SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Did they actually quote Clappy and Combover? Because it would be illegal for either one of them to either confirm or deny any FISA application.

Clapper said "I can deny it" on TV this weekend. I saw it, but forget which show it was on. Fox has been playing the clip with him saying "I can deny it".

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Out West:
Still leaves me wondering, what agency tapped the Flynn conversations and who (person/agency) leaked to the media? And was the wire tap conducted lawfully?

NSA??

NSA surveillance program architect Bill Binney told Sean Hannity Monday that the intelligence community routinely listens in on Americans’ conversations without court-ordered FISA warrants.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03...rrants-all-the-time/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Did they actually quote Clappy and Combover? Because it would be illegal for either one of them to either confirm or deny any FISA application.

Clapper said "I can deny it" on TV this weekend. I saw it, but forget which show it was on. Fox has been playing the clip with him saying "I can deny it".

Ah, so he's going to deny that "Obama ordered wiretaps on Trump". Easy to deny that statement because that's not how the process works and he knows it. If Obama wanted Trump tapped, his surrogates would come up with a FISA warrant for the server or for Trump's aides, and when they happen to get Trump on tape that's just a side benefit. But no, there will be no paper trail of "Obama ordering a wiretap on Trump" so that's easy to deny.

The reality is that the intel agencies probably did tap Trump Tower as reported back in January.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of OldChimney
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

"Meet the Press", Sunday, March 5. I was surprised to hear him say that.

Posts: 2364 | Location: West | Registered: December 03, 2002Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah, so he's going to deny that "Obama ordered wiretaps on Trump". Easy to deny that statement because that's not how the process works and he knows it. If Obama wanted Trump tapped, his surrogates would come up with a FISA warrant for the server or for Trump's aides, and when they happen to get Trump on tape that's just a side benefit. But no, there will be no paper trail of "Obama ordering a wiretap on Trump" so that's easy to deny.

The reality is that the intel agencies probably did tap Trump Tower as reported back in January.

Of course he can deny it. They'll follow the same script that they always have. "We had no knowledge. It was a low level staffer in the Cincinnati office. We learned about it at the exact same time the people did when we saw it on TV"

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
There are ways to request actions without ordering them.

"Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?"
~Henry II

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still leaves me wondering, what agency tapped the Flynn conversations and who (person/agency) leaked to the media? And was the wire tap conducted lawfully?
Flynn conversation was captured by routine surveillance of a Russian official, probably by the NSA, I have no doubt that monitoring was likely legal.

The problem isn't the monitoring of a foreign official, the problem is the leaking of the transcript which is most assuredly illegal under 18 U.S.C. 798.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
On January 4th, we had this...

WikiLeaks offers reward for info on Obama admin misdeeds

Today we got this...
WikiLeaks releases 'entire hacking capacity of the CIA'

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
video of Clapper talking to Chuck Todd

Clapper denies there was a FISA

https://youtu.be/3vCff3Y8jd0

TODD: I was just going to say, if the FBI, for instance, had a FISA court order of some sort for surveillance, would that be information you would know or not know?

CLAPPER: Yes.

TODD: You would be told this?

CLAPPER: I would know this.

TODD: If there was a FISA court order on something like this

CLAPPER: Something like this, absolutely.

TODD: And at this point you can’t confirm or deny whether that exists?

CLAPPER: I can deny it.

TODD: There is no FISA court order.

CLAPPER: Not to my knowledge.

TODD: Of anything at Trump Tower.

CLAPPER: No.

TODD: Well, that’s an important revelation at this point.

from the same interview:

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/ar...mp-russian-collusion

Clapper then went on to say that to his knowledge there was “no evidence” of “collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians.”

“We did not include any evidence in our report – and I say ‘our,’ that’s NSA, FBI and CIA, with my office, the Director of National Intelligence – that had anything, that had any reflection of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report.”

“I understand that,” said interviewer Chuck Todd. “But does it exist?”

“Not to my knowledge.”

“If it existed, it would have been in this report?”

“This could have unfolded or become available in the time since I left the government.,” Clapper replied, “but at the time I – we had no evidence of such collusion.”

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
There are ways to request actions without ordering them.

"Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?"
~Henry II

I believe that the military term "Commander's intent" could be inferred by lackeys.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ah, so he's going to deny that "Obama ordered wiretaps on Trump".

As sdy cited, he is denying there was a FISA warrant at all.

It confuses me because A) we know for sure Flynn's conversation was tapped, and B) as I heard on O'Reilly last night, Flynn was actually at Trump Tower when he was listened in on.

The real question is, who leaked the Flynn tapes? That should lead us to who tapped him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Ah, so he's going to deny that "Obama ordered wiretaps on Trump".

As sdy cited, he is denying there was a FISA warrant at all.

It confuses me because A) we know for sure Flynn's conversation was tapped, and B) as I heard on O'Reilly last night, Flynn was actually at Trump Tower when he was listened in on.

The real question is, who leaked the Flynn tapes? That should lead us to who tapped him.
For the second time in this page, Flynn's conversation was monitored because of who he was talking to, not because he was at Trump tower.

But yes, who did the leaking? It's against the LAW.

As I posted above:
quote:
Flynn conversation was captured by routine surveillance of a Russian official, probably by the NSA, I have no doubt that monitoring was likely legal. Maybe...

The problem isn't the monitoring of a foreign official, the problem is the leaking of the transcript which is most assuredly illegal under 18 U.S.C. 798.

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
For the second time in this page, Flynn's conversation was monitored because of who he was talking to, not because he was at Trump tower.

Yeah, whatever.

quote:
Flynn conversation was captured by routine surveillance of a Russian official, probably by the NSA, I have no doubt that monitoring was likely legal.

The problem is that a private US citizen's conversation was illegally recorded and leaked. That's the problem.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Yeah, whatever.

quote:

The problem is that a private US citizen's conversation was illegally recorded and leaked. That's the problem.

I'm not disagreeing with that(leak) part, I'm just saying that monitoring of that call would have been completely normal.

NRA Benefactor

posted Hide Post
quote:

And you know this to be a fact HOW? Because the media and Clapper/Comey/Obama/whoever says so?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And you know this to be a fact HOW? Because the media and Clapper/Comey/Obama/whoever says so?
Most everyone except people in this thread seem to think we don't record foreign ambassadors to our country for some odd reason, hell, we monitored Angela Merkel on her own soil!
And I know folks that work for the companies that make and maintain the storage equipment... Almost went to work for them. Wink

NRA Benefactor

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Most everyone except people in this thread seem to think we don't record foreign ambassadors to our country for some odd reason, hell, we monitored Angela Merkel on her own soil!
And I know folks that work for the companies that make and maintain the storage equipment... Almost went to work for them. Wink

And those things = no possibility of phone taps in Trump Tower?

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My understanding was that Flynn was in Trump Tower when the calls in question occurred and were monitored. So what else might the NSA (or others) have also monitored at the Tower?

At this point, I believe nothing any agency within the Federal government tells us. Nothing. These people lie for a living, and I'm done going along with their comments on anything.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
quote:

My understanding was that Flynn was in Trump Tower when the calls in question occurred and were monitored. So what else might the NSA (or others) have also monitored at the Tower?

At this point, I believe nothing any agency within the Federal government tells us. Nothing. These people lie for a living, and I'm done going along with their comments on anything.

Who knows, but if the call was captured from a trunk line, that's not necessarily "in" Trump Tower. Best I can tell, they capture damn near everything, but only cull certain parts they want. Is that not what the whole Snowden thing was supposedly about?
I personally don't believe anything any of these people have said, for a long while...

NRA Benefactor

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And those things = no possibility of phone taps in Trump Tower?
No, but it also doesn't mean it "had" to be. Wink
If you were already monitoring an ambassador, which end of the wire are you setting up on? I mean it doesn't even have to be an end, it can be in the middle...

NRA Benefactor