SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
*****SATIRE*****

The Bee Explains: Impeachment
December 17th, 2019

Impeachment can be confusing. But The Babylon Bee is here with an explainer so you will know how the process works and what it takes for Dems to snap their fingers together and make Trump disappear in a cloud of dust.

What is impeachment?

It's the official, constitutional method for screaming at the sky because Trump is president.

Why is Trump being impeached?

Trump has committed some very serious offenses, from not being a Democrat to being a Republican. He also won the 2016 election, which rises to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors. He also restored the celebration of Christmas after eight years of winter with no Christmas under Obama. This drove Dems up a wall so they drummed up some charges against him.

Why didn't Democrats include any criminal offenses in the articles of impeachment?

There were just so many of them, it was hard to pick one. So, instead of laying out actually impeachable offenses, the Democrats summarized it all with two main articles of impeachment: 1.) Trump is president. 2.) TRUMP IS PRESIDENT.

What does it take to remove the president from office?

Faith, trust, and pixie dust.

Will Trump be removed from office?

Lol.

If we believe in ourselves and try hard, and Trump is removed, Hillary Clinton becomes president, right?

Actually, Mike Pence would become president, basically making the United States into a Handmaid's Tale-style dystopia.

What happens if Trump is impeached in the House but acquitted in the Senate?

Democrats don't get the big prize, but they each get a complimentary copy of Impeachment: The Board Game.

Once the House votes to officially impeach President Trump, what happens next?

Trump wins the 2020 election.

https://babylonbee.com/news/th...explains-impeachment

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Anyone watching the impeachment proceedings? What a load of bullshit the demoRATS are trying to peddle. Debbie Lesko of AZ just tore the traitors a new one.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Who the f are the House Republicans who have not voted against the debate rules? I don't care if it is a foregone conclusion. Vote, make a good showing of it.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I find it typically ironic that the Democrats are accusing anyone standing in their way of either abusing power/subverting the Constitution, or obstruction.

It also seems like in school I read about similar tactics used by Lenin, Stalin, Mao, etc to put down opposition.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Anyone with me here thinking this could still fall short of the votes needed?

I know these Dems are insane with rage and all that Trump beat their gal, but I think there are *just* enough that are worried about going home next week and having to face their very pissed-off constituents that they may waver and be a "NO".

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think it will be pretty close, either way. One man's take on it:

Let's do the math:

She needs 218 votes. There are now 234 Democrats, 200 Republicans (including now Jeff Van Drew) and 1 independent (Amash). Assuming she gets none of the 200 from the GOP, with Amash, she starts off with 235. She has an 17-vote cushion but there are 30 freshmen who are under intense pressure from their constituents to vote "no" or even "abstain" for their political survival. Considering the polling, they may be finished anyway come next November no matter how they vote. I think there are about four or five in the past day or so who have openly committed political suicide by declaring they will vote in favor of impeachment. The rest have remained silent, so it's anyone's guess. With an eye to next November, she's trying to pick and choose which of the Trump districts she thinks she can save and which she can't, and so she'll give a green light to the latter to vote "no."

In the end, I think it will pass but by a very narrow margin, but it will be a pyrrhic victory. There will be no "bipartisan" support and the optics of even one Democrat voting "no" despite the behind the scenes political machinations for allowing it still reads in the eyes of the public as bipartisan opposition. Jeff Van Drew already did that and more. And, please G-d, if Pelosi falls short of 218, it will be an absolute catastrophe for the Democrats for 2020 and perhaps for a long time afterwards, the incompetence/duplicity of the GOP not capitalizing on the Trump era notwithstanding.

http://ace.mu.nu/

But... Don't worry too much about the vote today because 'We, The People' are winning!

10 Self-Evident Truths That 'We, The People' Have Spontaneously Come To Realize...

We have a lot to thank Trump for, but among the most important is the idea that Trump has caused the corrupt, fraudulent, lying specter of “Big Government” to fully reveal itself for what it truly is.

Does anyone trust the FBI after reading the shocking findings of the Horowitz (IG) report? Not on your life.

Does anyone believe the Democrats are pursuing legitimate “impeachment” based on legitimate “high crimes?” Not a chance.

Does any rational person think that high-level lawmakers and bureaucrats aren’t on the take, receiving kickbacks from billions in foreign aid?

It’s quite stunning, actually, how the mass awakening has accelerated over the last three years as Trump has succeeded as President. In their desperate attempt to destroy Trump, the deep state swamp creatures and corrupt, lawless Democrats have been forced to reveal the truth about their corruption, fraud and malicious abuse of power.

Because of all this, there are many self-evident truths that have now become obvious to the American people. Read from the point of view of the People talking to the political swamp in Washington D.C.:

We don’t believe you.

You are all dishonest crooks and horrible people who should never be trusted again.

The intelligence community is the enemy of the people and must be dismantled if any American is to ever be truly free.

We are not going to voluntarily hand over our guns. You may come try to take them by force, but we will shoot you if you try.

We are withdrawing our consent. You are now a rogue enemy government that we finally recognize as the ENEMY.

We are never going to vote for establishment candidates ever again.

We will not live as slaves, suffering under your tyranny. We would rather die as Americans, defending our liberty and our republic.

If we ever get the chance, we will arrest all of you and throw you in prison for as long as you live.

We will no longer cooperate with your sham court system, your corrupt FBI and your lawless federal regulators. They are all fraudulent, criminal cartels that have no legitimate authority. You have lost the consent of “the governed.”

Your fiat currency financial system and debt Ponzi scheme is a criminal fraud that steals money from the working class. We will no longer hold your dollars and will seek alternatives at every opportunity.

I’m sure you can think of dozens more, but that short list sums up the highlights.

The bottom line should be crystal clear: The United States federal government is run by illegitimate, corrupt, fraudulent swamp creatures and the very future of freedom for America depends on completely dismantling the very concept of a “government” that rules over the people.

The time has come to end the era of big government. We the People no longer need “representatives” in Washington. We don’t need a United States Senate, packed with treasonous crooks (like McCain or Reid) and foreign aid skimming hucksters. We don’t need the FDA or the CDC, both of which are nothing but fake science marketing departments for Big Pharma. We don’t need the Federal Reserve, a fiat currency counterfeiting operation that steals from all working Americans. And we don’t need the intelligence community, which has morphed into a domestic spying secret police operation that routinely abuses its power to surveil and threaten innocent Americans.

We don’t need government-run health care, government-run food stamps or government-run anything, other than defending the shores, setting standards and using the limited powers of small government to protect the rights of individuals against dangerous corporations such as banks and tech giants. That’s the proper role of government: To protect liberty, not to rule over the people.

Do not surrender an inch to this corrupt, lawless system run by traitors and tyrants. Every Democrat in Washington D.C., without exception, is guilty of treason and should be arrested, charged and treated accordingly. And half the Republicans are guilty of the same crime, by the way.

The entire system is corrupt beyond repair. The deep state swamp cannot investigate itself, yet all the powers of investigation have been concentrated in the hands of the very people who are the most dangerous, corrupt criminals of all.

It’s time to revoke our consent from this criminal government and dismantle it once and for all.

Trump is attempting to do exactly that, but even he is spending America into oblivion with record debt spending. Perhaps he realizes a financial implosion is the only sure way to bring down the whole corrupt system.

There will never be another Trump. Once Trump’s tenure is up, We the People must continue his work of exposing, dismantling and rejecting the criminals, crooks and fraudsters in Washington D.C. The very existence of big government is irreconcilable with personal liberty and prosperity. We can either be free and prosperous, or we can be enslaved and forced into destitution under the rule of big government tyranny.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...neously-come-realize

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Never realized Pelosi was the daughter of the Baltimore political family.

Makes a lot of sense.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope our President Trump now wears this with pride, owns it and beats them to death with it. He can do it. I have full faith in him. My blood is boiling hearing this crap on c-span. My wife is from the UK and absolutely hates what is going on as well.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

No. This was a forgone conclusion since Schiff started this fiasco.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not a chance in hell. This was all carefully scripted and choreographed from the start of 2018 when Pelosi took the gavel. Nothing has been left to chance.

Posts: 4077 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:

Not a chance in hell. This was all carefully scripted and choreographed from the start of 2018 when Pelosi took the gavel. Nothing has been left to chance.

With the obvious exception of public interest and any positive effect on voting habits of non DNC supporters.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
He'll get impeached and he'll get reelected, it's going to be beautiful!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm still not convinced here that Pelosi has all the votes she needs, I guess we will know soon but I half expect her to call some sort of "delay" which will tell you if I was right.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm still not convinced here that Pelosi has all the votes she needs, I guess we will know soon but I half expect her to call some sort of "delay" which will tell you if I was right.

I don't think they would call the question until they knew they had the votes.

I think it will be like Obamacare. They will pass it even if it costs them their majority. They will let some of the more vulnerable red district Dems vote against it, but they will force enough of them to vote yes to pass it. And those who lose their seats as a result will be set up with cushy lobbying jobs or gigs with CNN or MSNBC.

The good news is that impeachment will matter even less to Trump than it did to Bubba. It will ultimately be meaningless except for the fact that it will help usher in Trump's reelection and a new GOP House majority.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Collins put a boot solidly in Pelosi’s ass and clearly spelled out what the left has done from day one. They might get their majority vote but the end result will be the same. Trump acquitted, Trump re-elected.

The Senate will NEVER affirm this sham, and the American people see through the subterfuge. The dems may just have cost themselves the House in the process.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I've been watching this proceeding, occasionally commenting, but slowly building a detailed response.

He nailed every point I was going to make, in order, almost verbatim in that video. A little scary really but in my opinion spot on.

The Democratic party had impeachment as their focus as soon as they all cleaned up after crapping themselves on election night.

Let's talk abuse of power shall we? How about the night the Democrats won majority in the house and Pelosi is on TV yelling. "WE HAVE POWER!!" Many of her members vowing to impeach that blankety-blank then doing it. Pelosi declaring the legislature "protectors of Democracy and the Constitution" with "power to determine what the President can do. "They" are going to save us if we shut up and go along with their plans. Sounds like clear abuse of power to me, covered in an impeachment.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not really, sir. Remember...there are those that PLEDGED to "impeach the motherf***er" after they were elected...and Rep Collins addressed that in his speech. That was the plan all along, but like tits on a boar hog, all their hoopla will be useless.

Sidebar: Oh...my dear Rep Doug Collins. PLEASE remove the "word" 'IRREGARDLESS' from your vocabulary!! But I do agree...Rep Collins kicked Pelosi's scrawny ass square up right between her shoulders. LOVE IT!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Sidebar: Oh...my dear Rep Doug Collins. PLEASE remove the "word" 'IRREGARDLESS' from your vocabulary!! But I do agree...Rep Collins kicked Pelosi's scrawny ass square up right between her shoulders. LOVE IT!!
Yep. "Irregardless" is a mashing together of "Irrespective" and "regardless", either of which would be adequate. "Irregardless" actually means "not regardless", which is opposite to what is (usually) intended.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Two-thirds of voters say Democrats want to impeach Trump more than help Americans

December 18, 2019 10:07 AM

In the final impeachment poll released before today’s House vote to condemn President Trump, two-thirds of voters believed Democrats in Congress are “more concerned” with punishing the president than helping Americans.

In the latest Zogby Analytics survey, 67% of voters said that they “believe the Democrats are more interested in impeaching the president as opposed to passing legislation that will help Americans.”

And the shocking sidebar: A majority of Democrats, 53%, believe this is the case too, said pollster Jonathan Zogby.

“This feeling of politics first permeated a majority of every subgroup: all felt that Democrats in Congress were more concerned with impeaching the president rather than passing legislation that helps Americans,” he said in sharing the poll with Secrets.

His is the latest survey to show that the Democratic drive to impeach the president today has done little to expand their base or drive up Trump’s approval numbers.

What his poll shows, instead, is the feeling by many that the effort was a costly waste and robbed Congress of time needed to push through helpful legislation.

According to his analysis:

The overall numbers were resounding when it came to how sub-groups felt about the nature of House Democrats using impeachment for political purposes. Majorities of men (69%), women (65%), younger voters aged 18-29 (54%), Hispanics (56%), African Americans (61%), Independents (67%), and suburban voters (67%) all felt Democrats in Congress were more interested in impeachment rather than passing important legislation.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post