SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Looks like the House will vote to impeach as soon as Wednesday.

Now you have this clown inserting himself into the process. Hey Chucky, BITE ME! Roll Eyes

Chuck Schumer Issues List Of Democrat Demands For Senate Impeachment Trial, Gets Wrecked

Schumer demands...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A Michigan DEM tells her townhall she supports impeachment

interesting

Michigan voters booed and shouted at Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-MI) during a town hall Monday in Rochester, Michigan, for supporting articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.

The Michigan Democrat, a former CIA officer , said, “President Trump used the power of the presidency for his own benefit, to give himself some advantage in the very election that would determine whether he remained in office.”

The swing district Democrats’ decision to back impeachment did not resonate with many of her Michigan constituents. Michiganders shouted down the freshman Democrat as she attempted to explain why she backed impeachment.

Slotkin represents one of the 13 congressional districts that Trump won during the 2016 presidential election, and that House Democrats flipped during the 2018 midterm elections.

video at:

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...impeachment-support/

posted Hide Post
Newly elected Virginia Dem who also supports Democrat gun control said she would support impeaching President Trump

Spanberger says she will vote to impeach Trump

https://www.richmond.com/news/...9c-c5f18960f997.html

Virginia Rep. Abigail Spanberger, D-7th, said Monday that she is planning to support the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

Spanberger, a former CIA officer, said in a statement that after reviewing the findings of the investigation and evidence, she believes the president abused the power of his office by “soliciting foreign interference in the 2020 election” and obstructed the congressional inquiry.

“This vote is about more than one man’s abuse of power; it is about the power of the presidency and whether we, as citizens, can expect that our elected officials, and most powerfully, our president, will fulfill their obligation to uphold the Constitution,” she said in a written statement.

“It is with a heavy heart, a solemn devotion to our Constitution, and a deep belief in our country that I believe we must pursue this remedy.”

The House is expected to vote Wednesday or Thursday on the two articles of impeachment against Trump — charging abuse of power and obstruction of Congress — related to his administration’s dealings with Ukrainian officials.

Spanberger had been among a few congressional Democrats in swing districts who for months held off on supporting the president’s impeachment. In September, she publicly backed a congressional investigation into the president after a whistleblower claimed improper conduct by Trump and other administration officials.

Spanberger’s votes are drawing national attention because Trump carried the 7th District three years ago. Spanberger was elected by about 2 percentage points in 2018 in a district that Trump had carried by 6.5 points in 2016.

Spanberger won the seat in 2018 by running up sizable margins in Henrico and Chesterfield counties while trailing in the district’s eight rural counties. The district stretches from Culpeper County south to Nottoway County.

Earlier Monday, a small group of protesters gathered outside the Virginia Capitol in Richmond to decry the ongoing impeachment process against Trump and the role of Spanberger and Rep. Elaine Luria, D-2nd, another freshman Democrat with a national security background who represents a swing district. Luria, a former U.S. Navy commander, also plans to back impeachment.

The rally particularly focused on Spanberger.

“I’m out here this morning with a lot of great Republicans, great Virginians, who are calling on Congress generally, and Abigail Spanberger specifically, to stop the madness,” said Republican Party of Virginia Chairman Jack Wilson, speaking to a group of about 20 attendees and reporters. “We’re calling on her and every other congressmen and women stop this madness, get back to work for the American people.”

On Tuesday, activists who support impeachment plan to rally outside the Richmond office of Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., as part of a series of nationwide “Nobody Is Above the Law” rallies.

Republicans are eyeing Spanberger’s seat as a potential pickup in 2020, a high-turnout election in which they expect Trump to again lead the Republican ticket. Spanberger unseated Rep. Dave Brat, R-7th, in 2018.

Monday’s rally featured five Republicans competing for the nomination to run against Spanberger: Del. Nick Freitas, R-Culpeper; Del. John McGuire, R-Henrico; Andrew Knaggs, a former Trump defense official; Tina Ramirez, the president of a nonprofit that promotes religious freedom in other countries; and Jason Roberge, a Coast Guard veteran and lawyer.

“We need a congressperson that’s going to represent the district,” McGuire said, adding that Spanberger ran on a “reach across the aisle” message that he said is not embodied in her support for impeachment. “She says one thing in the district and does something different in D.C.”

Roberge challenged the reliability of witnesses that Democrats have presented publicly, and called on the whistleblower who first levied claims against Trump to speak publicly.

Freitas echoed those sentiments. “She lent her weight to an impeachment process which is not based on overwhelming evidence,” Freitas said.

Freitas said in a statement Monday evening: “With today’s announcement, Abigail is fully committing to dumping her ‘moderate’ facade and showing us that she is a radical Democrat who will talk a good game to the voters but will vote how leadership wants, regardless of how her constituents feel about it.”

Ramirez said at the rally, “Trump is getting the job done,” and said the voters in the 7th District don’t want to see Trump impeached.

Knaggs also spoke in favor of Trump’s performance in office. “You said that you were going to be independently minded,” Knaggs said of Spanberger. “Our president has kept his promises; you keep yours. Stand up to your own party, if you can.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Michigan voters booed and shouted at Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-MI) during a town hall Monday in Rochester, Michigan, for supporting articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.
Apparently little missy hasn't developed much political sense when it comes to doing what's necessary to keep her seat in Congress. So long sweetie, you're toast.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Utah congressman Ben McAdams of the 4th congressional district has also pledged to vote for impeachment. This guy won his seat by 700 votes against the RINO Mia Love. I think this vote will be a nail in his coffin. See ya Bitch!

https://www.ksl.com/article/46...impeachment-articles

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by gw3971:
Utah congressman Ben McAdams of the 4th congressional district has also pledged to vote for impeachment. This guy won his seat by 700 votes against the RINO Mia Love. I think this vote will be a nail in his coffin. See ya Bitch!

But what will you get as replacement, Mia Love again?

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:

But what will you get as replacement, Mia Love again?

I saw on Fox that Burgess Owens was running.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/po...-nfl-player-burgess/

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Pelosi has got to be forcing or bribing these freshmen Dems to abort their careers for impeachment, I really don’t know how to explain it otherwise.

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
You can guarantee they've been told they'll be taken care of for life.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pelosi has got to be forcing or bribing these freshmen Dems to abort their careers for impeachment, I really don’t know how to explain it otherwise.

"Hey, come to Congress for a while, make a big stink, get featured on magazine covers and online news publications, all of social media and the primetime network channels. Youse gonna make a good living at whatever, wherever after. We don't care. Just remember, you're gonna take a smack in mouth a few minutes inna seventh round, hit the canvas and you don't get up, right? You don't get up. Don't forget which round or my friends what all bet on you might be, maybe... disappointed. Just do your thing, ok? Alright. Go get 'em, Slugger!"

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If they don't go along with Pelosi, they'll get primaried with the full weight of the DNC behind their opponent.

If they do, they're toast in the general.

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Well, under current laws they receive a pension after just one term of office. Not a bad deal for 2 years' work.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
One aspect never discussed is the product of spying on the Trump campaign. Who got the information and what did they do with it? I contend that DT is squeaky clean if the dem smear machine has nothing on him. Its apparent by its omission, that absolutely nothing nefarious was done by the Trump campaign, or it would have already been used to take him out.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Rudy Giuliani says he was key player in Yovanovitch ouster, has proof of Dem impeachment a 'cover-up'

FOX NEWS > https://www.foxnews.com/media/...itch-she-was-corrupt

"Rudy Giuliani, a personal attorney for President Trump, said Monday that he played a key role in forcing ex-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch from her post earlier this year, and claimed that he has evidence the Trump impeachment inquiry is a "cover-up" of Democratic malfeasance.

Giuliani, one of Trump's most loyal defenders, told Laura Ingraham on "The Ingraham Angle" that he helped forced out Yovanovitch because she was corrupt and obstructing the investigation into Ukraine and the Bidens.

Giuliani raised eyebrows recently after an interview was published in the New Yorker where he was quoted saying that he needed her "out of the way" because she would make the investigation into the Bidens "difficult for everybody."

Rudy Giuliani

@RudyGiuliani
Replying to @RudyGiuliani
Dem’s impeachment for innocent conduct is intended to obstruct the below investigations of Obama-era corruption:

- Billions of laundered $
- Billions, mostly US $, widely misused
- Extortion
- Bribery
- DNC collusion w/ Ukraine to destroy candidate Trump

Much more to come.

He told Ingraham that he needed her out of the way because she was corrupt. Giuliani said he was not the first person to go to the president with concerns about the diplomat."
................MORE

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pelosi has always been good at getting everyone in line. She is the mistress of Satan himself.
I'm sure she can be very convincing when she corners you one on one.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Well, under current laws they receive a pension after just one term of office. Not a bad deal for 2 years' work.

flashguy

Under both CSRS and FERS, Members of Congress are eligible for a pension at the age of 62 if they have completed at least 5 years of service. Members are eligible for a pension at age 50 if they have completed 20 years of service, or at any age after completing 25 years of service.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:

Pelosi has always been good at getting everyone in line. She is the mistress of Satan himself.
I'm sure she can be very convincing when she corners you one on one.

Pelosi and Schiff will rot in hell for this sham-peachment.
This is a sad day for our Republic. Frown

HYPOCRITE: Schiff Wants His Own Witnesses at Senate Trial After Denying GOP Witnesses in House Impeachment Inquiry

There's been a lot of talk about how Senate Republicans might proceed with the Senate trial. Rumors are swirling about Adam Schiff and his staff — and even Joe and Hunter Biden — being called as witnesses. There's also been talk of a short impeachment trial in order to get it over with and move on, particularly from Lindsey Graham, who said, "This thing will come to the Senate, and it will die quickly, and I will do everything I can to make it die quickly,."

Schiff isn't happy about that either.

"I think we see clearly what's going on here with the comments of Lindsey Graham and others and that is they don't want the American people to see the facts," said Schiff—yes, the same guy who denied Republicans the opportunity to call their own witnesses. "They realize what's been presented in the House is already overwhelming but that there's more damning evidence to be had and they don't want the American people to see that," he added.

Isn't that rich?

There's a lot of dysfunction in Washington, D.C., and the responsibility for that belongs to the Democrats who see themselves as being above the rules.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/h...impeachment-inquiry/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
This is the game. If the Republicans dismiss this out of hand in the Senate without a trial the drum beat between now and election is they are hiding something, obstructing, don't want the American people to see the truth etc. etc. etc.

If it goes to trial we put much of it in the hands of Chief Justice John Roberts. As I posted earlier I do not trust him one bit in a matter of such huge importance as this. Or any matter as far as that goes.

End it. Let the dems do as they please afterwards.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
End it. Let the dems do as they please afterwards.

Vote to dismiss and just say, "Bring us specific evidence of gross misconduct and high crimes, otherwise, good day."

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Whatever grievances or evidence that can be aired with a Senate trial, can be aired elsewhere. A Senate impeachment trial isn't the best place to expose them, even though it is tempting. Get it over immediately and use other channels to expose the rebellious traitors and corrupt thieves.

Maybe some wish to avoid a prolonged Senate trial just to kick the can down the road on exposing corruption on both sides and the deep state. Few are brave enough to take on the entrenched global power structure that has been running our country for decades. Maybe nobody is, and if so I can understand it. Who would risk a comfortable life to clean it up? Would you risk all to upset the status quo?

Barr and Durham might be the bravest wild west sheriffs ever. I'm going to predict they'll cave or be destroyed before they expose the deep state globalists. They'll be convinced it isn't worth it. I'm tossing the towel on ever seeing justice.

We'll look back at the Trump era as a time when we had hope of keeping America sovereign. I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post