SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by showpro:
It's an opinion. My opinion is that John Kasich would have beat her handily. I think several others in that pack could have as well. Even Trump said she was easy to beat. But he didn't beat her so easily.

But we'll never know because we can't A/B test it.

Really dude ? But I understand it is the WA thing.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's an opinion. My opinion is that John Kasich would have beat her handily. I think several others in that pack could have as well. Even Trump said she was easy to beat. But he didn't beat her so easily.

Who gives a crap? Stop looking in the rear view mirror.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skyline009:
quote:

Really dude ? But I understand it is the WA thing.

No, not a WA thing.

(that said, I disagree with whatever point showpro is trying to make)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:

For Shapiro to say that apart from Gorsuch, "nothing of note has gotten done" shows his profound blindness.

Illegal immigration - Down.
Economy - Up. Jobs - Up.
ISIS - Down.
Overregulation - Down.
Consumer Confidence - Up.
International Respect - Up.
Trade Deficit - Down.
Energy Independence - Up.
Bad trade deals - Down.
Greater financial contribution from allies - up.
Refocus NATO - Up.
Outstanding cabinet appointments - Up.
EPA rollback - Up.
Repatriate lands to the people - Up.
Help for Veterans - Up.
Free exercise of religion - Up.
Abortion funding - Down.
Respect for our history - Up.
Law enforcement support - Up.
Executive hostility toward firearms - Down
Support for Second Amendment - Up.
and so much more . . .

The problem with Shapiro and his ilk is that he is just blinded by a confirmation bias that screams in his own head louder than all the great things that have been done or the greater things that could be done.

I agree. Then, consider that EVERY ONE of those points quoted above would be 100% reversed under the hag, and think where THAT would lead this country. . .

Well. I also believe that inner cities and education will improve.

DeVos is going to have to battle the NEA and government education zombies every step of the way. It will take time but I believe she will have the president's support as she seeks to improve education.

Ben Carson and his committees seem to have lofty goals for inner cities, too. But, given it's Ben Carson, I suspect that HUD's actions will be slower.

Even so, with new-unleashed ideas and presidential support, I remain hopeful for something better.

Pantsuit Pouty would have just brought the same ole' failures.

Bernie Bong would have brought a Birkenstock to every pot while he starved the country into a dead ended idealism bigger than Venezuela while investing trillions in sis gender microaggressive studies - the real source of weather change.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow a Kasich presidency, fist I don't agree he would have beat her, and second WTF? I am sure we'd be in a much better position.

See Tubetone's quoted post above, and get back to me on which parts he'd be doing better on.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm a single issue voter, and 2A is my issue, so I'm happy.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ben Shapiro eviscerates leftists in debate.

This isn't even the best example. It's merely the first one I found. See for yourself. Let's give the man his due. He's no idiot.

He's at least equal to Newt Gingrich in my book, and he may be on par with William F. Buckley, though without Buckley's dry subtly.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I think Kasich has become a mealy-mouthed McCain Jr. The turnout for Kasich would have likely been low and I don't think he would have gotten Reagan democrats that Trump recaptured.

quote:

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
If you think Kaysuck would have won you are a damn fool. His message did not resonate. How many states did he win? Republicans rejected him and somehow he is supposed to be able to beat Hillary and a media hell bent on electing her? thanks for the laugh.

What is even the point of discussing Kaysuck other than to say he seems to want to be liked by the media and democrats. That says it all. He is Mclame's heir apparent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
Okay, whatev. Like I said, it's an opinion. There's obviously not much point in discussing that opinion, here.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Look, I was a strong Cruz supporter, as many of you may remember. But from the GOP convention on, it became more and more clear that Cruz would not have won, and in fact I don't think anyone else would have or could have won.

So we are grateful to Trump for that, and he's done a lot of great stuff, much of which I've written in support of.

But I think we have to acknowledge that Trump could be better than he has been, and in that regard I think Shapiro's analysis is right, even though he doesn't give Trump credit for anything but Gorsuch.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Read the Thread Title. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming "The Trump Presidency".

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

I'm a single issue voter, and 2A is my issue, so I'm happy.

Me too. Invasion by Third World peasants is way down, so I'm happy.

Posts: 5233 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Tubetone said:

"Well. I also believe that inner cities and education will improve.

DeVos is going to have to battle the NEA and government education zombies every step of the way. It will take time but I believe she will have the president's support as she seeks to improve education."

I agree. DeVos is one of many excellent Trump cabinet appointments.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Read the Thread Title. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming "The Trump Presidency".

Yeah, I think the Boss might get a little pissed.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39229 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
So we are grateful to Trump for that, and he's done a lot of great stuff, much of which I've written in support of.

But I think we have to acknowledge that Trump could be better than he has been, and in that regard I think Shapiro's analysis is right, even though he doesn't give Trump credit for anything but Gorsuch.

My take is that even though he has been in office for less than half a year, he's the best president we've had in decades.

If folks don't think so, please enlighten me. And he has 3 1/2 years to go also Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

I think most of the chaos we've been reading about is only a "thing" because the MSM is in bed with the communists. They have the power to make it a "thing". Obama could do no wrong in their eyes, and Trump can do no right.

I really underestimated the degree to which they would go after him.
Perhaps I should have expected this, but I'll admit to being surprised at the extent of it.

It's to the point they're making shit up.
It's messed up and threatens our country.

Posts: 1795 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Trump isn't his own worst enemy; it is the media

Bolded and repeated.

I'm not sure what I believe about this anymore. Some time ago I might have agreed that Trump was his own worst enemy. Sometimes I think the media might be his worst enemy - everyone knows that they are trying to be. However, more and more it seems as if perhaps all the apparent shitstorms about this that and the other thing are all about keeping the media and the libtards occupied while he gets stuff done. What may appear to be an "own goal" may in fact be a nice diversion. I'm not sure whether this is all as deliberate as it seems, but it seems to be working. Who knows where the special investigator process will end up. Wouldn't it be something if this were a way to spin up the investigation of the witch and finally put her away for a long, long time. If I have learned nothing else watching our President play the media and the libtards, I have learned never to take anything especially anything the "news" media is crowing about as fact or a done deal until all the dust has settled.

We really are living that ancient Chinese curse ("May you live in interesting times."), but I believe that there is a good possibility that while the ride may be a bit bumpy and stressful at times, particularly for those prone to getting excited, we may all be very happy with where we end up at the end of the Trump Presidency. Here's to the next seven and change years!

Posts: 7072 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post