powerbroker known for his blunt and profane manner, extended two middle fingers in the air as the crowd cheered and joined him.

“F— Donald Trump,” he said.

Now, just imagine how the AP would have reported on a state Republican convention that concluded in middle-finger-raised chants of “Fuck Barack Obama!” Do you think that would have been described as “a sign of the vigor of the party’s distaste for the president”? No, I don’t think so, either. California’s Democrats have gone insane, but how far behind is the Associated Press?

Link

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Soona, your post was straight on, we must support the man in the arena and not pick on slight errors. I don't know if that is original or you got it from a quote but that is a great post. Trump is in the arena and I am not sure anyone here could do better. I also know that any democratic actor could not do half as good. Certainly our previous president could not do it. Go Trump, we are behind you!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Soona, your post was straight on, we must support the man in the arena and not pick on slight errors. I don't know if that is original or you got it from a quote but that is a great post. Trump is in the arena and I am not sure anyone here could do better. I also know that any democratic actor could not do half as good. Certainly our previous president could not do it. Go Trump, we are behind you!

That quote is attributed to Theodore Roosevelt.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
A week old - about all the investigations - but humorous.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0Hv9TUrfs

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
So on a visit to the wall, he and SS were wearing yamulkes. His was black and theirs were white.

What is the deal here?

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And this matters how?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
ID?

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Report This Post