SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The same judge that applied the restraining order last month is the same judge who this time denied it.

Sounds like though that the judge is simply making the lawyers go through the process again and so far is only not applying the previous restraining order to this new executive order.

In other words, this judge, Robart, may still apply a new restraining order once these douchebag lawyers make a separate request. We may end up back in the ninth again.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well it reads like trumps team knew flyn had to register as a forgien agent due to his ties to turkey.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...ynn-elliott-hamilton

This pretty much solidifies my thinking that trump did this to flush out obama leakers.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
US Attorney who refused to submit resignation letter... You're Fired!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...s-attorney.html?_r=0

He may be a great prosecutor, and even though Trump wanted everyone's resignation letter, it didn't mean Trump would accept it.

But ol' Preet said he was such a good prosecutor, he didn't have to turn in his letter.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
So Judicial Watch has a hearing coming up on Monday to apparently force Rex Tillerson to direct the DOJ to continue looking into Hillary Clinton's email.

From Judicial Watch.

quote:
(Washington DC) – Judicial Watch today announced that a hearing will be held on Monday, March 13, 2017, regarding Judicial Watch’s lawsuit that seeks to force Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to take steps to “recover emails of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton” and other U.S. Department of State employees (Judicial Watch, Inc. v. Rex Tillerson (No. 1:15-cv-00785)). The lawsuit was originally filed against then-Secretary of State John Kerry.

Date: Monday, March 13, 2017

Time: 10:00 a.m.

U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia

333 Constitution Ave NW

Washington, DC 20001

The hearing will focus on the next steps in light of the recent decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit that required Secretary of State John Kerry (now Secretary Rex Tillerson) to seek the help of the attorney general in recovering additional Hillary Clinton emails.

The Federal Records Act states that an agency head “shall” initiate an action through the Attorney General when he becomes aware of any unlawful removal of agency records. The Obama State Department refused to do this. The Trump State Department apparently intends to do the same. This despite the recent D.C. Circuit ruling that the State Department had not proved it had done enough to recover missing emails and that an enforcement action must be sought unless “no imaginable enforcement action by the Attorney General could lead to recovery of the missing emails.” Neither the State Department nor anyone else has ever contended that all the emails have been returned.

This will be the first hearing since Judge James E. Boasberg granted Kerry’s lawyers motion to dismiss. Judicial Watch then won on appeal and Judge Boasberg reversed the decision on December 27, 2016.

Despite the president’s campaign criticism of Hillary Clinton’s email practices and the protection of her illegal behavior by the Obama administration, the Trump State Department told Judicial Watch this week that it would continue to object to asking the Attorney General to take steps to recover Clinton’s emails.

So according to this the Trump administration plans to take the same action as the Obama administration? Which is none. Frown The moment Trump said that "the Clinton's are nice people and I don't want to hurt them" A whiff of bullshit entered the room.
Given the fact that he said more than once during his campaign that he was going to appoint a special prosecutor and told Hillary directly to her face that she should be in jail well, excuse me if I was expecting something other than a lawsuit action against his Secretary Of State forcing him to take the action that he is legally required to do in the first place.

This scandal is the plug that is holding the water in the swamp he is supposedly going to drain. Pull this plug and you drain the swamp from the bottom rather than bailing it out a little at a time from the top.

I'm as happy as anyone here that Trump is President but this has bugged me from the begining and is now it's starting to piss me off.

The promise of appointing a special prosecutor to pursue this scandal was just as central to his campaign and just as if not more important than building a wall or reforming Obamacare.

Comey and Koskinen both seem to be a couple happy clams in the swamp. Not so long ago the Republicans were screaming for Koskinen's impeachment.

I call bullshit when I see it and this is one area Trump is covered in it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Given the fact that he said more than once during his campaign that he was going to appoint a special prosecutor ....

I had no interest in following the campaign minute by minute, but I missed his making that statement ever. Can you provide any links or otherwise cite any specifics about when he said that? I would have thought that if he’d promised to do something like that, people would have been asking “When?” immediately after the inauguration.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Given the fact that he said more than once during his campaign that he was going to appoint a special prosecutor ....

I had no interest in following the campaign minute by minute, but I missed his making that statement ever. Can you provide any links or otherwise cite any specifics about when he said that? I would have thought that if he’d promised to do something like that, people would have been asking “When?” immediately after the inauguration.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Okay, I was able to find something myself, but I was confused because Trump himself didn’t even say the words “special prosecutor” in the interview video. Maybe he said it only once in the campaign—? But whether he said it more than once is immaterial; I want my elected officials to do what’s right. Someone’s going after Clinton for her manifest crimes would fill me with glee, but because it would be the right thing to do, not because of a campaign statement that may or may not have been a good idea.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Okay, I was able to find something myself, but Trump himself didn’t even say the words “special prosecutor” in the interview video. Maybe he said it only once in the campaign—? But whether he said it more than once is immaterial; I want my elected officials to do what’s right. Someone’s going after Clinton for her manifest crimes would fill me with glee, but because it would be the right thing to do, not because of a campaign statement that may or may not have been a good idea.

I added the second clip in a edit. You must have read my response before I added the second clip.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
I added the second clip in a edit. You must have read my response before I added the second clip.

I found the second one myself, but thanks.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
maybe this will help those concerned with the score card on Pteropodidae droppings:

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Who's the smirking metrosexual from Washington State? Is he the state AG?

As posted yes, and he and So-called Judge Robart motivated me to change my location to NOT Seattle, WA.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
So Judicial Watch has a hearing coming up on Monday to apparently force Rex Tillerson to direct the DOJ to continue looking into Hillary Clinton's email.

From Judicial Watch.

quote:
(Washington DC) – Judicial Watch today announced that a hearing will be held on Monday, March 13, 2017, regarding Judicial Watch’s lawsuit that seeks to force Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to take steps to “recover emails of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton” and other U.S. Department of State employees (Judicial Watch, Inc. v. Rex Tillerson (No. 1:15-cv-00785)). The lawsuit was originally filed against then-Secretary of State John Kerry.

333 Constitution Ave NW

Washington, DC 20001

The hearing will focus on the next steps in light of the recent decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit that required Secretary of State John Kerry (now Secretary Rex Tillerson) to seek the help of the attorney general in recovering additional Hillary Clinton emails.

The Federal Records Act states that an agency head “shall” initiate an action through the Attorney General when he becomes aware of any unlawful removal of agency records. The Obama State Department refused to do this. The Trump State Department apparently intends to do the same. This despite the recent D.C. Circuit ruling that the State Department had not proved it had done enough to recover missing emails and that an enforcement action must be sought unless “no imaginable enforcement action by the Attorney General could lead to recovery of the missing emails.” Neither the State Department nor anyone else has ever contended that all the emails have been returned.

This will be the first hearing since Judge James E. Boasberg granted Kerry’s lawyers motion to dismiss. Judicial Watch then won on appeal and Judge Boasberg reversed the decision on December 27, 2016.

Despite the president’s campaign criticism of Hillary Clinton’s email practices and the protection of her illegal behavior by the Obama administration, the Trump State Department told Judicial Watch this week that it would continue to object to asking the Attorney General to take steps to recover Clinton’s emails.

So according to this the Trump administration plans to take the same action as the Obama administration? Which is none. Frown The moment Trump said that "the Clinton's are nice people and I don't want to hurt them" A whiff of bullshit entered the room.
Given the fact that he said more than once during his campaign that he was going to appoint a special prosecutor and told Hillary directly to her face that she should be in jail well, excuse me if I was expecting something other than a lawsuit action against his Secretary Of State forcing him to take the action that he is legally required to do in the first place.

This scandal is the plug that is holding the water in the swamp he is supposedly going to drain. Pull this plug and you drain the swamp from the bottom rather than bailing it out a little at a time from the top.

I'm as happy as anyone here that Trump is President but this has bugged me from the begining and is now it's starting to piss me off.

The promise of appointing a special prosecutor to pursue this scandal was just as central to his campaign and just as if not more important than building a wall or reforming Obamacare.

Comey and Koskinen both seem to be a couple happy clams in the swamp. Not so long ago the Republicans were screaming for Koskinen's impeachment.

It will be hilarious when Trump has to go out announce that the courts have forced the administration to investigate her. He can explain he was trying to allow the country to heal, but these judges forced his hand. He didn't want her to do 10-20 years in fed pen, but it was the will of the courts. Smile

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Ianfiniti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
US Attorney who refused to submit resignation letter... You're Fired!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...s-attorney.html?_r=0

He may be a great prosecutor, and even though Trump wanted everyone's resignation letter, it didn't mean Trump would accept it.

But ol' Preet said he was such a good prosecutor, he didn't have to turn in his letter.

Did anyone else notice that President Trump is constantly referred to as simply "Mr. Trump" in that article? And does anyone else find that highly offensive?

The sort of "he isn't MY president" bullshit attitude if the biggest problem I have with liberals. The only way he isn't your president is if you are NOT AMERICAN! Whether you like him or not, don't you want your country stable and successful? It's like being on a boat and hoping the captain crashes it, you're on the boat too, dumbass...

O, here will I set up my everlasting rest and shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace and lips, of you, the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss. Here's to my love.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

From Judicial Watch.

quote:

333 Constitution Ave NW

Washington, DC 20001

It will be hilarious when Trump has to go out announce that the courts have forced the administration to investigate her. He can explain he was trying to allow the country to heal, but these judges forced his hand. He didn't want her to do 10-20 years in fed pen, but it was the will of the courts. Smile

I am waiting right along side of you for this to happen.
However, unlike you I do not see it as a foregone conclusion.

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I really liked this quote:

http://thehill.com/homenews/ad...se-narrative-against

"The media loves to create this false narrative against the current president but is so quick to dismiss anything under the past administration," Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Monday on NBC's "Today."

"If the president walked across the Potomac, the media would report that he couldn't swim."

Which is based on Lyndon B. Johnson's quote:

"If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: 'President Can't Swim.'"

https://www.nps.gov/lyjo/learn/news/newsreleases.htm

Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

From Judicial Watch.

quote:

333 Constitution Ave NW

Washington, DC 20001

I am waiting right along side of you for this to happen.
However, unlike you I do not see it as a foregone conclusion.

If you guys are right then Trump is playing chess, not checkers.

I hope you're right.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ion-executive-order/

A second federal judge—this one in Wisconsin—on Friday blocked President Donald Trump’s new executive order (EO) on immigration travel

Judge William Connelly of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin did issue a new TRO against the new EO, holding that the plaintiff in that new lawsuit had a substantial likelihood of success on the merits, and would suffer irreparable harm unless the court provided immediate relief. This new lawsuit in Wisconsin concerns a man with a family member in Syria who has applied for asylum and claims that EO 13780 is thwarting that asylum request.

A TRO is a temporary emergency measure that typically lasts less than two weeks, only long enough to give a district court judge enough time to fully consider an urgent matter in a lawsuit.

Connelly has ordered legal briefs filed on an expedited basis for the next stage of litigation and will hold a court hearing on Mar. 21 on whether to convert the TRO into a preliminary injunction, a longer-term remedy that could stay in place for however long it takes to reach a final decision on the legality of EO 13780.

Although a TRO cannot be appealed, a preliminary injunction can, which could take either case quickly to the next level of the federal judiciary. The Washington case would go back to the Ninth Circuit, while the Wisconsin case would go to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit in Chicago.

posted Hide Post
As others have noted, this war on Trump seems to be playing out in a similar fashion to how Scott Walker was attacked a few years ago.

Assuming that Trump is on solid ground, it is time for the RNC to start buying ad time to expose the democratic leadership's unwarranted attacks. They need to be put on their heels now before the Gorsuch hearings start. Their credibility among the independent voter needs to be eroded prior to the start of the hearings.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
As others have noted, this war on Trump seems to be playing out in a similar fashion to how Scott Walker was attacked a few years ago.

Otherwise stated as "Trump following Walker's playbook in Wisconsin"; hopefully with a similar result...humiliation for the opposition, victory for the good guys.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Absolutely every day, I read in our local rag ho some new group is scared by Trump policies.
Now, the tourist trade is slumping because foreigners are afraid to come here because of Trump policies.

This foundation of the media propaganda flash point is nothing short of ridiculous. This onslaught from every possible direction is tiring.

Now, the US Attorney debacle created by muckrakers who know very little about civics but a whole lot about lying and telling partial truths.
This is going to bite them on the ass so hard that they will wonder who or what did this to them and never look at themselves.

My only concern is how far will the media go in their efforts to bring down President Trump.?

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post