SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
Jeff Sessions just asked for the resignation of 46 obama appointed federal judges.

It's a start!

Yes....Yes it is!!!! Give 'em Hell Mr. Pres.

That's Deputy Attorney Generals within his department, not federal judges.

He may decide to keep some after their resignations. It is normally done from election to election. It was just delayed but it is long past due.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
Jeff Sessions just asked for the resignation of 46 obama appointed federal judges.

It's a start!

Yes....Yes it is!!!! Give 'em Hell Mr. Pres.

That's Deputy Attorney Generals within his department, not federal judges.

He may decide to keep some after their resignations. It is normally done from election to election. It was just delayed but it is long past due.

I actually knew that but somehow (wishful thinking?) misstated the facts! Razz

Still a good thing!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3124 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
There is only 1 Deputy Attorney General, who is the deputy to Jeff Sessions.

Sessions asked the remaining US Attorneys to resign.

United States Attorneys (also known as chief federal prosecutors and, historically, as United States District Attorneys) represent the United States federal government in United States district court and United States court of appeals.

There are 93 U.S. Attorneys located throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands.

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Who's the smirking metrosexual from Washington State? Is he the state AG?

Which one? There are a number.

The AG is Bob Ferguson. He was the first to sue over the travel ban. Now, with the new ban, he's decided that it's the same thing. That his original suit coverd the new ban.

The Mayor of Seattle is Ed Murray. He's slapped a 5 cent per round tax on ammunition and $25 tax per gun sold. He also wants a two cent an ounce tax on soda, and plans to replace federal money for his sanctuary city by a city income tax. The ammo tax was supposed to being in between $300,000 and $500,000 in the first year. The city refuses to release the numbers but word is that its more $79,000. Oh yes, he had the city buy a failing bike loaner program, pour money into it and have it fail.

The governor is Jay Inslee. His fame has increased when he released a convicted "three strike" felon from jail. Guy had been in jail 20 years so Jay toughy justice was served. (Think Obama) Guess what? The guy Wen right back to armed robbery. Nicknamed "Bob the Builder" he's charged with 6 robberies in the past month.

http://www.thestranger.com/slo...s-new-travel-ban-too
http://www.thestranger.com/slo...-this-administration
http://komonews.com/news/local...-string-of-robberies

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I wish I could have moved back to the PNW, but that area is f'd up as a football bat!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... and pause for a moment to consider that Seattle City is rapidly becoming the homeless center of the continent; and safe places for heroin users.

The Evergreen state needs a new name.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You'd think Hollande would be a little more worried about the safety of his citizens than whose buying French concrete.

Posts: 3645 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
You'd think Hollande would be a little more worried about the safety of his citizens than whose buying French concrete.
It's American concrete but a French/Swiss owned company, actually a huge company, but yes...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
DOJ reportedly plans to send fleet of judges to immigration detention centers

Maybe DOJ can setup mobile immigration courts Big Grin

quote:
The Justice Department is reportedly sending 50 judges to immigration detention centers across the U.S. to hear more cases and cut down on the massive backlog of immigration cases.

Court will be in session from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., two sources told Reuters.

Judges will be asked to volunteer for one or two month deployments at detention centers. If the amount of volunteers is inadequate, the department would assign judges, Reuters reported.

Immigration courts have a backlog of more than 550,000 cases, according to the Justice Department.

The judges will be sent to detention centers in Adelanto, Calf., San Diego and Chicago, Reuters reported, citing a letter from the DOJ to judges.

One of President Trump's first executive orders was to fast-track deportations and detaining illegal immigrants until their cases can be heard, effectively ending the “catch and release policy.”

Trump campaigned on a pledge to get tougher on the 11 million illegal immigrants living in the U.S., while promising to build a wall along the southern U.S. border.

Linky

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Some of the garbage I'm seeing more and more in our local news here.

Cause yeah, I'm sure this is the whole story...

Park City Police investigate possible hate crime after teen employee attacked at coffee shop

PARK CITY, Utah -- Java Cow on Main Street is a popular spot in Park City. Most come in, grab their coffee, and leave. But on Saturday a group of three men and three women created a chaotic scene in the store.

The general manager of the coffee and ice cream shop, Rebecca Williams, says it all started with a small American flag from a Fourth of July party hanging on one of their freezers. The magnet holding it on wasn't strong enough and the flag had flipped upside down.

Williams says her 15-year-old employee fixed the flag when the group pointed it out. But when he turned around, the magnet didn't hold the flag, which fell again.

Williams says one of the women asked who moved it, and the teen said he did--not knowing it had fallen again.

He looked back and realized it had fallen, and he then apologized and the on duty manager took the flag down.

But Williams says the group wouldn't let it go and started yelling horrible and hateful things at the Hispanic teen, telling him to die or go back to where he came from and that his family should get deported.

This went on for several minutes and ended when Williams says one of the men pushed the teen to the ground and threw his ice cream at him.

“It’s legitimately scary, and it should be concerning to the rest of us in the community,” said Anna Thomas with the ACLU of Utah.

The ACLU of Utah says these cases are unfortunately becoming more frequent.

“We live in a very friendly, thoughtful state for the most part, but we are not immune here in Utah,” Thomas said. “It really is what seems to be part of a growing trend in the past four months or so.” Roll Eyes

Park City Police Department released this statement, saying in part we are ... “Actively investigating the incident. We are an inclusive community and have zero tolerance for these types of behaviors if they are substantiated.”

While the customers were yelling at the employee, Williams says the on-duty manager told them to leave and if they didn't he would call the cops. But he said they laughed and told several staff members they were officers and pulled out their badges.

Police here are working to get the surveillance video and track these people down. They don’t believe they are from the local area.

http://fox13now.com/2017/03/09...cked-at-coffee-shop/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30905 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
There is only 1 Deputy Attorney General, who is the deputy to Jeff Sessions.

Sessions asked the remaining US Attorneys to resign.

United States Attorneys (also known as chief federal prosecutors and, historically, as United States District Attorneys) represent the United States federal government in United States district court and United States court of appeals.

There are 93 U.S. Attorneys located throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands.

Well. Carelessness runs amok. Big Grin

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
While the customers were yelling at the employee, Williams says the on-duty manager told them to leave and if they didn't he would call the cops. But he said they laughed and told several staff members they were officers and pulled out their badges.

Ahhhhhh, so. They were the Federales! You know ... the mounted police.

Posts: 16171 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Park City Police investigate possible hate crime after teen employee attacked at coffee shop

PARK CITY, Utah -- Java Cow on Main Street is a popular spot in Park City. Most come in, grab their coffee, and leave. But on Saturday a group of three men and three women created a chaotic scene in the store.

My BS meter buried the needle on this.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3124 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Balzé Halzé

posted March 10, 2017 05:00 PM Hide Post

The "resistance" is trying to gin up this story that since Trump came into office, there has been a rising tide of "hate crimes." From, you know, we Nazis who voted for him.

For example, a second U of Michigan student admitted that she fabricated a "hate crime." This girl scratched her own face, and then pretended that a Trump supporter did it. Earlier, a Muslim U of M student falsely claimed that a Trump supporter tried to pull off her hijab.

https://heatst.com/culture-war...cating-a-hate-crime/

So, I agree, Balze, this definitely sounds like the whole story. An American flag is hanging upside down in this shop and no one noticed it until these three trouble makers pointed it out. Then, the Hispanic teen tried to fix the flag, but the darn magnet made it hang upside down again. Roll Eyes

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
Big story of the day

"Sean Spicer accidentally wears flag pin on upside down"

Pathetic.
Let me guess, CNN dedicated a 30 minute segment to it and concluded that because of this Trump should resign.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23662 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
We all know the Lib-tards are full of pure-dee shit. May I ask, though, on exactly what charges they think they can impeach President Trump? I have never seen so much blow-hard bullshit in all my born days...[JSMH]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The left in France employing the same tactics they did against Trump. And the media there is just as awful. Like Trump, Le Pen is calling them out and not playing along at all. The timing of these summons and the controversies brought up against any of the right leaning candidates is pretty obvious.

The people don't seem to be fooled though. I actually tend to enjoy reading the comments to a lot of these articles because a majority of them slam the liberal media and the leftist elites in Europe despite this site being heavily liberal.

Le Pen ignores summons over expenses case

Le Pen, a European parliamentarian despite her opposition to the EU, had said she would not cooperate with the investigation.

11 March 2017 08:39 CET+01:00

France's Marine Le Pen ignored a summons on Friday by a magistrate investigating allegations that she and members of her National Front party misused money from the European parliament, legal sources told AFP.
Le Pen "was summoned this morning and did not turn up," a judicial source said.

FN officials including Le Pen's personal assistant have been charged with breach of trust in the probe into allegations that the National Front defrauded the European Parliament of about €340,000 ($360,000).

Le Pen, a European parliamentarian despite her opposition to the EU, had said she would not cooperate with the investigation ahead of presidential elections in which she is seen as a frontrunner.

"I asked for an investigating magistrate to be named for this affair more than a year ago. It was refused," she told France Bleu radio.

"Then by chance, this move is made a few days before the presidential election. No one is fooled," she said, adding that the justice system was being used to discredit her.

Le Pen faces a separate investigation into the funding of National Front campaigning in 2014 and 2015, and another over the distribution of violent images of atrocities by the Islamic State group.

Rightwing candidate Francois Fillon is also set to be charged next week for misuse of public funds over the employment of his wife as a parliamentary assistant for 15 years.

She is suspected of not having worked for her salary. Fillon insists that she did.

Polls suggest independent centrist Emmanuel Macron, 39, would win the two-stage election on April 23 and May 7 if it were held today, but analysts warn against making firm forecasts.

Link

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30905 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
Big story of the day

"Sean Spicer accidentally wears flag pin on upside down"

Pathetic.
Let me guess, CNN dedicated a 30 minute segment to it and concluded that because of this Trump should resign.

Wrong. Chuck U Shumer called for impeachment. In a surprising twist, Nancy Pelosi echoed his demands.

Posts: 16004 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
A federal district court denied a request to place an emergency restraining order on President Donald Trump’s modified immigration executive order, an attorney representing states opposing the order told Reuters Friday night.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03...w-immigration-order/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post